Has anyone...

bbwoman41

Our suitcases are 26", but you're likely to see suitcases of all different sizes. The only concern you might have is if you're flying to your port. Nearly all airlines have a weight limit of 50 lbs. per bag. If it's over that, you'll have to pay an additional charge. Otherwise, you'll be all right.:)

The luggage size should be of no concern to the cruise line - but as mentioned it will be an issue with the airlines, not so much by the size but - as others have mentioned - by the weight.

Keep in mind as well that with most cruise lines there is under bed storage for suitcases but may be limited in terms of height of the space when the bags are laid flat, which may mean luggage might need to fit in the closet or elsewhere in the room if too big.

That being said (albeit with RCI) we travel with two 29" suitcases frequently on cruises and have no issues with the airlines or stateroom storage with them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for all the feedback. We live near the port, so I guess we will keep the luggage and start packing :D.

A 29 inch bag does fit under the bed. We can back for a 7 day in one 29" and one standard carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the feedback. We live near the port, so I guess we will keep the luggage and start packing :D.

Even if you have to fly, 29 inches is the limit on bags, so your good there. Enjoy your cruise.

Before airline restrictions, I bought a bag large enough to put a dead body in....it went on several cruises with us! Now, I guess I'll have to save it to be buried in...the airlines won't let me bring it!!!

Even if you have to fly, 29 inches is the limit on bags, so your good there. Enjoy your cruise.

Most airlines use linear inches as the "maximum" checked bag measure (in addition to their weight restrictions). A common max is 62 linear inches (width + length + depth). This may or may not translate to a 29" long "rolly."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before airline restrictions, I bought a bag large enough to put a dead body in....it went on several cruises with us! Now, I guess I'll have to save it to be buried in...the airlines won't let me bring it!!!

Several years ago, I worked for Delta as one of the ground crew, loading and unloading baggage, cleaning the plane(s) inside before boarding, etc. It always amazed me what people would use as carry-on bags. Some of the "carry-ons" were almost large enough to pack a Volkswagen Beetle in! And I saw my share of those large bags like you're talking about. I sometimes wondered if people were taking a pet elephant with them.:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by beachbum53