New Toilets on Diamond

Lanwood

Our current mini suite has one and many of the public rest rooms have them also. I think for larger people they would be uncomfortable. I quite like all the functions but my husband doesn't.

I have one at home and I'm no skinny-minnie. No problems. I think women like them more than men - more reasons too when you think about it. ;) DH isn't a fan either.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue with the magical toilet seats on Diamond Princess isn't their set of features - it's the size/shape of the bowl you have to work with.

As stated upthread, when you encounter these in, say, Japanese hotels, it's no problem because the seats are paired with an elongated, elliptical bowl.

On the Diamond Princess, you have a circular bowl that is already smaller than even an old-style circular bowl as encountered on land. Take away another 2-3 inches on the back of the sitting area for the mechanism, and you're left with something approximating the size of a toddlers' porta-potty.

I will agree that this is largely/exclusively a problem for the males, as the ladies don't have to worry about anything getting squished on the front lip of the seat. :D