Freedom of the Seas - $FINAL BETS$ - Part II

What do you think is the BIG TOP SECRET?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the BIG TOP SECRET?

• Bowling Alley
    • New Alternate Dining Restaurant (Seafood,French, etc)
    • New comfy bedding
    • Premium/Enhanced Entertainment/shows (a la Cirque de...)
    • Theme parties/events (Toga, Mystery)
    • Movies under the stars (the Princess equivalent)
    • Enhanced Promenade - More shops, bars, etc.
    • New,out this world menu! Perhaps a Celebrity Chef?
    • Enhanced Spa & Salon offerings
    • Other - (Name your own)

I think the bowling alley is out. I read they couldn't engineer it. Pool tables is one thing, but bowling pins and balls at sea were just too much to achieve.

It´s the same company that built the pool tables that also build bowling alley´s for ships.

http://www.stable.no/bowling.html

STable Bowling - The next spectacular activity onboard tomorrows cruise ships!

bowling01.jpgSTable Bowling is a stabilized platform enabling passengers to enjoy a game of bowling at sea.

The lanes must be oriented along the ship and only the roll movements are stabilized. The pitch movements are very small and will for all practical reasons not affect the game. The platform is about 25m long and about 3m wide. Each platform carries two lanes including pin mechanisms, ball return and the approach.

Why?

To create something very unique providing cruise passengers an exceptional experience.

Proven Technology

The technology applied is based on the generic Marine Stabilized Platform. It has proven its value through one of the most demanding applications in terms of responsiveness and accuracy: STable-billiard. Billiard tables have been installed on cruise ships and thousands of cruise passengers have had the pleasure to enjoy a steady game of pool.

Download introduction [pdf]

Other products are STable Wine Cellar, STable Operation Theatre, STable bed and STable Hot Tub.

You can bet your boopy,the majority of the new additions will be something they can charge extra for.

I am not so sure. RCCL had the opportunity to charge for many activities onboard their ships i.e. the rock climbing wall, the ice skating rink, the inline skating track, miniature golf, etc. The thing is though, they didn't. How many times have people come on these boards asking how much RCCL charges for these items? RCCL had the opportunity but they didn't take it. I am not saying they should have either.

You are right when saying "the new additions will be something they can charge extra for", but will they, I don't think so.

I am not so sure. RCCL had the opportunity to charge for many activities onboard their ships i.e. the rock climbing wall, the ice skating rink, the inline skating track, miniature golf, etc. The thing is though, they didn't. How many times have people come on these boards asking how much RCCL charges for these items? RCCL had the opportunity but they didn't take it. I am not saying they should have either.

You are right when saying "the new additions will be something they can charge extra for", but will they, I don't think so.

I may be wrong, but originally they did charge for all of those things.

Archived