Are there any beaches within walking distance in Kings Wharf Bermuda

caribbean sailor

First time in Bermuda,just wondering if there is a nice beach within walking distance?We would like to rent a beach lounge and umbrella and relax on the beach all day.If not any recommendations,what beach Is it best? :)

Edited by caribbean sailor

You have travelled all the way to Bermuda and I am not going to let you do that.

Buy a one day bus pass at the port and go over to the South Shore beaches. Horseshoe Bay is the best known, but the others are nice too, as well as being less crowded.

http://bermuda.micromaps.com/

Click on 'beaches' on the right side and then zoom in.

Edited by marci22

There is a small beach (for the life of me I cannot recall the name of it) right at the Wharf, behind the shops. It's small, but quite pretty, and you could easily spend some time there. If you have time, you can take the bus to Horseshoe Bay beach, which is about 20 minutes away. It's a beautiful beach with bathrooms, showers, rentals, etc.

There is a small beach (for the life of me I cannot recall the name of it) right at the Wharf, behind the shops. It's small, but quite pretty, and you could easily spend some time there. If you have time, you can take the bus to Horseshoe Bay beach, which is about 20 minutes away. It's a beautiful beach with bathrooms, showers, rentals, etc.

The beach is called Snorkel Park Beach. It is a private enterprise that charges admission. If would only recommend it if you want to be off the ship for a couple of hours. For a half day or more, there are far better options.

They do have a web site that you can check out for yourself

Very easy to take the public bus or cab to Horseshoe Bay Beach. I also remember the little beach at Kings Wharf having a charge. I think they also had one of those dolphin encounter things there too...you really do need to get out and about.

We enjoyed doing the glass bottom boat tour which we just booked at the pier. The boat ride is cool and you really got to see quite a bit.

OH MY GOODNESS. Please do not go to BERMUDA and stay in port. Get the bus pass and go to Horseshoe Bay. Very inexpensive.

Snorkel Park has an admission fee and not a very nice beach. Unless there is a mobility issue, I see no reason that you can spend $$$$ to go on a cruise and not take the bus to the most BEAUTIFUL BEACH IN THE WORLD.

First time in Bermuda,just wondering if there is a nice beach within walking distance?We would like to rent a beach lounge and umbrella and relax on the beach all day.If not any recommendations,what beach Is it best? :)

You can buy the bus passes right outside the ship in the small visitors center. They have single day passes and multi-day passes. We were there for 3 days and purchased the 3 day pass. Took the bus one day to the other side of the island. Very pretty. The beach next to the dock is not very nice. At Horseshoe you can walk to a different part, a very pretty cove (can't remember the name) quiet and not crowded.

You have travelled all the way to Bermuda and I am not going to let you do that.

Buy a one day bus pass at the port and go over to the South Shore beaches. Horseshoe Bay is the best known, but the others are nice too, as well as being less crowded.

Thanks for the help cruise crittic seems like Horseshoe beach is the way to go.Now that we know there is a bus at the port.Thanks again. :)

Horseshoe Bay Beach is beautiful! The transportation passes cover the busses and the ferries. Public transportation is good in Bermuda. The one thing you want to remember is that the school children use the busses for transportation to and from school. During those times of day, busses will be crowded.

Here is a link to the bus schedules:

http://environment.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=252&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

Here is a link to the ferry schedules: http://www.seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202014.pdf

Mary Anne

• 3 weeks later...

This is our first trip to Bermuda....question, we have our own snorkeling gear, is there decent sorkeling right at the beach and can we use our own gear? We are beach people so we will use the public transportation and try to see several of the beaches but would like beaches that have chair rentals, bathrooms etc

Since we're talking about beaches here - what do folks think of Shelly Bay Beach? It's suggested as a good one for younger children because it's shallow and has a playground nearby. But I'm hoping it's a pretty beach, too, and also that it has at least a concession stand? Horseshoe is so pretty of course, so I'm tempted by it.

Since we're talking about beaches here - what do folks think of Shelly Bay Beach? It's suggested as a good one for younger children because it's shallow and has a playground nearby. But I'm hoping it's a pretty beach, too, and also that it has at least a concession stand? Horseshoe is so pretty of course, so I'm tempted by it.

It's been reported that the concession stand and rest rooms were destroyed in a storm a few years ago.

Also it's very close to a busy road so there can be traffic noise.

Thanks for the website. Love it!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

This is our first trip to Bermuda....question, we have our own snorkeling gear, is there decent sorkeling right at the beach and can we use our own gear? We are beach people so we will use the public transportation and try to see several of the beaches but would like beaches that have chair rentals, bathrooms etc

Tobacco Bay near St. George's is a beach favored by snorkelers and has concessions and restrooms.

we are making a return trip to bermuda this september:D

our most favorite island

I found a site that is chocked full of info, from shops, eats, ferry/bus runs, tours, beaches snorkels, just about anything on bermuda.

that was made by a local living on bermuda, way better than the official web travel site

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/

plus if you have a question, just ask Raj through the site.

I did and got an answer in 2-3 days after he researched the question for me;)

Tobacco Bay near St. George's is a beach favored by snorkelers and has concessions and restrooms.

Are there any places at or near Tobacco Bay to rent snorkel gear? If so, do you know how much they cost?

Edited by football4life76