Attention carnival miracle alaska and hawaii 2014 cruisers

PhxRain

They're in incentives to stay are not that great. I would look what's best for "me". People are posting they are finding great deals on competitive lines on a fully operational ship with the itinerary they originally booked, or better.

But ultimately, they are offering full refunds. If I couldn't find something comparative and book at a later date/year.

And as I just read, HAL (Carnival Corp) tried to do the same thing last year and the ship ended up breaking down.

I might and have risked the "adventure" in the Caribbean, but not on a specialized itinerary to that part of the world.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Why so much carnival bashing? It is such a easy question. If you are uncomfortably with the situation, then by all means cancel. Especially if you are on the

May 20th sailing. I would prefer not to hear a bunch of people whining that they should have cancelled. Otherwise go on the cruise, have fun, and don't give it another thought. At least that is my plan.

It is easy to say, lets cancel, book on another line, but if you had to arrange work schedules, pet sitters, etc and it is all done, then you all are saying oh we changed and switched to a different ship, none of them leave the same day, and there are price differences. No one has said what kind of Cabin they had, or switched to when they said they got their change of cruise cheaper. I am not downgrading my accomodations because I am missing 5 hours in Ketchikan. It is all easier than it sounds.

I am going to take my cruise. I plan on having a wonderful time. If something happens, so be it, I know Carnival will do right by whatever happens. I have had many people take different lines in Alaska, they will all tell you the same thing, they had a wonderful time. I have heard their are definate age differences on ships (especially in Alaska) as well. We are a young couple attending with a child, enuf said. I hope everyone whether taking the Miracle, or taking another ship has a wonderful time.

:):):):):):)

Edited by Ponygal

Why so much carnival bashing? It is such a easy question. If you are uncomfortably with the situation, then by all means cancel. Especially if you are on the

May 20th sailing. I would prefer not to hear a bunch of people whining that they should have cancelled. Otherwise go on the cruise, have fun, and don't give it another thought. At least that is my plan.

Well said!

Everyone has their own opinions and I hope, hope people write reviews of their Cruises!!!

They're in incentives to stay are not that great. I would look what's best for "me". People are posting they are finding great deals on competitive lines on a fully operational ship with the itinerary they originally booked, or better.

But ultimately, they are offering full refunds. If I couldn't find something comparative and book at a later date/year.

And as I just read, HAL (Carnival Corp) tried to do the same thing last year and the ship ended up breaking down.

I might and have risked the "adventure" in the Caribbean, but not on a specialized itinerary to that part of the world.

Good luck in whatever you do.

It was a Celebrity Ship that broke down last Summer.

I agree with the OP's that Carnival would be the last Cruise Line I would pick for Alaska. Princess and HAL know how to do AK and have many great Itineraries and Ships to choose from.

It was a Celebrity Ship that broke down last Summer.

I agree with the OP's that Carnival would be the last Cruise Line I would pick for Alaska. Princess and HAL know how to do AK and have many great Itineraries and Ships to choose from.

I researched all lines that specifically go out of Seattle. They all pretty much have the same itineraries and stops with a change here or there. You can't make all the stops on a 7 day out of Seattle. Like someone else said, it also depends on peoples finances and situations. Yes, Carnival is probably the least expensive of all the Cruises, but it allows people to take a trip of a lifetime they maybe normally could not.

I am no expert by anymeans, but when people say Princess and Holland know how to do Alaska, what exactly do you mean? My sister took a 15 day Rail/Sea on Princess. But that is a completly different itinerary that Carnival does not run. I can see how you can say Princess knows how to do Alaska on that route. I mean, they have their own Lodges, of course they know how to do Alaska, on that itinerary!! But what would make them different on this same itinerary out of Seattle?

Lose all their business? People will be upset whether they cancel for dry dock or keep going at a slower speed.

After the Triumph mishap, I doubt Carnival would take a chance and keep that ship in the water unless they were comfortable with it. They are well aware of financial loss if your ship was doomed to break down.

When we were on the Legend in 2013, I saw where they were lifting generators on the ship. I found on google that Carnival was adding generators and apparatus to ensure hotel services will be available and to avoid a CCL Triumph failure.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/17/news/companies/carnival-ship-upgrade/index.html

Oh, please. Don't try beating that dead horse again. Are you still going to use the documentation from over a year before the Triumph fire? Didn't I see a post here that disappeared, about the feces running down the walls? Really? Is anyone still buying that fairy tale? I am no Carnival supporter, but I don't find anything wrong with Carnival's maintenance, if you cared to look at the rebuttal documentation that they provided to the public.

And yes, the failed USCG inspection was an embarrassment. It happened, and was fixed within the day, so what's the big deal? Do you even know what was at fault?

Nothing to see here, Pine Bluff, move along.

When the Triumph returned to port I expected to see several or dozens of youtube vids of sewage in passageways, running down the walls, etc. All I found was a 40sec clip and 10 secs showed the bathroom with sewage in it. But it was obvious that it came from the toilet, so someone accidentally or intentionally(I doubt) flushed toilet resulting in problem.

