Nieuw Amsterdam: Which Med ports have shuttle/bus service provided by HAL?

SeaWatch

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the NA provides shuttle or bus service at any of these ports (from port to the main part of town and return)?

I have ample OBC this time and am hoping to use it for these tickets.

As always, thanks

BARCELONA

MARSEILLE

MONACO

CORFU

DUBROVNIK

VENICE

Barcelona has a shuttle that is provided by the port, and takes you out of the port. It is free.

No need for a shuttle in Monaco.

Don't remember a shuttle in Corfu.

Dubrovnik has a shuttle to the downtown...a couple of euros IIRC.

All of these shuttles are operated by the Port/City, not HAL.

No real need for a shuttle in Venice either - take the People Mover to/from Piazzale Roma, where you connect with the vaporetto for other points. Where did the Celebrity shuttle drop you, P'le Roma? Or was it a water shuttle?

Edited by jtl513

JT, how far is Piazzale Roma from the ship?
Walking all the way around? I don't really know, as we used the People Mover. On this map P.Roma is just off the right end of the P.M. line that goes to/from Tronchetto Island. (See pic in next post.) The P.M. is just 1 Euro pp each way, and well worth the price to me!

http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

How far it is from your ship to the P.M. depends on which pier you're at! :)

Edited by jtl513

I think I get it :) I thought you had to walk to Piazzale Roma to get the PM, but it looks like you take the PM near the port to the PR, there catching the valporetto, right?
Right. The Marittima Terminal stop is the mid-point of the PM ... where the track splits to let the two trains pass.

Great info! Do we buy tickets on board the PM?
There's a vending machine at each stop. IIRC, no attendant. I don't remember if it takes just Euro coins or bills as well ... pretty sure it doesn't take plastic though! :) Edited by jtl513

Dubrovnik had a shuttle organized by Hal to the old city and it was $14 PP return

Corfu had none but right outside the pier was a long line of taxis and CUV's for rent. We walked into town a leisurely 15 minutes.

To add Waterford Ireland had a private company have motor coaches take you into Waterford it was $10 Euro PP return.

Dublin Ireland had double decker shuttle buses take you downtown N/C provided by HAL

Venice had a water taxi running back and forth on our overnight N/C by Hal to St.Marks square

Dubrovnik had a shuttle organized by Hal to the old city and it was $14 PP return

Corfu had none but right outside the pier was a long line of taxis and CUV's for rent. We walked into town a leisurely 15 minutes.

To add Waterford Ireland had a private company have motor coaches take you into Waterford it was $10 Euro PP return.

Dublin Ireland had double decker shuttle buses take you downtown N/C provided by HAL

Venice had a water taxi running back and forth on our overnight N/C by Hal to St.Marks square

How much was the water taxi?

• 1 year later...

Hi we've been to Marseille with HAL twice and they had a shuttle bus to take you from the where the ship docks to the town, Sorry I can't remember the price.

In Corfu there is a free shuttle bus that takes you from your ship to the terminal building but it's only a short walk anyway. When you come out of the terminal building there are loads of taxis and also a public bus service that takes you to the centre of town for a couple of Euros return. It's not far and you can walk to town as other posters have said but it can be very hot.

Last year HAL's shuttle in Marseille was $12 each RT. Here's a link discussing other methods of transportation there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221515

I know this thread is older, but for those who've never been & are researching, you most likely will tender in Monaco, so allow for that in scheduling your plans (there is a dock, but space is limited).

Also, the first time I was in Barcelona, HAL provided a free shuttle (very disorganized.....one evening the wait was extremely long, as only 1 bus at a time was being sent for hundreds of passengers). The next 2 times, HAL did not (the first time we were docked in a different place in the port, further away from the terminal). The local bus service was our transportation the last 2 times, so you couldn't use OBC to pay. Tip: they have a day ticket (I believe it was 3 euros), which saves a little over buying 2 single tickets.

In Dubrovnik, I have always used the local bus.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by syesmar

HAL provided a vaporetto type shuttle from Marittima to Piazza San Marco, but it was pricey. If you have OBC to burn, it might be an option. However, it left from a location quite a distance from where HAL docks. Just as close to walk to the People Mover. EM