Call me stupid!

jackparts

Just happened to look at my cruise over Thanksgiving and noticed we get back on a Saturday. Only thing is I booked airfare for 10 on a Sunday. Also booked FTTF for three rooms to get to the airport on time. Cost to rebook is outta here! Guess the only thing to do is accept the expense for three rooms for Saturday nite along with meals. Wife wants to tattoo IDIOT on my forehead.

Just happened to look at my cruise over Thanksgiving and noticed we get back on a Saturday. Only thing is I booked airfare for 10 on a Sunday. Also booked FTTF for three rooms to get to the airport on time. Cost to rebook is outta here! Guess the only thing to do is accept the expense for three rooms for Saturday nite along with meals. Wife wants to tattoo IDIOT on my forehead.

You are going on a cruise, you get to stay somewhere a day longer and you can get off the ship sooner to start that last day. Doesn't sound all bad to me. Are you sure this wasn't a brilliant plan on your part?

This actually sounds great to me.....assuming you are stuck in a good port?

You should tell your wife that it's a blessing in disguise as you will get more time on the ship on debarkation day and enjoy a good breakfast.

Should your ship be delayed for any reason you won't have the angst of trying to make it to the airport in time also.

Re-booking flights because of the ship entering port would be a bigger headache, but as someone suggested, you can always cancel FTTF to cover the cost of the hotel room.

We are cruising from Sunday May 11 to Sunday May 18th We are travelling with 3 other couples all flying home on Sunday the 18th. My friend was looking over her airline tickets and her return flight she booked was JUNE 18th. She had no idea she messed up, So glad she looked now, she would have been in for a huge surprise! An extra month in Puerto Rico!

It happens! Cost her 150.00 for corrected flight!

Well, the bright side, you won't do this again. :)

Nah! You're not stupid. No need to cancel the FTTF. If you're arriving at the port before embarkation begins, you'll be among the first to board right after Diamond and Platinum cruisers. You can go straight to your cabin and drop off your carry-ons before having some lunch. Enjoy a post cruise day after you've debarked. Rent a car or take a taxi van and do some sight-seeing. Decide on what you'd like to do post cruise and get your hotel booked. After you've "made lemonade out of lemons", your wife will think you're a genius. ;)

DUH!!! You really ARE stupid. Just kidding. Since I have been called out as an idiot so many times on these boards I couldn't resist. If I had a nickel for every time I have done something stupid I would be a wealthy man rofl. It's a shame really that I can't that job.

Anyway, what is done is done. Now all you have to do is figure out how to make some lemonade as others suggest. I think it may well work to your advantage anyway both in getting on and off the ship plus the other perks of FTTF. Plus, you don't never know what is going to happen which might delay your arrival back at the home port. ;)

Good luck!

We somehow made a mistake booking our flight last time and it cost us a couple hundred to make the change. We just decided to cough it up and try to forget it. In your case I would say enjoy your mistake and have a wonderful cruise.

We booked our flights to arrive a day earlier, and fly right out after the cruise. Decided to stay with family in the area a few days afterwards. Its one reason why I love Southwest. you can make changes, and only pay the difference in fare, if any, w/o any change fees. We also have FTTF mainly for the early luggage delivery and room being available, and the early debarkation for other family members going right back.

We are cruising from Sunday May 11 to Sunday May 18th We are travelling with 3 other couples all flying home on Sunday the 18th. My friend was looking over her airline tickets and her return flight she booked was JUNE 18th. She had no idea she messed up, So glad she looked now, she would have been in for a huge surprise! An extra month in Puerto Rico!

It happens! Cost her 150.00 for corrected flight!

I just did the same thing for our return flight from Vegas. Luckily I caught it right away and when I called back that night they were able to change it for free. WHEW! I definitely dodged a bullet.

Bill

Easy Mistake! But think of others from around the world visiting USA Its just so confusing booking anything! Today is the first of May, to most in USA its 5/1/14 to the rest of the world its 1/5/14:D

Booking USA Hotels and getting the date correct is a nightmare! lol

It could be worse. You could have booked the flights for the Friday. :)

I once booked tickets to a show in Vegas for the week AFTER we were going to be there. Luckily I noticed right away and they allowed me to change them. Don't sweat the small stuff! Everyone Screws up from time to time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by MissKIA