Suite Guarantee Question

TxnAquarian

I did a suite GTY once and was given a SKY suite. Only issue for me was that it was an accessible room, which meant that the bathroom did not have a bath, but a roll-in shower.

Also, be aware - if you do not like the suite you are assigned you can request your TA to have Celebrity put you back into the pool. That way you are reassigned 24 hours later. You may still be given the same suite but you may also get a different one!

Once you're assigned your cabin, you can look at various websites which show all available cabins. If you find a better one in the same class, pick the one you'd prefer and tell your TA to switch you to that specific cabin. You don't have to go back into the pool.

Since you know the ins and outs why are you giving up control of your reservation? Sometimes the OBC you get from a TA is negated by the loss of a fare reduction or upgrade.

I have only had great experiences with my TA. Also, I did get a lot of OBC from her too! I want her reasoning on this one before I decide to give her the boot or not. I will also she how she handles this situation and if she can still upgrade for the same price. If she doesn't come through, at least I still have my cabin on the hump! The suite was just an offer that was too good to be true! My cabin was and still is the cheapest price(booked onboard) and I feel goof about it!:cool:

1A/$675 OBC...I don't feel that I lost, just don't understand why she did what she did and feel that she owes me an explanation plain and simple, especially if she wants my business!

Edited by Lastdance

if the deal is still there today, place a 24 hour hold. That way the price and availability will be locked in until your TA is available tomorrow.

I had also wanted to take advantage of the Suite GTY, but was told that we would lose our Celebrity issued OBC (booking onboard) and the Beverage Package, even though we would be paying $100 more pp to upgrade from an AQ to the Suite GTY. :(

I had also wanted to take advantage of the Suite GTY, but was told that we would lose our Celebrity issued OBC (booking onboard) and the Beverage Package, even though we would be paying $100 more pp to upgrade from an AQ to the Suite GTY. :(

I was told that it depends on who you ask and whether it is before or after final payment...but mostly who you get on the phone and your TA.:cool: In addition, if you have a beverage pkg, sometimes they won't let you keep it. Again, it is always different based on who you talk with and I guess the time of day...strange. I am also doing a Baltic's cruise, but on the Eclipse. My TA was giving us an upgrade: suite guarantee W; however, she left the office before finalizing it...

Edited by Lastdance

I was told that it depends on who you ask and whether it is before or after final payment...but mostly who you get on the phone and your TA.:cool: In addition, if you have a beverage pkg, sometimes they won't let you keep it. Again, it is always different based on who you talk with and I guess the time of day...strange. I am also doing a Baltic's cruise, but on the Eclipse. My TA was giving us an upgrade: suite guarantee W; however, she left the office before finalizing it...

Don't be too surprised if you have to give up your 123 promo to get the special pricing for a suite guarantee, we did last year. Maybe your TA has figured out that they gave you bad information.

I hope not for you. Good luck.

I am sailing this Saturday, booked the trip over a year ago for a balcony with 123 package. Long after final payment was due, there was a W suite guarantee rate that was $100 per person more for the week. I called Celebrity, asked if I could pay for the upgrade and keep the 123 package, I was told no. Then I asked if there were any paid upgrades I could get and still keep the 123 package. The rep put me on hold, then came back and said that I could get the W guarantee and keep the package for that price. So I grabbed it, and my 123 package does show up.

The sailing still has cabins available, maybe I was lucky because it wasn't close to capacity or maybe I just got a great rep!

Good Luck OP!

Edited by tn1728

I have already made final payment on a C1 and now see a Cat W suite guarantee for substantially less. Waiting for my TA to call me back, but what would my options typically be?

Usually after final payment, Celebrity will upgrade you, and you pay the difference. I don't think they will upgrade you if the price is lower, but you can always ask.