Post vids if you find others, but I could not.

Full Disclosure - I am a Carnival addict, but open minded to change my views.

See ya on the 20th.

My TA told me the $50 OBC is only for the 1st and 2nd passenger. We have 4 in the cabin. I don't think this is right. Hopefully they will get the port charges back.

Letter from Carnival clearly states $50 Per Person:p

Oh, please. Don't try beating that dead horse again. Are you still going to use the documentation from over a year before the Triumph fire? Didn't I see a post here that disappeared, about the feces running down the walls? Really? Is anyone still buying that fairy tale? I am no Carnival supporter, but I don't find anything wrong with Carnival's maintenance, if you cared to look at the rebuttal documentation that they provided to the public.

And yes, the failed USCG inspection was an embarrassment. It happened, and was fixed within the day, so what's the big deal? Do you even know what was at fault?

Nothing to see here, Pine Bluff, move along.

I didn't bring up the Triumph. The PP did, as if the comparison meant something.

You can't make all the stops on a 7 day out of Seattle.
One of my work colleagues took a two-week land-based vacation to Alaska a couple of years ago and he will be the first to tell you he and his wife barely scratched the surface of what was available to see and do.

Is it 25% of the cost of the Alaska cruise as a future discount or just 25% off the rate of a future 7 day sailing? 7 Day Alaska is generally more expensive than a 7 day Caribbean; so that is why I ask. If they give you back 25% of the cost of the Alaska cruise it could be a good deal.

Is it 25% of the cost of the Alaska cruise as a future discount or just 25% off the rate of a future 7 day sailing? 7 Day Alaska is generally more expensive than a 7 day Caribbean; so that is why I ask. If they give you back 25% of the cost of the Alaska cruise it could be a good deal.

Future Cruise; if you cruise alot, it is worth it.

Future Cruise; if you cruise alot, it is worth it.

'So if you paid $800 for an Alaska cruise and get 25% off a future cruise, but your future Caribbean cruise is $399, you get 25% off the 399, not 25% off the 800.

Better than nothing, and no they don't have to do it, but it's not as good a deal as it FIRST sounds.

'So if you paid $800 for an Alaska cruise and get 25% off a future cruise, but your future Caribbean cruise is $399, you get 25% off the 399, not 25% off the 800.

Better than nothing, and no they don't have to do it, but it's not as good a deal as it FIRST sounds.

We are booked on the Miracle for 8/5 and I would never use the discount on a cruise that had a price of $399.

In the past I used mine for a great southern itinerary with an aft wrap and was very happy with the discount.

Edited by belkin

We are booked on the Miracle for 8/5 and I would never use the discount on a cruise that had a price of $399.

In the past I used mine for a great southern itinerary with an aft wrap and was very happy with the discount.

Great point; I see no reason you could not use it as a 25% discount of any non-blackout cruise for whatever level cabin you want. Could be better in that case. I had not really considered that.

So my question is this.....if they are dropping a 6 hour stop in Ketchikan then how are they adding 7 hours total time in Juneau and Victoria? They must be altering something else. One carnival agent said they are no longer going thru inside passage. Is this a deal breaker? Cannot decide if I should cancel! Have been planning this for years and don't want to be disappointed....

Edited by olsonclan
reword

So my question is this.....if they are dropping a 6 hour stop in Ketchikan then how are they adding 7 hours total time in Juneau and Victoria? They must be altering something else. One carnival agent said they are no longer going thru inside passage. Is this a deal breaker? Cannot decide if you cancel! Have been planning this for years and don't want to be disappointed....

The keys here are the distances between ports. I do not know what exact stops you are scheduled to make, but if the ship is sailing slower than normal, the distance it can cover is reduced - obviously! So, the way to solve the problem is to reduce the amount of sailing time between ports to what can be covered, coupled with a change in the number of hours in the ports that will be stopped at. Simple math!

We just spoke to a Carnival rep. He said you will only get the 25% fcc IF you actually go on the cruise. We couldn't apply it to our Nov cruise as we don't sale till Aug 26th. We are to call when we get back to arrange for it to be used in Nov.

So you have an inside seat at the corporate office? They may very well not be able to get a drydock berth before the Alaska season is over, and are looking at possible slots in the fall/winter and will then reset the itinerary. I suppose that if they took the ship through the Panama Canal to get to an available drydock in a few weeks, you would be moaning that they are taking a "less than performing" ship for a long cruise? Why don't they just park it somewhere, with no revenue until a drydock opens up, or the parts become available, or whatever the problem is? This is a ship, and many, many items are things that the manufacturers don't stock on their shelves.

Again, move along.

I am sure that they would want that ray of Sunshine in Miami! Always bringing the most optimistic and best for the customer view to any issue. You, on the other hand do bring that, thanks again for your insight on issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This will answer many questions

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/News%20and%20%20Updates/CarnivalMiracleItineraryChanges.ashx