LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Chris, great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us again! We just booked our first cruise with Royal on the Allure in Jan 2105 partly due to your and Gambee's reviews. Happy Sailing !

Chris- I really appreciate you doing your reviews. It gives me a chance to get that cruising "thrill" when circumstances are keeping me from being on a ship for the near future.

Now if only someone would invent a way we could feel that ocean motion while sitting home reading these live reviews!!!

Thank YOU for all you've done for us virtual cruisers! You have also provided us our "escapism"! Until we cruise again....take care and one more thank you!

Same sentiments from Canada! :)

Just arrived back in Ireland after our first time on Royal Caribbean's Allure. It was our honeymoon and it was amazing. The staff were so accommodating and lovely and it has definitely convinced us to sail with Royal Caribbean again!

Captain Johnny is a legend haha

Don't forget Dale's little buddy!! I miss Andy.

Of course April 12th is right before the end of tax season so I'll have to catch up after the 15th.

You beat me to it -- I was going to ask if Andy will be invited this time. I laugh out loud at his antics:)

Chris,

Was there a cover charge for Izumi? I know there was a charge in the past but I thought I had read that they were discontinuing the cover charge and just charging for the food. Just curious if that was the case on your cruise.

Thanks!

Chris,

Was there a cover charge for Izumi? I know there was a charge in the past but I thought I had read that they were discontinuing the cover charge and just charging for the food. Just curious if that was the case on your cruise.

Thanks!

Ala carte pricing. For lunch it cost me 18 and for dinner both times right around 30

Sali. You can get a nice window and view into Bermuda by watching the webcam

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

We sailed to Bermuda out of NJ in August and had very calm seas. Lots good info can be found on the Ports of Call board section of Cruise Critic

Last season for Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda this year. spring 2015 you will have

Liberty of the Seas ad an option

Okay Chris welcome back home...is it time yet for your 'reveal'. :)

Hi Emmy,

Thank you for your response. I did check on the Bermuda web cam a few minutes ago. The Explorer of the Seas was in port with the sun shining on her. I hope you don't mind I looked at your Bermuda photos and it sure looked beautiful there. If you had to choose between Celebrity and RCI for Bermuda which would you choose? Would you change your mind if there was a big price difference? If a great last minute cruise comes along I might consider it .

Sali

Chris,

Thank you for all the time and effort that you put into your live review. Now I can have a do-over of our vacation!! It was great to meet you and sail on the beautiful Allure. Now if I could only find those free snacks :)

Chris,

Welcome home ! Always a hard adjustment, but left was lots of great memories of new friends and adventures. Thank you for letting me cruise vicariously.

Sali

Thanks Sali. This was the probably the hardest one I had to work on but it also IMHO was the best one

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Chris,

I forgot to ask you if you had a chance today to bring your camera in to be checked out. Hope it all comes under a warranty.

Sali

It should be under warranty as I bought it a month before my November cruise aboard Allure.

I'm taking it up to Geek Squad tomorrow as I'm sure it will be done for at least a few days if not a few weeks

Edited by Bugsy4271

Checked in and waiting to board my friends! :)

2ynesa9a.jpg

y6eherub.jpg

mebynuba.jpg

Great review! What time did they start boarding everyone?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A big thank you from me too for such a fantastic review. It's highly unlikely that I will ever get on to the Allure myself so I really enjoyed "travelling" with you.

If the stars align, I may be able to get the family on the Oasis if we manage a planned trip to the US next year, so I'll be off to read your review of that. :D

Chris: So love the fact that I Will be there Live sailing with you when you and Dale do your tag team live review on Quantum. And can't say it enough-great job on ALLURE!!!!

Hugs!!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Emmy,

Thank you for your response. I did check on the Bermuda web cam a few minutes ago. The Explorer of the Seas was in port with the sun shining on her. I hope you don't mind I looked at your Bermuda photos and it sure looked beautiful there. If you had to choose between Celebrity and RCI for Bermuda which would you choose? Would you change your mind if there was a big price difference? If a great last minute cruise comes along I might consider it .

Sali

Sali ~ sorry for the delay in responding. First off thank you for your kind comments re my Bermuda photos. Last August was my first time there. Explorer will sail away today out of Bermuda.

I chose Celebrity Summit because it stayed 3 full days and was a 7 days cruise. I LOVE RCI and would love to go to Bermuda on Liberty of the Seas. Her 5 night itinerary is so short with only 2 days in Bermuda and the longer itinerary 9 days I think only stays one full day...not enough time.

I really enjoyed the Summit as a ship and it will give you the most time in Bermuda especially for that first visit. I would watch pricing on Liberty and Summit both.

When the Vision to Bermuda sailing came up I booked it first day it was available and it really came down in price. RCI's Grandeur also sails to Bermuda from Baltimore

feel free to email me emmy soo 1 @ shaw. ca