Did something EPIC happen?

Is it just me or does she look like RCI borrowed a chapter from NCL? The front top section sure looks a lot like the EPIC. Maybe a little rounder, but an Easter Bonnet for sure. Do I dislike it? Not sure yet. What do other faithful Royal passengers think?

Quantrum.jpg.c0b89be410cfc0a463225d13f8dd1f9b.jpg

Edited by Sam.Seattle

It will look different than Epic and less like a bucktooth when that section is attached to the rest of the ship.

Right, it isn't fully attached yet in that picture... it'll look normal once slid back into place.

Right, it isn't fully attached yet in that picture... it'll look normal once slid back into place.

Yes, looks much better like this ...

2051d3dd4b37e9a3d5a9c29f317a0d7a.jpg

8ed6f5eea7bf0cc6c4987fd45d86a606.jpg

Doesn't compare to this ...

6a0133ef21f5d1970b013484a61ec8970c.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Is it just me or does she look like RCI borrowed a chapter from NCL? The front top section sure looks a lot like the EPIC. Maybe a little rounder, but an Easter Bonnet for sure. Do I dislike it? Not sure yet. What do other faithful Royal passengers think?

I don't think it looks anything like NCL Epic.

I don't think it looks anything like NCL Epic.

I don't either, thank God. From the artist's versions Quantum looks like another outstanding RCI design. There has to be a good reason why NCL didn't build more than one EPIC.

What the F were they thinking :eek:???

I'm gonna miss seeing the ol' top hat down in the Caribbean when they move her to Europe. You can spot her from miles away!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

LOL!!! My thought exactly! What was going on when THAT design was approved? WHO thought that looked good???

NCL was to have three ships in the Epic Class: she is as ugly now, as when I was on her, for her Maiden Voyage, from Southampton!! :eek::rolleyes::o

NCL was to have three ships in the Epic Class: she is as ugly now, as when I was on her, for her Maiden Voyage, from Southampton!! :eek::rolleyes::o

Ugly indeed! That's why they never built the second. The other problem I heard was the see through bathrooms were not a hit with the average family in the US.

Ugly indeed! That's why they never built the second. The other problem I heard was the see through bathrooms were not a hit with the average family in the US.

Part of the reason she's fleeing to Europe... ;)