Freedom to Puerto Rico?

We did this itinerary on Freedom in January. A great cruise. We hadn't been to San Juan in a while except on Indy. The Indy visit was too short so we wanted to go back. The stop on Freedom was better.

I just called my TA and she went into the RCI system (she said) and it's still showing St. Thomas for my Nov. 30 cruise.

Either way, if St. Thomas then I'll do the St. John excursion. If San Juan, then great because I've never been there before.

More importantly, I'll be on a cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Verizon definitely works in San Juan. My daughter lived there for awhile so I visited frequently the past few years. I love St. Thomas too, but if I had a choice, I would pick San Juan to visit on a cruise. Of course, I have never seen any 'ugly' islands in the Caribbean....you can't lose!

Cruising in October 2014, sailing to St Thomas.

I would call RCI to check on that. Apparently it depends on how you search for the cruise but I can pull up both dates in Oct 2014 showing it is sailing to San Juan.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=&pageType=SR&dest=&state=NA&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&ship=FR&userPreferences=N&sortBy=1&selectedCurrencyCode=CAD&exp=true

In the minority here, but I would be disappointed. I'd much rather go to St Thomas than San Juan! One way to ruin a perfectly good cruise would be if they had to substitute Nassau for one of the ports. That might be a deal breaker there!:D

+ 1

Agree completely on both points!!! Have been to St. Thomas and PR 4 times each and was really disappointed our itinerary changed to PR for our 9/7/14 cruise. And don't even get me started on Nassau. Had an itinerary change to Nassau quite a few years ago. It's like replacing a 5 star restaurant with McDonald's.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

C & A doesn't know anything.....:mad:

My niece is booked on Sept. 7th for her honeymoon. First cruise for both also. Cruise has been booked for a year with St. Thomas as a port. Plans going forward for the excited couple and making plans for St. Thomas. Only to find out last week, when she went into her My Cruises to book her excursion in St. Thomas, that San Juan popped up!

Call to C & A and they act like it was always San Juan and we are crazy...LOL Called TA and he still hasn't gotten any answers from Royal....:rolleyes:

The honeymooner's are OK with the change as they have never been to San Juan but, it's NOT what they booked....And Royal Caribbean should at least notify them of the change!

I called the day it changed, which was sometime in February if I remember correctly. They didn't have a clue then, because l called within minutes of the change supposedly. They did say I should be getting a formal notification which of course never happened.

I called the day it changed, which was sometime in February if I remember correctly. They didn't have a clue then, because l called within minutes of the change supposedly. They did say I should be getting a formal notification which of course never happened.

Formal notification may consist of a sign at the gangway from the ship telling you which island it leads to.;)

I've heard that cell reception for those with Verizon or AT&T (his and hers) is at normal rates in San Juan due to it being a US territory. Can anyone confirm either carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had Verison and the reception was fine. My plan did not have the same rates. It was a little higher--but not too much. I had heard that Puerto Rico were included in my plan. but, when I checked before we left it was not.

I contacted RCI and had my TA do so as well. Every answer we're getting is still St Thomas for 4/19/15. Was checked with 2 phone calls, through multiple websites and through Sabre.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did this itinerary on Freedom in January. A great cruise.

We were on the same cruise. :) Hit both forts, had some tasty vegetarian food at Cafe Berlin at Plaza Colon, did some touristy shopping...great day. Hot, though!

For those being told that it never changed (but who know it's different than from when they booked), here's some backup. :)

I have the printed cruise info "vacation planner" brochure from AAA. They show Freedom's eastern itinerary from the beginning of 2014 through April 19 2015.

They show it as the St Thomas itinerary except for where it has a single asterix.

The asterices, meaning San Juan, are on:

Jan 26, 2014

Mar 9, 2014

Apr 20, 2014

As our cruise got closer, I noticed that it came up differently sometimes when I was repricing it. But it was San Juan.

I don't know if it was changed for bunches of sailings. But I do know what was printed at some point in 2013, so those who booked it one way, and are now being told it was always this way, can be assured that all the other sailings were, indeed, originally printed as going to St Thomas.

1/12/2014

2/9

2/23

3/23

4/6

5/4

5/18

6/1

6/15

6/29

7/13

7/27