Century cabin questions

spookwife

leaving in 5 days for our first celebrity cruise. Sky suite on Century,

1: is there an ipod docking station? Royal's suites have 'em and it would be nice to have one less cord to keep track of....

2: the butler.. are their tips included in the daily charge or not?

3: I assume the usual amenities? specifically: lotion.

any secrets we should know? with reciprocity we are Select.

Thanks in advance

leaving in 5 days for our first celebrity cruise. Sky suite on Century,

1: is there an ipod docking station? Royal's suites have 'em and it would be nice to have one less cord to keep track of....

Yes, however, it is not a Lightening hook up, so if your iPod/iPad is a newer model, it will not work.

2: the butler.. are their tips included in the daily charge or not?

Yes, but tip extra if you use them a lot.

3: I assume the usual amenities? specifically: lotion.

Yes, all the amenities. Small lotion bottles, however.

any secrets we should know? with reciprocity we are Select.

Not that I know of.

Thanks in advance

Have fun!

We were just in a Sky Suite on Century in February and loved it. I do not remember an Ipod dock (but do not own an Ipod). There was a dvd player so may have had the dock as well, but just don't remember...

The butler tip is included in the standard tip charge, but we left him extra as he was great - you will love the extra service.

The bath amenities are upgraded and my wife felt the quality was very good - included lotion...

Our stateroom attendant was a woman named Luna - she was the best we have experienced in almost 20 cruises, hands down - I think we were in 1061 if memory serves...

Do enjoy the afternoon tea that your butler (ours was a gentleman named Savio) brings by the room - my wife particularly enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries...

Enjoy your cruise!!

awesome, thanks. I don't mind small bottles of lotion. One normally lasts me the week anyway but I can always get a second

we do have old school( iPhone 4s) so that's not a concern.but if we can get away without bringing his charger great.. my phone has an external battery with a 'speshul' cord and we share a kindle cord anyway.

I do plan on utilizing the butler.. afternoon tea on the balcony sounds divine....I just wanted to adjust my cash flow. he would have gotten more if he was not in the daily amount.

I just sailed on the century and the butler in $3.50 Pp per day in the $15.50. You can remove the auto tip if you don't use the butler and then tip the difference if you don't want the butler. I found the butler a waste of money since we don't eat meals or snacks in between meals in the cabin and don't care for someone else to unpack or pack our things putting them in places we can't find. It's certainly your choice but you do have options and I'm merely pointing them out.

That doesn't sound familiar.

Sorry all! I forgot to add the password...skysuite. :D

is that a scale in the bathroom?! :eek:

I don't wanna know how much I am eating dangit! heheheheh

now I am even more excited! yay!!!!

We absolutely LOVED having our morning espresso/latte/capuccino delivered. Along with DH's smoked salmon, it is the way that we define being on a cruise. I personally do not enjoy leaving my stateroom until I am "ready" and having the various coffee products delivered by a butler who would just set them down and scamper out is/was priceless.

The other very nice utilization of our butler arrived when we wanted specialtly restaurant reservations: we just informed, and a little card would arrive with the info all set.

I had a minor sinus issue on the Equinox last year in the Caribbean, and our butler brought along a selection of "cold pills" from the med center. BTW: when I decided which of the pills were suitable, I went to the med center and purchased them for $2 (10). Better than going to the on-board store.