New ship in 2016 - Koningsdam

ETinCA

They already have FOUR on board. The customary Piano Bar player, one for each of the two Hal Cats bands, and the Adagio player. All they have to do is recycle ;)

Sorry I forgot about some of those piano players. I don't know if the Adagio piano player would really do dueling piano's but who knows. Also didn't know there were two Hal Cats bands on board, that's new to me.

Just noticed that on deck 4 between the Neptune aft wraps are 5 vista suites. On the other deck these are all veranda rooms and 5 also. Kinda strange as the distance between the aft wraps is the same on all the decks, how does HAL justify deck 4 being vista suites? Surely not just for double mariner points.

Just noticed that on deck 4 between the Neptune aft wraps are 5 vista suites. On the other deck these are all veranda rooms and 5 also. Kinda strange as the distance between the aft wraps is the same on all the decks, how does HAL justify deck 4 being vista suites? Surely not just for double mariner points.

I see 6 cabins between the corner suites and the ones on deck 5 look like they are bigger (deeper) than the ones on deck 5.

I can't answer your question but read your list of upcoming cruises and you have some great cruising planned. :) Congrats on some outstanding bookings.

I see 6 cabins between the corner suites and the ones on deck 5 look like they are bigger (deeper) than the ones on deck 5.

Your right on the count of 6! They still look the same size though.

Thanks Sail..looking forward to every cruise DW and I are able to take.

And the ones on deck 7 designated as Vista Suites also appear to be longer inside ... although I don't understand how they could be longer than the ones on deck 6. :confused:

And the ones on deck 7 designated as Vista Suites also appear to be longer inside ... although I don't understand how they could be longer than the ones on deck 6. :confused:

They will be more expensive which will make them better. I remember when the Vista Suites on the S and R class were veranda then deluxe veranda staterooms.

Remember you will get personalized stationary and one touch concierge. Oh, and a no host mini bar and "luxurious" bathrobes. I've always wondered what makes them luxurious- they have always looked the same as MANY I've seen im the Lido at lunch :D

I saw a balcony on one of the corner Neptune Suites on Nw AMSTERDAM. . Nice suite. I wish the layout was different.... the bed is against the outside 'wall'. If the bed was 'inboard' and that whole wall was windows you would have a view from right aster through right out to the side. Then it would be perfect. Mind... just so nice to having a few steps into Neptune Loung for some 'goodies'... sorry, I mean to check in my account with the Concierge. ;)

Koningsdam.... I see that the corner Suites on Decks 7 and 8 are under the overhang of the Lido Deck above. Might not get much sun from there.

They will be more expensive which will make them better. I remember when the Vista Suites on the S and R class were veranda then deluxe veranda staterooms.

Remember you will get personalized stationary and one touch concierge. Oh, and a no host mini bar and "luxurious" bathrobes. I've always wondered what makes them luxurious- they have always looked the same as MANY I've seen im the Lido at lunch :D

They can charge more for aft rooms; we'll buy them every. single. time.

The double Mariner bonus is the biggest benefit for us since we can't cruise but at most twice a year.

I saw a balcony on one of the corner Neptune Suites on Nw AMSTERDAM. . Nice suite. I wish the layout was different.... the bed is against the outside 'wall'. If the bed was 'inboard' and that whole wall was windows you would have a view from right aster through right out to the side. Then it would be perfect. Mind... just so nice to having a few steps into Neptune Loung for some 'goodies'... sorry, I mean to check in my account with the Concierge. ;)

Koningsdam.... I see that the corner Suites on Decks 7 and 8 are under the overhang of the Lido Deck above. Might not get much sun from there.

Thanks for pointing out the lack of sun on these balconies. Seriously considering booking and plenty of shade is a positive attribute.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thanks for pointing out the lack of sun on these balconies. Seriously considering booking and plenty of shade is a positive attribute.

I agree....can be a positive. Say in Alaska where you are not thinking about sunbathing but two sides and an overhang gives plenty of 'shelter'.

A lot can change between now and a completed ship. We are seeing artist renderings and layouts. Some companies purposely publish incomplete or even incorrect information to keep competitors guessing. Unless I've seen the actual blueprints I will assume that much is up for change. Staterooms could be re-categorized, public areas could be very different.

The one thing I am sure of is that HAL is watching the boards and noting feedback for discussions in the design and build meetings.

Heavens! That was quick!

This morning I wished that those corner suites would have a window looking to the side and well.... just looked on the plans for KONINGSDAM... it does indeed show a window on the sides of the SB Neptune Suites.

Of course things are possible to changes, but it clearly shows the Lido deck after end overhangs all of the cabins/suites all of the stern. Sun might miss on Deck 8 but any on lower deck would catch the sun.... unless the sun is in the wrong direction or is at night!

Heavens! That was quick!

This morning I wished that those corner suites would have a window looking to the side and well.... just looked on the plans for KONINGSDAM... it does indeed show a window on the sides of the SB Neptune Suites.

Of course things are possible to changes, but it clearly shows the Lido deck after end overhangs all of the cabins/suites all of the stern. Sun might miss on Deck 8 but any on lower deck would catch the sun.... unless the sun is in the wrong direction or is at night!

Stephen,,,,,,, :D YOUR wish is their command!!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Anyone have any special requests they would like Captain Card to sponsor for

them? :)

Well done!

Yet another sticky above about the ship. Wonder if we can get the mods to merge the stickies into this thread.:rolleyes: Seems there is more news released today.

There is absolutely nothing new in the story the new sticky links to, at all.

Heavens! That was quick!

I would love if they have more windows in the aft corners, but keep in mind other deck plans in the past have also displayed the same way but then turned out to not have the windows in the side but only aft facing.

Fingers crossed, but I wouldn't assume it's a sure thing

Itinerary for the ship is not finalized but "at some point" she should come to the US. - Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corp.

Was this said somewhere? I reviewed Carnival Corp's releases today and don't see where he mentioned the new HAL ship at all. More mention of cross-promoting the brands

Was this said somewhere? I reviewed Carnival Corp's releases today and don't see where he mentioned the new HAL ship at all. More mention of cross-promoting the brands

I asked him the question during a teleconference announcing the new marketing initiative.

Actually got a laugh out of him, too! :)

you know not everything is in Carnival Corp's releases - we are very lucky to have someone like Oceanwench share the information with us.

I asked him the question during a teleconference announcing the new marketing initiative.

Actually got a laugh out of him, too! :)

good for you:) and thanks so much for taking the time to share with us:)

Ha!

Thanks Jacqui! Again!

Most of the questions were in conjunction with the new marketing initiative, but we were allowed to ask whatever we wanted.

I wasn't going to pepper him with HAL-specific questions, so I said I had one simple question - and asked about Koningsdam.

We do want that ship to come to Florida! :)

Ha!

Thanks Jacqui! Again!

Most of the questions were in conjunction with the new marketing initiative, but we were allowed to ask whatever we wanted.

I wasn't going to pepper him with HAL-specific questions, so I said I had one simple question - and asked about Koningsdam.

We do want that ship to come to Florida! :)

Thanks, I was unaware I guess that you are on the media side with regard to the travel industry? Or are you a shareholder and they opened it up to shareholders? I know there was a press event planned.

Apologies for my ignorance or if you had mentioned something in another thread and I apparently missed it