LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Thank you, Chris, for posting such a comprehensive and entertaining review. I have taken part of my afternoon to read the postings and "re-experience" my cruise. My husband and I and some friends were on the same sailing. Don't think our paths ever crossed though.

It's interesting to note how different perspectives can be. I felt that there were very few children onboard. We had carefully selected this week after Easter week and most spring breaks to avoid lots of children. I never heard if the ship was full. Looking up at the balconies that overlook Boardwalk and especially Central Park, it seemed that many were not occupied. Was there ever an announcement of our capacity?

Glad to hear that your service was so good. Unfortunately, we differ here as well. Examples--our friends in the next stateroom did not have towels when we boarded. We shared one set of ours so we could get to our 6 pm dining time. I called and they were replenished when we got back from dinner and show. I never met our stateroom attendant until late Tuesday (Day 3). On previous cruises it seemed the attendant always sought us out to introduce themselves and always on Day 1. Am happy to hear your experience was different and our situation was probably a fluke.

We also used Bernard's Tours. I learned of them and their great reputation here on CC. Our group took Tour 2 which took us all over the island--both Dutch and French side and to both Orient Beach and Maho Beach. Definitely worth the $45 pp for the several hour tour. Also we were provided with rum punch, beer, sodas, and water while on the bus. None of our other excursions (RC tour in Nassau or the self-booked tour on St. Thomas) provided any refreshment at no cost.

Thanks again for letting me enjoy my trip a second time and providing pictures I meant to take.

Hi Chris,

I want to say thank you for doing such a great job on your live review....it was fantastic :D. I assume you purchased the unlimited internet package on Allure. How much was it and did you just go to customer service or can you sign up for it in your cabin? I apologize if you already gave this info in your review.

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Chris,

I want to say thank you for doing such a great job on your live review....it was fantastic :D. I assume you purchased the unlimited internet package on Allure. How much was it and did you just go to customer service or can you sign up for it in your cabin? I apologize if you already gave this info in your review.

Thanks,

Donna

It was 189 for the week and was able to purchase via the laptop in my cabin.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you! Will probably take advantage of the unlimited wifi on our cruise in October. Our two children will be with us....heaven forbid that they leave their electronics at home for a week 😊

Thank you! Will probably take advantage of the unlimited wifi on our cruise in October. Our two children will be with us....heaven forbid that they leave their electronics at home for a week 😊

Remember that the $189 price is for one device at a time. More than one simultaneous device is higher.

Remember that the $189 price is for one device at a time. More than one simultaneous device is higher.

Thanks for adding that Clarea. That is correct... for 189 you can only use one device at a time. If you change devices you have to log off of one and then log in on the other. To be able to use two devices at the same time will be 229 for the week

Hey I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad I caught this! I love your reviews and was wondering when the next one would come out! I am only on page 28 but so far so good! I am loving the your hotel of choice in FLL. Definitely have to check that one out the next time we travel there for a cruise! :cool:

Will be back tomorrow! :D

Late to the party too. Just on page 21 awesome review so far.

Know you said it but what kind of camera were you using?? Don't want to carry my big Nikon SLR but worried about poor quality with just iphone.

Allure in 89 days, your review helping for my up coming cruise and helping get through work :).

~Cheryl

Late to the party too. Just on page 21 awesome review so far.

Know you said it but what kind of camera were you using?? Don't want to carry my big Nikon SLR but worried about poor quality with just iphone.

Allure in 89 days, your review helping for my up coming cruise and helping get through work :).

~Cheryl

Combination of a Nikon 1 J3 and my HTC smartphone

Your HTC did a great job filling in for the J1. Glad you're home safely. Enjoyed your review as we're going on the same ship, same itinerary in September. I can't wait to get onboard. I want to thank you for including pictures in differing areas around the ship. I wanted to see some of the different locations onboard, and dude, you delivered on that. I really enjoyed seeing the comedians pictures. Thanks again for an awesome review!

Also, we were able to get 20% off as a C&A member. Had to go to Guest Services to get the adjustment made, however.

Yes thank you I remember reading that somewhere here on CC. :)

Chris, we were on this sailing with you! I just read through the entire review (I really should be working since I am so far behind but I got caught up reliving our cruise through your wonderful review!!).

Thank you so taking so much of your valuable time to record your cruise. It allowed me to relive mine. It was a WONDERFUL week!!! Allure is such a beautiful ship and so well designed - never felt crowded!!!

Hi, Chris.

