I know but...would like your opinion!

Lastdance

If you had a chance to upgrade to a suite from a 1A on the hump, would you do it for $225? I know, this seems so cheap and the cruise is 14 days in the Baltic in June...We got such a great bargain on our 1A too! Give me the pros and cons!

:eek:

If you had a chance to upgrade to a suite from a 1A on the hump, would you do it for $225? I know, this seems so cheap and the cruise is 14 days in the Baltic in June...We got such a great bargain on our 1A too! Give me the pros and cons!

He who hesitates is lost so the saying goes

Grab that sweet suite right now. That is like the deal of the year. You are moving up at least five categories. Maybe more.

$225/pp or $225 total? Is this a suite guarantee or do you get to pick your suite?

I did 14 days in the Baltic in a 1A and was perfectly happy. We weren't on the ship much. Would the money be better spent on expensive shore excursions?

I guess I might do it if the total cost were $225. You do get two free dinners in specialty restaurants and you'll get to eat in Blu if you want to. Also keep in mind that if you do it, you will now have a butler to tip in addition to the tips you already have.

So you have to run the numbers and see if it works for you. Good luck!

$225/pp or $225 total? Is this a suite guarantee or do you get to pick your suite?

I did 14 days in the Baltic in a 1A and was perfectly happy. We weren't on the ship much. Would the money be better spent on expensive shore excursions?

I guess I might do it if the total cost were $225. You do get two free dinners in specialty restaurants and you'll get to eat in Blu if you want to. Also keep in mind that if you do it, you will now have a butler to tip in addition to the tips you already have.

So you have to run the numbers and see if it works for you. Good luck!

Yes, $225.78 for both of us!:eek: It is a suite guarantee!

Edited by Lastdance

Yes, $225.78 for both of us!:eek: It is a suite guarantee!

Do you have perks such as the complimentary beverage package with your cat 1A? Are you looking at a cat W suite guarantee, or a specific suite category guarantee such as S1 or S2?

Do you have perks such as the complimentary beverage package with your cat 1A? Are you looking at a cat W suite guarantee, or a specific suite category guarantee such as S1 or S2?

It is a category W! We don't have a beverage pkg, but don't drink a lot and have tons of OBC, more than we would use...a credit to take home!:eek: The price we got for our 1A booking onboard has never been lower!

Edited by Lastdance

It is a category W! We don't have a beverage pkg, but don't drink a lot and have tons of OBC, more than we would use...a credit to take home!:eek: The price we got for our 1A booking onboard has never been lower!

Good to know, because I don't believe the drink package promo could carry over to a cat W. You mention "tons" of OBC.....is it all from your TA or some of it from Celebrity? If any of your OBC is from Celebrity, make sure it can be carried over to a cat W before you make your final decision.

Good luck! ;)

Good to know, because I don't believe the drink package promo could carry over to a cat W. You mention "tons" of OBC.....is it all from your TA or some of it from Celebrity? If any of your OBC is from Celebrity, make sure it can be carried over to a cat W before you make your final decision.

Good luck! ;)

Thank you!

Yes, I was told all $675 would carry over with the suite guarantee. I only wish my TA would get back with me on total price etc. I want it in writing, even though I thoroughly trust her and have for quite a while!:eek:

I will definitely return to the boards. I am waiting for the total price from my TA...$225 + butler as it stands now.

We cruised the Baltic last summer on the Eclipse and loved it. Had a suite and one of our favorite "perks" was having breakfast in Blu. I think that you also get two free dinners at the specialty restaurants. Did I mention that the butler makes in room dining really special.... :)

Well, my TA went home without finalizing this upgrade. I have no idea why this happened, but was quoted $436.76 to upgrade at this time. I am not happy about this entire situation, as my TA doesn't return until Tuesday! I have read so many times on CC that it is better to just book with Celebrity and not transfer to a TA; however, I would have also lost a lot of OBC. I was happy before this "great deal'" and I am still happy about my 1A cabin on the hump, deck 9!:) My TA, on the other hand, has a lot of explaining to do...most of all why she left without an explanation to me. But, the cruise is on my agenda and I am hopeful I'll make it to Russia!

Edited by Lastdance

It appears that Celebrity is using new math to calculate my upgrade. They are using all my OBC against me and have stalled so much according to my TA and info' on these boards, that the price is now over $1,200. I guess throughout this entire episode I have learned that even if Celebrity is your TA, nothing is done until your credit card goes through! Wow, why advertise if you are NOT going to do it or you are going to pick and choose who gets the best offer. Why should you or I or my TA have to be on hold for over 30 minutes. Also, why should Celebrity then put you on hold again and again! PLEASE HIRE enough people to do the job, without making paying customers have to wait and wait for a response. If you don't want to sell the cabin for your own price, just say so!

Thank goodness I have always enjoyed all my cruises...the office needs to get on board! I hope this is not foreshadowing on my upcoming cruise!!!:eek:

Edited by Lastdance

... Wow, why advertise if you are NOT going to do it or you are going to pick and choose who gets the best offer
It has been our experience that whenever we could get a suite upgrade at a really great price, it meant losing the perks that come from the cruise line, such as Pick Your Perk or 123 go. We could choose to upgrade and lose the perks or stay where we were and keep the perks.

Cruise lines frequently "pick and choose who gets the best offer" and have been doing it that way for years. It is nothing new. They offer discounted prices to this group but not that group, and the different price categories come with different restrictions.

For example, you may be eligible for a great military discount, but taking it means losing the perks so you need to decide which is the better deal for you.

Some of those great prices are only available for a very short time. If you wait a few days, or sometimes even a few hours, the price may be higher, or lower.