Redeeming RCCL Visa Reward Points

sochie

Am I the only one that is frustrated with RCCL Policy when it comes to redeeming Reward Points?

The Policy I am referring to is that even if you redeem the points thru the WebSite they will not apply the points to your booking until it is closer to your cruise.

I applied $300 to my remaining balance over 4 weeks ago and it is still not showing up on my Booking Confirmation. I know I do not sale until November but I would like to see a $0 balance way before final payment is due in August.

I don't understand why they do not use a First In, First Out System but they use a system of applying by Sailing date.

Are they that busy, or do not have enough associates, that after 4 weeks these points still have not been applied.

What does everyone else think of this Policy??

Thanks

Nancy

The last time we redeemed points they were credited within 24 hours. But then we did it on the phone with redemptions. It may be worth a call to the redemption number to check o them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't feel bad, I applied $1250 in points 2 months ago to pay off my balance. When it had not shown up in a couple of weeks, I called and got the same answer you did--it would not be applied until final payment is due. I don't understand it either, they definitely know I am using the points. I too would love to see the $0 balance!!

Janet524....

The big deal is even when you talk to them on the phone they tell you "we will try to have the points applied by final payment" key word is try, and "oh if we don't have them applied you can pay the balance with your visa and then we will refund it when the points are applied" how is that right?

I do not believe this is good customer service. I am being pro-active and taking care of things ahead of time, they do nothing for me.... But for the people that procrastinate and do things at the last minute, right before leaving on their cruise, they get taken care first?

Does anyone know who we can complain to and get this changed so that they are processed first in, first out? I don' understand with this day and age of computers why this can't be processed as soon as you place the order on the website.... My take on how they do this is, they do it manually, but then again we all know how up to date RCCL's computer systems are...

Doris's...

I have my emailed confirmation, but that doesn't help with getting it applied to your cruise balance, although I could see how it would help for onboard credit

Thanks for the feedback

• 3 weeks later...

I would like my rewards to go toward the drink package. Is that possibly? How do I start that process? I've gone to the myrewards website and I see where I can redeem them for onboard credit, but don't know how to specify that I want it to go toward the drink package? because when I go to purchase the drink package it asks me for a credit card. Thanks!

I would like my rewards to go toward the drink package. Is that possibly? How do I start that process? I've gone to the myrewards website and I see where I can redeem them for onboard credit, but don't know how to specify that I want it to go toward the drink package? because when I go to purchase the drink package it asks me for a credit card. Thanks!

The only way to have your credit go towards your drink package is to wait until you are onboard to purchase the drink package.

You would just have to purchase the drink package once on board with your OBC - I don't think the drink packages are one of the things you can purchase with points.

Janet524....

The big deal is even when you talk to them on the phone they tell you "we will try to have the points applied by final payment" key word is try, and "oh if we don't have them applied you can pay the balance with your visa and then we will refund it when the points are applied" how is that right?

I do not believe this is good customer service. I am being pro-active and taking care of things ahead of time, they do nothing for me.... But for the people that procrastinate and do things at the last minute, right before leaving on their cruise, they get taken care first?

Does anyone know who we can complain to and get this changed so that they are processed first in, first out? I don' understand with this day and age of computers why this can't be processed as soon as you place the order on the website.... My take on how they do this is, they do it manually, but then again we all know how up to date RCCL's computer systems are...

Doris's...

I have my emailed confirmation, but that doesn't help with getting it applied to your cruise balance, although I could see how it would help for onboard credit

Thanks for the feedback

I would guess that they do it this way because of cancellations - if they apply it to your cruise before the final payment date - what happens if you need to cancel? It is probably a big mess trying to get the points back into your account - if it is even possible.

From the point of view of someone who saved up points to the last possible moment to get us a free OV stateroom...I would have been annoyed if they were so busy processing points of people who were not sailing for months and months that they could not deal with mine.

There are many rules to using the points - they expire after 5 years, we don't cruise every year - sometimes we have to save up for several years, we like to save up the points so that we can get more than 1% value from them - it isn't procrastinating - it is using the system so that it works best for us.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

• 2 weeks later...
I recently (a couple of weeks ago) redeemed my points for onboard credit.

How does this work? Will they automatically apply it to my account or send me something in writing?

When you get close to your sailing ask for a copy of your booking invoice from whomever you booked with. They will be on there halfway down the page.

I recently (a couple of weeks ago) redeemed my points for onboard credit.

How does this work? Will they automatically apply it to my account or send me something in writing?

You should have received a confirmation email. If not, call Royal Rewards at 888-305-4626.

Edited by clarea

I would guess that they do it this way because of cancellations - if they apply it to your cruise before the final payment date - what happens if you need to cancel? It is probably a big mess trying to get the points back into your account - if it is even possible.

That is why they do it in order of sail date, or that is what I have been told by them.

Can you still redeem points for money off after final payment, and have the amount refunded back to your credit card, or must you redeem points before final payment.

I've redeemed after final payment and gotten a credit to the CC. However, that was before March 2014 when the terms changed.

I've redeemed after final payment and gotten a credit to the CC. However, that was before March 2014 when the terms changed.

Just redeemed mine, I had to pay in full because I booked 3 weeks out, and I got an $800. Credit on my card within 7 -8 days.

I have no complaints about the program. The closer to the cruise you redeem the more points you might accrue anyhow.

Just redeemed mine, I had to pay in full because I booked 3 weeks out, and I got an $800. Credit on my card within 7 -8 days.

I have no complaints about the program. The closer to the cruise you redeem the more points you might accrue anyhow.

Thanks, nice to know that we can still redeem after final.:)

Go ahead and redeem for OBC.

Then, once onboard you can sign up for the beverage package of your choice.