New Toilets on Diamond

Lanwood

We have both a Toto and a Coway bidets for our bathrooms.

However the Enema wash sounds great. I am guessing its just a strong stream. I call one of the modes on my Toto power wash mode but I am wondering if its just the same as enema wash or something more.

Anybody know?

We have both a Toto and a Coway bidets for our bathrooms.

However the Enema wash sounds great. I am guessing its just a strong stream. I call one of the modes on my Toto power wash mode but I am wondering if its just the same as enema wash or something more.

Anybody know?

That's what I would expect it to be, too.

Maybe someone who's sailing on Diamond soon could investigate for us ;)

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Well, inquiring minds have found out :D

Not steam I'm afraid, but a very powerful single jet of continuous water (unless this one was broken), and you can use the forward/back joystick to move the blast around....and we'll stop there !!!!

I don't see a problem with the new toilets. I've been in American hotels that had a separate bidet in the bathroom. This is a logical extension of that. I doubt I'd enjoy having the lectures, movies, menus, etc. in Japanese though. With the ship geared toward the Japanese market I will just leave it to the Japanese. I really hope it will still be possible to do some cruising in that area that isn't wholly geared to the Japanese culture though. If all Princess cruises in that region are wholly Japanese-centric I doubt we will ever cruise there.

I don't see a problem with the new toilets. I've been in American hotels that had a separate bidet in the bathroom. This is a logical extension of that.

I agree. I have stayed in several hotels in the US like that and don't see the fascination.

Mike:)

Not steam I'm afraid, but a very powerful single jet of continuous water (unless this one was broken), and you can use the forward/back joystick to move the blast around....and we'll stop there !!!!

Sounds like there is fun to be had in the bathroom when it comes with a joystick.:D

Enema wash???:eek:

Had to laugh when I saw that choice on the controller. I wonder if that is what they are referring to when they speak of "deep cleaning" on this ship???.............:cool:

Thanks, Lanwood. Didn't realise you were still onboard until I caught up with your review thread. That's about what I expected it to be. I guess it would be useful in some cases ... ;)

Thanks, Lanwood. Didn't realise you were still onboard until I caught up with your review thread.

No, no - very much on dry land for 25 more weeks. I was refering to other members of our roll call still on board doing a b2b.

That's about what I expected it to be. I guess it would be useful in some cases ... ;)

:D

The nozzles are tucked well under the edge of the seat, at the back. It would be highly unlikely that they would be contaminated. You have to stand on your head and pee upwards! Of course, US toilets with their higher water levels may have a greater incidence of splashing but even then I think the nozzles are well protected. Also they don't extend until you select the wash function. These things are very well engineered. The Japanese are fastidious about personal cleanliness.

If you have sensitive skin I suggest you don't try the enema wash :p The regular washes are very gentle and the water pressure and temperature can be selected to suit.

I don't know about Princess showers as I have yet to do my first cruise but many places, even 5 star hotels, don't have hand held shower attachments. Being female, that's one of my pet peeves.

And if I could train my digestive system to perform on command that would be a fine thing. Unfortunately there are many days when the timing is not as you suggest.

Someone posted on another thread that the bidet toilet seats weren't in their cabin, but they didn't say what sort of cabin they were in.

O.k. on a serious note then, as OzKiwiJJ has pointed out, I think they're quite safe. I really don't think the cruise line would put a germ ridden spreading machine on their ships, given the efforts they go through to stop/minimise the possible spread of infections onboard. I'm sure a lot of ground work on that front would have been performed by Princess powers that be. Also, the Japanese take personal hygiene to ritualistic levels in their society, and as they all use them, should give us a clue as well.

I agree, they would be quite safe (if used appropriately). Cross connection issues would also be accounted for.:D

I seems not all the cabins had them?

I noted another review that said they didn't have them in theirs. Not sure if they where still rolling out, or if it was just for Japanese passengers (I got lucky), or whether is was cabin type specific.

I spoke to other passengers who did have them, but I didn't ask them their cabin grade in our conversation.

Maybe someone will shed some more light on this in the near future....??

I don't know about Princess showers as I have yet to do my first cruise but many places, even 5 star hotels, don't have hand held shower attachments.

On Princess, only the Royal (and I assume the Regal) have the hand held shower attachment.

I seems not all the cabins had them?

I noted another review that said they didn't have them in theirs. Not sure if they where still rolling out, or if it was just for Japanese passengers (I got lucky), or whether is was cabin type specific.

I spoke to other passengers who did have them, but I didn't ask them their cabin grade in our conversation.

Maybe someone will shed some more light on this in the near future....??

Perhaps they were only in the Suites and Balcony cabins?:D

I am enjoying this thread, as my wife and I are sailing on the Diamond on the 8th July. I showed her the photo of the control panel, unfortunately her comments on seeing it are not for repeating. We are staying in Tokyo for 3 nights pre-cruise so hopefully we will have mastered the act of flushing the toilet lol!!

Flushing the toilet is the same as usual, the bidet functions operate from within the toilet seat, either from a remote or from an attachment at one side of the seat.

Are you sure you can't repeat what your wife said? LOL :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

On Princess, only the Royal (and I assume the Regal) have the hand held shower attachment.

On the Diamond - they had replaced our shower attachment to a modern looking hand held one, part way through the cruise.

Not sure if this is either

1. Another added feature to diamond to appeal to the local Japanese Market.

2. Slowly standardising their fleet with some new additions found on Royal/Regal.

3. Or perhaps even, just another stateroom grade specific upgrade.

More learned minds than mine may have an answer here.....