Get review, as always. I didn't notice that you posted the Izumi menu. Did you and I missed it? If not, do you happen to have pics of it? I looked at the one on the RCCL website but there are no prices listed.

Thanks.

Hi, Chris.

Get review, as always. I didn't notice that you posted the Izumi menu. Did you and I missed it? If not, do you happen to have pics of it? I looked at the one on the RCCL website but there are no prices listed.

Thanks.

Yael I apologize but every time I take pics of that menu it never turns out well. Seems to be the only menu that doesn't

Yael I apologize but every time I take pics of that menu it never turns out well. Seems to be the only menu that doesn't

OK, thanks, Chris. And I meant GREAT review. :)

I think there was a lot less rudeness on this cruise compared to the last one but the people insisting on shoving into an already packed elevator is simply ridiculous. There are 24 elevators on this ship... if you can't get on the first one it's not the end of the world :rolleyes:

Hi Chris!

Jess & I felt this was our only minus to the best cruise that we have had the pleasure of experiencing. My poor DD, she had her little feet stepped on so many times while standing in the elevators during this cruise. In fact, on our last elevator 'ride' as we were heading out to disembark, (jam packed with passengers & their luggage), a man who was told by many in the elevator to wait for the next one as ours didn't even have inches to spare...ignored our requests & turned his back on us, pulled himself & his HUGE suitcase into the elevator & crunched down on DD's little toe!:mad: Of course she was wearing sandals. It is still swollen & black & blue.

So word of caution....we found this elevator jamming to be the norm on this ship. Guard your toes!

Happy to have shared this cruise with you in person! We LOVED every minute of it!

Judy & Jess

Hi Chris,

I just checked CC Countdown to Regal by Dave. Today in Post 541 and 542 Dave has included some new pictures of the Regal. She looks great. I was trying to use a picture of the Regal decks to look at the back of the ship and find the Outrigger. It looks like the floor above the last balcony floor in the back. What is confusing is the back of what I think is the Lido deck 16 has what looks like angel wings. Besides that it looks pretty open. Dave also posted more info at the end of the thread.

Sali

Hi Chris,

I just checked CC Countdown to Regal by Dave. Today in Post 541 and 542 Dave has included some new pictures of the Regal. She looks great. I was trying to use a picture of the Regal decks to look at the back of the ship and find the Outrigger. It looks like the floor above the last balcony floor in the back. What is confusing is the back of what I think is the Lido deck 16 has what looks like angel wings. Besides that it looks pretty open. Dave also posted more info at the end of the thread.

Sali

Sali.... the Outrigger is on the Lido Deck its at the very back... its attached to an area called the Horizon Terrace. It's a large open area with chairs, table... couches etc. It is a great open space....

Chris- thank you so much for taking the time for this live review. I only started reading this a few days ago. I wasn't planning on going on This class ship but this review changed my mind. I'm planning on surprising my DH and DS with a cruise next January. We haven't been on a cruise since 09' on explorer. This ship looks amazing. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Cruisin73, I have been on this ship and its great. So much to do; so much entertainment; it's so large you don't feel crowded. Book it and you will have a wonderful time.

Sali.... the Outrigger is on the Lido Deck its at the very back... its attached to an area called the Horizon Terrace. It's a large open area with chairs, table... couches etc. It is a great open space....

Pat and Delores,

I am familiar with this area on other ships but I look forward to experience it all on Regal. I am planning on doing a lot of exploring on the first part of the b2b. Right now I am trying to get organized for my Alaska cruise in two weeks.

Sali

Pat and Delores,

I am familiar with this area on other ships but I look forward to experience it all on Regal. I am planning on doing a lot of exploring on the first part of the b2b. Right now I am trying to get organized for my Alaska cruise in two weeks.

Sali

It is a much nicer area and larger area than on other ships..IMHO :)

Enjoy Alaska.... I hope to do it again !

Chris, I just finally caught up with your review and it was fantastic. Thank you so much for all your time, effort and expense to share your cruise with us. And, WOW, you and Dale are going to do a LIVE on our Q cruise. How exciting. I get to cruise live with you, Dale and bendy Andy. I cannot wait. If Dale needs a baby sitter for Andy, I'm available. LOL On second thought, maybe not. Andy is a hand full, isn't he? Thanks again.

Luvs

Chris a HUGE thanks. We decided after your review to switch to Hyatt Pier 66. Loving it!!!

This is now our cruise hotel. We got an upgrade to ocean view balcony. Thank you Stanley.

View from our room

ImageUploadedByForums1399746455.493336.jpg.ca1971307d42b3b3873fdc22d5991a32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app