LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Thanks for a great review Chris:) We are sailing the Allure in February,and I'm extra excited because I called today and got 1/2 off on the second passenger for 2 rooms!! Woo hoo!

While I have stopped to have a sandwich on the way home let me give a huge kudos to the restaurant staff on Allure...

Erika, who goes by efields2 on the boards here, had her parents with her and her mom had made a request in advance for a gluten free diet.

The very first night in the MDR, a very nice manager came over with a special menu for her and the staff made sure to alert her to any possible problems when she ordered.

Not only that they had called ahead to Chops because we dined there the next night and they made sure to alert them to Erika's mom's needs. She was well taken care of when it came to her dining needs.

So any dietary or allergy issues you may have will be well taken care of by the restaurant staff aboard Allure

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Chris: So happy you are home safe!! I can't say it enough, but what a great LIVE review!!! Thank you so very much for all your time and effort for taking us along for the ride.

Just wanted to share a similar "rave" on the staff except on Lady "O." My sister is deaf and we took her on Lady "O" last May. I did contact RCCL and the staff went out of their way to make everything convenient for her. They set up the necessary equipment for her room door, phone, and alarm. Of course, they also provided interpreters for anything we wanted (i.e. the shows, excursions) in order that we could enjoy all too. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to help make her cruise enjoyable! Their attention to detail really stood out. Something I really like about RCCL

We also had Ken Rush and really enjoyed him.

Anxiously awaiting your announcement. What a tease......:D

Hi Wendy ! Chris needs a vacation after all the work he did for his "live from" posts. I see that your Vision cruise that stops in Bermuda is not that far away. I have your email that you gave me, so I hope you don't mind if I ask you questions about it when you return. I am interested in Bermuda and would probably would leave from N.J. I worry about rough seas going to Bermuda. Bermuda itself looks lovely. It is funny you mention bagel and lox. That is what I eat for breakfast everyday on a cruise.

Thanks again Wendy !

Sali

Sali. You can get a nice window and view into Bermuda by watching the webcam

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

We sailed to Bermuda out of NJ in August and had very calm seas. Lots good info can be found on the Ports of Call board section of Cruise Critic

Last season for Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda this year. spring 2015 you will have

Liberty of the Seas ad an option

Okay Chris welcome back home...is it time yet for your 'reveal'. :)

Edited by emmy

Thanks Chris for a great review! Can't wait to hear more and really enjoyed your pics, camera or phone:)

Glad to hear the food was good. We were on Oasis in '10 and FOS in '13 and we thought FOS dining did not live up to Lady O! Hoping Lady A will be just as good!

Okay friends I am home and before it gets late, I know you all are waiting for the special announcement I have about my upcoming Quantum cruise to the southern Caribbean on April 12th of next year so here it goes...

First off, I, just like so many of you am disappointed with the decision Royal made to send Quantum to China at the end of April 2015. I don't really have a problem with a business decision, but I have a problem with how it was handled and put out there. But that has already been discussed on these boards and it is what it is... it's not going to change. In my opinion my sailing on Quantum will be even more important now as I will be one of the last sailings to get to experience the first Quantum class ship before she says farewell to North America. I also view a LIVE from Quantum as a potential look in to what Anthem might be.

As many of you know, my friend and fellow LIVE blogger Dale, who goes by MrFunInTheSun on these boards, joined me last November on Allure and we did something that doesn't happen very often: dueling LIVE reviews from the same sailing on the incredible Allure. I know people enjoyed seeing the cruise from two different perspectives and through different photos. Well Dale has now joined my friends and I on our Quantum sailing.

So I thought about it and discussed an idea with Dale and he really liked it so we have decided to take a LIVE review to a whole new level, perhaps a first ever for the Cruise Critic boards. So it gives me great pleasure to announce the following for Quantum sailing April 12th, 2015:

LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th! A tag team review by Bugsy and MrFunInTheSun. :)

So I thought about it and discussed an idea with Dale and he really liked it so we have decided to take a LIVE review to a whole new level, perhaps a first ever for the Cruise Critic boards. So it gives me great pleasure to announce the following for Quantum sailing April 12th, 2015:

LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th! A tag team review by Bugsy and MrFunInTheSun. :)

I can't wait! I honestly had no desire to sail on Quantum until I saw all of the specialty restaurants. I'm now trying to figure out how to fit it in my schedule! Even if I don't make it on Quantum I'm sure some day I'll sail Anthem so your review will be perfect!

Glad you made it home safely!

...>>>SNIP<<<...

As many of you know, my friend and fellow LIVE blogger Dale, who goes by MrFunInTheSun on these boards, joined me last November on Allure and we did something that doesn't happen very often: dueling LIVE reviews from the same sailing on the incredible Allure. I know people enjoyed seeing the cruise from two different perspectives and through different photos. Well Dale has now joined my friends and I on our Quantum sailing.

Don't forget Dale's little buddy!! I miss Andy.

Of course April 12th is right before the end of tax season so I'll have to catch up after the 15th.

Edited by The Big Booper

Okay friends I am home and before it gets late, I know you all are waiting for the special announcement I have about my upcoming Quantum cruise to the southern Caribbean on April 12th of next year so here it goes...

First off, I, just like so many of you am disappointed with the decision Royal made to send Quantum to China at the end of April 2015. I don't really have a problem with a business decision, but I have a problem with how it was handled and put out there. But that has already been discussed on these boards and it is what it is... it's not going to change. In my opinion my sailing on Quantum will be even more important now as I will be one of the last sailings to get to experience the first Quantum class ship before she says farewell to North America. I also view a LIVE from Quantum as a potential look in to what Anthem might be.

