Greetings from Century!

bachcruise

Where is this?

An aft bar, like the sunset bar?

Any music back there, like on M class?

It's the sunset bar, deck 11 aft. I haven't caught any live music there, just canned classical music. Still lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting. Have you noticed how select dining is working? We will probably want early the first two nights at opening or so then late say 8 the rest of the time. We like just a table for two, don't mind long meal time, just don't want a line to get seated. How was the wine service?

Thanks for the pictures.

Hi everyone. I had read many negative reviews prior to this cruise and it had me a little nervous. Well I am having a wonderful cruise and I love the Century. It's been 18 years since I've been onboard and she is still a beautiful and special ship. Service and food have been outstanding. So far I've caught 1 production show and it was great.

Century is still a very nice ship. we were on her a few weeks ago for the same itinerary. Glad to hear she and her crew are serving your needs.

Thanks for posting. Have you noticed how select dining is working? We will probably want early the first two nights at opening or so then late say 8 the rest of the time. We like just a table for two, don't mind long meal time, just don't want a line to get seated. How was the wine service?

Thanks for the pictures.

We had no problems with getting a table for 2 right at 530. We showed up at 630 as we'll and there was only one couple ahead of us. Wine service has been over and above. When the bottle we chose was not available he gave us a different bottle for the same price plus the coupon. Needless to say the sommallier was tipped well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the pictures.

This is our first time doing select dining and it's been great so far. We've mainly dined around 7:30 to 8 but today we walked in at 6:45. No waiting and wine service has been excellent.

How cold is the weather, once the sun goes down? Plus, how much ship movement have you had going north? Thanks!

Remarkably calm. Post sundown has been chilly but not cold or too windy. Yesterday it was 80 in SF and today looks to be the same in Monterey. Having lived there before I can safely say that almost never happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone. I had read many negative reviews prior to this cruise and it had me a little nervous. Well I am having a wonderful cruise and I love the Century. It's been 18 years since I've been onboard and she is still a beautiful and special ship. Service and food have been outstanding. So far I've caught 1 production show and it was great.

I love it when I return somewhere or meet someone I fondly remember. I fail to notice the wear and tear that time has taken because my view is colored by my past memories. This was my first voyage on Century, but I have sailed Celebrity many times so my view of April 5 voyage still is objective. I hope they are improving their experience. Again I will reserve judgement until my June 13 Solstice voyage to Alaska. I am glad you are having a good time.

Hello from Monterey. We had a wonderful sailaway from SF last night and today's another beautiful day. Dinner last night was great once again..we had the turkey Parmesan and lamb shank. Delicious. The crew on Century continues to impress me. Everyone is so friendly, personable and attentive. ImageUploadedByForums1398882839.827745.jpg.547bd8fe0f1476d385a7b88a24086a22.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1398882753.904817.jpg.1485c597b3db89cb747f4374c22e0b2a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1398882814.135256.jpg.a4812599430597c51459390608867e98.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1398882826.716761.jpg.bf064474305c1087d792718ca516a9a8.jpg

Thanks for your posts. We were onboard last week and I am having fun re-living our trip! What a difference a week makes. SF for us, was sunny but chilly and windy, but that's the bay area!

We love the crew on Century and I'm so glad we got one last cruise on a beautiful ship!

Thanks for your posts. I love the ports on these west coast cruises. If we hadn't been on the Century on a B2B in February (loved it) and booked for a Solstice cruise on May 8th, we would have been on a couple of those Century west coast cruises.

The Century is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. She has "great bones". I'm sorry that the financials didn't work for Celebrity to retrofit her and recreate her as the gem she should be.

Thanks for your posts. I love the ports on these west coast cruises. If we hadn't been on the Century on a B2B in February (loved it) and booked for a Solstice cruise on May 8th, we would have been on a couple of those Century west coast cruises.

The Century is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. She has "great bones". I'm sorry that the financials didn't work for Celebrity to retrofit her and recreate her as the gem she should be.

I totally agree! The Century is a gem and Iove her just as much as I did 18 years ago, if not more. I've talked to many passengers and we all agree that this ship has so much potential had Celebrity kept it. Makes me sad to see her go.

Thanks for your posts. We were onboard last week and I am having fun re-living our trip! What a difference a week makes. SF for us, was sunny but chilly and windy, but that's the bay area!

We love the crew on Century and I'm so glad we got one last cruise on a beautiful ship!

You're welcome. I'm happy you had a wonderful cruise as well. Century is very special.

doesn't look like a broken down old ship, like some have said......

Your pictures make me excited to cruise on Century! thank you :)

Where is the escalator?

Good I'm happy to hear that. She's a beauty with a wonderful crew. You're gonna love her. :)

Escalator is next to the cinema, just aft of the celebrity theater deck 6 starboard. Its in one of the prettiest parts of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Century this morning, had a wonderful cruise. On the smartphone so will come back with more details, but I just have to say, in our humble opinion, those who have been reporting that the Century is threadbare, poorly maintained & grimy are smoking something! And particularly in my wife's case that's from the perspective of a former TA owner with (now) 98 other cruises to compare with.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

We first were on board in "07 for a T/A...and we loved her then...and we love her now!!! In the last year we have been on her 3 times...and we will be on her this coming September for her final T/P under the X banner... she is a great ship...a wonderful size...and she will be missed by many X cruisers!!! LuAnn