Which Muster?

hunnibunni123

Thanks for the replies, however, i wondered if i could find out before boarding the cruise...I understand that there are emergency procedures on back of door etc

Any other advice greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I only wondered as last year on our first cruise we were in the glass house. When then trying to get to the sailaway we had to queue for the lifts and many people were rude pushing in etc. we have to use lift as mum is wheelchair bound. With it being our first cruise we would have liked to see leaving southampton but no such luck, we were moving before we got to sailaway. I just wondered if we would have better chance of being there this time. Sorry if it all sounds bizarre...thats just me haha

• 9 years later...

Your muster station is shown on your boarding card, which you can print offf as part of the check-in process.  We were in R332 and R336, with the muster station C being designated for those cabins.

On 3/28/2024 at 3:54 PM, Hilz1259 said:

Your muster station is shown on your boarding card, which you can print offf as part of the check-in process.  We were in R332 and R336, with the muster station C being designated for those cabins.

😂😂😂😂 Bit late with the advice... 

Just a note of warning about mustering.  On our last cruises (two 14 day back to back) we naturally had two musterings.  Both were very badly organised.  They announced the first as running from, say, 3pm in the theatre.  We went there and waited.  Nothing.  Eventually a few more passengers came, but no staff. Twenty minutes later we found a member of staff - not an officer - who told us there was no need to do any more.   So we left and next day got a letter saying we had to go and have a special muster at 9am in the theatre because we had not attended.  That affected our planned activities for the day, but could not be helped.

On the second half of the back to back, we also went to muster and again there was no-one there.   This time we checked a few times around half an hour apart and eventually there actually was someone there scanning our cruise cards.

This is a bit of an aberration.  We have never had that before, and hope it won't be repeated on our next cruise.  

On 4/19/2014 at 4:26 PM, hunnibunni123 said:

I only wondered as last year on our first cruise we were in the glass house. When then trying to get to the sailaway we had to queue for the lifts and many people were rude pushing in etc. we have to use lift as mum is wheelchair bound. With it being our first cruise we would have liked to see leaving southampton but no such luck, we were moving before we got to sailaway. I just wondered if we would have better chance of being there this time. Sorry if it all sounds bizarre...thats just me haha

I don't know if this helps, but when we boarded Azura in Tenerife in January this year, we could visit the muster station as soon as we boarded. You just bleep your cabin card to prove that you have been there; then you can watch all the muster information on your cabin TV. It's a much better system than the bunfight for lifts/sailaway, etc, as there is a steady flow of passengers instead of a stampede.