What Are The Perks For Neptune Suite?

curtdesilets

Use of the thermal suite is not included in occupancy of Neptune Suite. We pay the same as anyone else unless your are 5* mariner. Then there is some free use because of Mariner Status.

• From HAL website:

Neptune Suite Amenities

• A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
    • Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
    • Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
    • Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
    • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
    • Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
    • Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
    • Cocktail party with ship's officers
    • Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
    • Special disembarkation service
    • Priority dining and seating requests
    • Exclusive daily breakfast service in Pinnacle Grill
    • High tea service in suite on request
    • A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
    • Premium duvet; oversized bath towels; and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
    • Fresh flowers

If you go here (HAL website):

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Staterooms.action?WT.ac=pnav_Onboard_STATEROOMS

and look at the Amenities link, all the specifics are there for your review.

Edit:- almost beat you Sail!

:D

I think 'curtdesilets' has all the information about Neptune Suite Amenities that anyone could possibly want or need. :)

that did seem too good to be true.

Anything else that separates the Neptune from the superior suites?

Lots of things, to mention a few:

Access to the Neptune Lounge and concierge. Great for snacks and coffee/juices.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill

Most times an invite to a welcome aboard cocktail party with the ship's officers in the Neptune.

Most times an invite to the Captain's cocktail party one evening.

Free Laundry service.

Priority Boarding, disembarking and tender service.

Most times a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin upon arrival.

Priority for dining times.

Flowers for him and her for first formal night.

Concierge to handle all those little things onboard - billing issues, get movies, make reservations, answer your dumb questions, etc.

High tea and Apps. upon request sent to your cabin daily.

I am sure I missed a few.

Cannot wait to be spoiled again!

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

:D

I think 'curtdesilets' has all the information about Neptune Suite Amenities that anyone could possibly want or need. :)

Sail, You know the drill here at CC. It has to be answered at least 10 times ;-)

Edited by kjw869

Sail, You know the drill here at CC. It has to be answered at least 10 times ;-)
Not to worry. In three or four months, the question will be repeated. And the band plays on. Can you immagine how many times the HAL folks have answered the same question?:D

Not to worry. In three or four months, the question will be repeated. And the band plays on. Can you immagine how many times the HAL folks have answered the same question?:D

I think you meant 3-4 days!! ;-) And, most of the answers to many of these questions are on HAL's website.

Edited by kjw869

Can you immagine how many times the HAL folks have answered the same question?:D

This helpful attitude is what sets the HAL board apart from others. We plan to sail on HAL so I'm here often reading the different threads and gathering tips. The HAL website is not as "user friendly" as you folks are! :D

I'm glad that the HAL CC'ers are so kind to answer this question myriad times.

Cool.

The gist of my question is twofold though. Wondering if just an upgrade to the lower suite category would suffice for our needs. I'm trying to assess the differences in suite perks. I know that the Superior Suites (Signature suites?) do not get the Neptune Lounge.

LOL...... :D

You are both correct and that is what makes it so much fun here.

It's why I keep checking in. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Cool.

The gist of my question is twofold though. Wondering if just an upgrade to the lower suite category would suffice for our needs. I'm trying to assess the differences in suite perks. I know that the Superior Suites (Signature suites?) do not get the Neptune Lounge.

The Signature Suites basically give you more real estate (more room). Larger than a verandah & smaller than the Neptune Suites. The main 'perk' they have is a 24 hour telephone concierge.

For some people the Signatures are more than adequate. For others the perks of the Neptune Suites are important.

As long as you choose what is right for YOU, you can't go wrong:D

The Signature Suites basically give you more real estate (more room). Larger than a verandah & smaller than the Neptune Suites. The main 'perk' they have is a 24 hour telephone concierge.

For some people the Signatures are more than adequate. For others the perks of the Neptune Suites are important.

As long as you choose what is right for YOU, you can't go wrong:D

If the price is right, we may go Neptune. If it's exorbitant, we will go Signature.

Cool.

We like to book the Signature suite and hope for an upsell. For $200-300 per person (7 day cruise) it is worth it to us to upgrade, but we do not think the $1000 or so price difference is worth it.

DaveOKC

Keep in mind there are actually a number of us who book those Neptunes and pay the 'asking rate' for them. Exorbitant has to be in the eyes of the beholder. :)

Only you will know what is exorbitant to you.

I had booked the Zuiderdam for the May 10th departure with a VH guarantee and paid 1700$ for single occupancy and my parents 1900$ for a double occupancy. We got our cabins this week and ended up getting a VA so it was nice upgrade but then my travel agent called Holland and said we were interested in an upsell to a Neptune Suite if there were any available. We got a price of 700$ per cabin for a SA. I think it was a very good deal because I ended up paying 2300$ for a Neptune Suite! On top of it, they gave us communicating rooms! I am very happy about this because I usually am able to travel only during the summer months and Alaska is very expensive at that time! I am on sabbatical for this school year and am happy about the price. I usually do an inside so I am happy about the big bump.

I have to say that I lied to my parents and told them that we paid only 200$ and am paying for the difference. I wanted to treat them and they never accept usually anything from me! So if we happen to meet on board, you have to keep the secret about the upsell....haha...

It will be our first time in Alaska so we are all excited about it

You are in VERY dangerous territory Cricri7!

We accepted a VERY affordable (less that what you paid for the double occupancy suite) upsell offer to an Aft Wrap Neptune Suite for our cruise on the Westerdam last month. Now DW has decreed all future cruises WILL be in a Neptune Suite. HAL knew exactly what they were doing with us, they sunk Neptune's Trident in deep and reeled us in to perpetual suite sailing.

So, when we decided to book a cruise for our 25th Anniversary in March, we book at the rate quoted in order to choose the cabin we wanted (Aft Wrap). It is just another level of cruise addiction!

Edited by K&RCurt