Diamond Club question.

I recently became a Diamond member after my last cruise. I have 2 more cruises booked....one on the Freedom and one on the Oasis. I plan to utilize the Diamond Club lounge before dinner as I know both ships have these. My question is how does one tip in these lounges, do you tip daily with cash or at the end of the cruise. What amount is a good tip?? Thanks in advance for your answers!!!!!

I tip my servers with each round of drinks ordered; I bring cash to do this. Others choose to tip at the end of the cruise. Some tip nothing, some tip a small amount, some tip the moon and the stars.

For the concierge I would only tip if I made a request for them to handle; I would not consider it appropriate to tip the concierge for merely mingling or saying hi. You may feel differently however.

Basically, tip for the services provided to whatever level you are comfortable as there is no set requirements.

I tip my servers with each round of drinks ordered; I bring cash to do this. Others choose to tip at the end of the cruise. Some tip nothing, some tip a small amount, some tip the moon and the stars.

For the concierge I would only tip if I made a request for them to handle; I would not consider it appropriate to tip the concierge for merely mingling or saying hi. You may feel differently however.

Basically, tip for the services provided to whatever level you are comfortable as there is no set requirements.

Thanks so much.

I recently became a Diamond member after my last cruise. I have 2 more cruises booked....one on the Freedom and one on the Oasis. I plan to utilize the Diamond Club lounge before dinner as I know both ships have these. My question is how does one tip in these lounges, do you tip daily with cash or at the end of the cruise. What amount is a good tip?? Thanks in advance for your answers!!!!!

You will get varying opinions - but I like to tip nightly because sometimes servers get rotated "off" the normal schedule, get sick, etc. Also, If I don't make it the last night for some reason I have not stiffed anyone.

As to amount - $1 to $2 per drink seems to be the consensus. I usually try to stick with 1 server and tip him/her once each evening when we leave for dinner - but I've also sometimes included something extra at the end of the cruise for exceptional service.

Enjoy the DL on the Freedom - it is a very nice one!

PS: There is no secret handshake ;).

You will get varying opinions - but I like to tip nightly because sometimes servers get rotated "off" the normal schedule, get sick, etc. Also, If I don't make it the last night for some reason I have not stiffed anyone.

As to amount - $1 to $2 per drink seems to be the consensus. I usually try to stick with 1 server and tip him/her once each evening when we leave for dinner - but I've also sometimes included something extra at the end of the cruise for exceptional service.

Thanks!!!!! I am excited about this. The tipping amount you quoted was what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

Anyone know what the Diamond Lounge is like on the Indy?

Love the Indy DL especially the outdoor patio area.

And to the OP...we tip on the last night...find it unnecessary to keep doling out $1.00 bills each night..and after all the many times we have been in the DL's/Diamond events even CL's we have always had the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.

Anyone know what the Diamond Lounge is like on the Indy?

Agree, a nice place. You can access it with your cruise card. The Viking Lounge is used as an "overflow" area at night.

In addition, Mel Arandia, Diamond Concierge, was wonderful and genuinely helpful. Enjoy.

To the OP...we also tipped nightly. A couple of dollars to the same waiter after each drink. After a few evenings, the same waiter would have our preferred drinks before we even ordered. :)

[quote=Beachin2;

Agreed. While I don't feel obligated to tip the concierge, we have in the past if we make a special request.

After a couple of visits to the DL most of the waiters will know your preferred drinks. We like to tip after each drink. The waiters pool all their tips.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Not on every ship - it varies. At the beginning of the voyage I ask the server - I'm not very shy.

...we tip on the last night...find it unnecessary to keep doling out $1.00 bills each night...we have always had the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.

Agree on both points. The servers remember you, not a big deal here. We noticed the service was equally wonderful, regardless of those who tipped as they went along, or tipped on the last evening.

OP, enjoy your experience. :)

It is a personal decision and depends mostly on the service given.