Crikey - just booked Princess

davecttr

I have just booked a 14 night next year on Emerald Princess, for me the ideal itinery. Athens, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Malta, Messina, Naples, Rome. It was quite expensive but includes flights etc. What surprised me was the deposit was less than £100, now i know why.

Their loyalty scheme has 4 levels, gold, ruby, platinum and elite. i am already platinum so got 50% off the deposit. Booking a double for solo occupancy also counts as taking 2 cruises!. i also get prioroty check-in, disembarkation lounge, free atlas, 250 mins free internet etc etc :D

Nearly at elite level as well when Canapes etc etc kick in.

The interesting thing is all my Peninsular club status counts on Princess but that Princess cruise will not count for the Peninsular club :confused:

P&O got me to Elite status (just this last cruise) bless em, Princess' loyalty scheme is second to none, free laundry and a mini bar setup on Elite but I have to say the free internet is great.

I've done all those ports with Princess apart from Messina, any questions just ask!

Edited by CCFC

I have just booked a 14 night next year on Emerald Princess, for me the ideal itinery. Athens, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Malta, Messina, Naples, Rome. It was quite expensive but includes flights etc. What surprised me was the deposit was less than £100, now i know why.

Their loyalty scheme has 4 levels, gold, ruby, platinum and elite. i am already platinum so got 50% off the deposit. Booking a double for solo occupancy also counts as taking 2 cruises!. i also get prioroty check-in, disembarkation lounge, free atlas, 250 mins free internet etc etc :D

The interesting thing is all my Peninsular club status counts on Princess but that Princess cruise will not count for the Peninsular club :confused:

Welcome to the world of Princess Cruises, enjoy! :)

Don't worry Dave we've been Platinum for several cruises now and never experienced priority check in, the atlas is a cruise atlas which is a small chronicle of all next years cruises, and again we've never received one, so once we hit Elite I expect not to see the canapes either; the free internet is useful though and generally you can get it doubled if you book in on embarcation day.

Yes old fellow, I am elite with Princess.....naturally. :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've booked a cruise with Princess for September and we found ourselves on Elite despite the fact we have been languishing on P&O Mediterranean FOREVER. At the end of a recent 28 night cruise on Oceana, we were still one night short of Baltic, and on Mediterranean Tier we get one free glass of bubbly at sailaway, the cardboard slippers and the money off in shops. I know some of the benefits have to be requested on Princess but I really feel Princess appreciates our loyalty to the Carnival Brand and we certainly don't feel that P&O does. We're looking forward to the free internet minutes, priority shuttles, embarkation and disembarkation, free mini-bar, 10% off in shops, free laundry and shoe-polishing, canapés on formal nights, complimentary wine-tasting event and upgraded bathroom toiletries.. not forgetting the atlas. We've only cruised once before on Princess but that is likely to change :D

Edited by tartanexile81

Don't worry Dave we've been Platinum for several cruises now and never experienced priority check in, the atlas is a cruise atlas which is a small chronicle of all next years cruises, and again we've never received one, so once we hit Elite I expect not to see the canapes either; the free internet is useful though and generally you can get it doubled if you book in on embarcation day.

I've always received the priority check-in and the canapés, you have to ask for the cruise atlas, its not automatically sent out.

I've always received the priority check-in and the canapés, you have to ask for the cruise atlas, its not automatically sent out.

I've always received the priority check in....I also receive $25 OBC on every cruise for being a valued passenger. In addition I find the free laundry very useful. Have never travelled home with a suitcase if dirty clothing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums