Still confused with new C&A discounts

mustgo

Hi, what about if you book a cruise and the price has since gone up, can the CAS discounts be applied to the lower price originally paid?

I don't think so. I think the CAS discount is now integrated with whatever is the current price.

Thank you again for the good advice. For 2 cruises I was able to get discounts for a total of almost $600. Both cruises were the same price as when I booked so I have no information for cases where the cruise price has increased.

We just took advantage of the C&A rate on our Sept cruise. But, one thing is you do not also get the balcony or suite discount as well. We lost the $250 off to get the exclusive rate, but it still ended up cheaper so we went for it.

Brief history; booked an Inside on the Oasis transatlantic on the day bookings opened hoping that prices would drop and I could then pay for an upgrade before sailing.

Since the C&A changes the price dropped, I called Royal 4 times, each time told that the discounts were for new bookings only, emailed them twice but the response is the same, I am not trying to get a free upgrade, just want to pay the current price. today I notice that the price without putting my C&A discount number in is lower for an outside than what I paid for an inside, I called Royal again and was again told that this is for new bookings only, being from the UK if I cancel then I lose my deposit, to upgrade to a balcony they quoted me a price far higher than on the website with or without the C&A discount, for a balcony, I could cancel the booking and lose my £300 deposit and my $150 OBC and rebook as a new customer and it will still be way cheaper than upgrading on the existing booking. This is crazy, there just seems to be no point booking early anymore unless you want a specific cabin. I think I will wait a while and try calling them again.

I think that RCI's lack of allowing you to use the coupons after the fact is that you are from the UK and have much more restrictive policies regarding price changes etc. than those in North America have.

Most of the price drops, price adjustments, upgrading, changing rooms etc. that are constantly talked about on here only apply to North American residents but it is always worth a call to check.

Edited by Ourusualbeach