There will probably be other LIVE Reviews going on with you guys too - I already know of one who may do it as this person does I all the time when he/she goes on cruises -- so it'll be fun reading, actually... LOTS of reading for those who will be armchair cruisers for our Quantum sailing - the more the better I say... Host Corkey

So it gives me great pleasure to announce the following for Quantum sailing April 12th, 2015:

Argh! I'm going to be on a 13 night cruise starting April 11th, so I will miss the whole thing. Nooooo. It will take me forever to get through the 3000+ posts when I get home :D :eek:

Don't forget Dale's little buddy!! I miss Andy.

And that's the main reason I'm going to be sad to miss the live review. Andy and his mischievous ways. :p

Chris, glad you made it home safe. Thanks again for sharing your vacation with a of us. You did a great job!!

Wow, dueling reviews!! I'll have to catch up with that when I get home from the cruise your reviewing. See you onboard the Quantum!!!

49 more Sundays!!! WOOT, WOOT!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy!!!! I can't wait for that review. Y'all are the best.

Tapatalk posting

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Chris - want to say how wonderful your live reviews are and appreciate all the hard work it takes just to take us along with you!

A GREAT BIG THANK-YOU AND QUAYZIE HUG!!!

Barb

Great news and I will be able to 'see you two work this tag team review effort' in person. Look forward to my Quantum sailing with both you guys :)

Should be one awesome review!!:)

Chris, glad you made it home safe & sound.

Wow, a tag team review by you & Dale (& Andy too). It's gonna be an awesome cruise, can't wait.

Thanks for taking us all along with you on the Allure, enjoyed your commentaries & all the pics.

Barbara

Good morning friends! Thanks for all the great posts.

I really don't have to go through all the details again but this cruise on Allure was just as great as the one back in November and we definitely had a lot of kids on this sailing.

The only somewhat big complaints I had was again how people have to insist on shoving into an already packed elevator. I know that's not going to change but it's really annoying that people act like they have to be on the first elevator they see and can't wait a few minutes for another one to come. Now if they're running late for something, I could see that reasoning but this happened at all times of the day.

The other issue was on the second formal night, Erika, Matt, her parents, and I were taken to the deck 3 MDR because there was a wait at deck 5 for a table. The dining room staff on deck 3 were terrible... they all acted like they didn't want to be there and lots of yelling by the managers. Hey folks this is a dining room, not a stadium.

Other than that once again my cruise aboard Lady Allure gets a solid A. I will cruise aboard her again :)

In closing let me say this...

I have never, ever seen one of my LIVE reviews have such a following like this one has. I never thought one would take off like this, where I eclipsed not only posts, but views while still on the cruise!

I have questioned myself if I start my lives to early? Are people going to remain entertained? Are the pictures going to be good? There has been many times I have just wanted to give up because of how awful the wifi can be on these ships... Allure sadly, seems to be the worst of the bunch(upgrade soon please!) for this.

This one even provided more aggravation as my camera went down on Friday evening and I had to go back to my HTC smartphone to continue providing you all an experience through my eyes.

Yes LIVE reviews can be very frustrating, aggravating, and they are VERY time consuming. It's obvious though, especially after this one, that I am doing something right and that people are looking forward to my future LIVE reviews and I dare say maybe with more anticipation now than ever before.

My life has been far from easy, as some of you know from private conversations I have had many heartaches in my life(loss of both my mom and dad for example) and a cruise is an escape for me from a lot of stress. It brings make great joy to see how excited and happy people are when I do these kind of reports.

So with that, LIVE from Allure of the Seas has concluded. But let me say a heartfelt THANK YOUto all of you.

Until next time.... ;)

Edited by Bugsy4271

And a HUGE thank you for your time and efforts, for all the help you gave and for all the photos and information you gave while you were on the Allure. It was also fun being on the cruise with you for the week.

Yes, life can be tough and tougher (I have my own share myself, your not alone) but I like to think it just makes us stronger in mind, body and soul.

A great big hug to you my friend, until the next one. Lynda

I really don't have to go through all the details again but this cruise on Allure was just as great as the one back in November and we definitely had a lot of kids on this sailing.

The only somewhat big complaints I had was again how people have to insist on shoving into an already packed elevator. I know that's not going to change but it's really annoying that people act like they have to be on the first elevator they see and can't wait a few minutes for another one to come. Now if they're running late for something, I could see that reasoning but this happened at all times of the day.

The other issue was on the second formal night, Erika, Matt, her parents, and I were taken to the deck 3 MDR because there was a wait at deck 5 for a table. The dining room staff on deck 3 were terrible... they all acted like they didn't want to be there and lots of yelling by the managers. Hey folks this is a dining room, not a stadium.

Other than that once again my cruise aboard Lady Allure gets a solid A. I will cruise aboard her again :)

I am in NO WAY defending elevator crushers....I myself have been smooshed like a pancake to the back on them on cruise ships BUT I think a lot of people just assume every other elevator that comes is going to be just as full...and they're probably right!!!

By the way...thank you SO MUCH for all you did for us on your cruise. I know it took A LOT of time and effort and caused a lot of frustration, BUT we LOVED it!!! I'm on Allure next month, so I learned a lot of pre-cruise information from you.

Were the many kids younger than school age...under four? I'm surprised at this time of year....spring breaks being over and summer break not started.....that there can be so many kids onboard. I'm just assuming most are not school age yet????

Were the many kids younger than school age...under four? I'm surprised at this time of year....spring breaks being over and summer break not started.....that there can be so many kids onboard. I'm just assuming most are not school age yet????

Kids of different ages. I just know it sure looked like and felt there were more kids on this cruise versus the one in November

Kids in some states go to school year round and have breaks at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk