Rebooking with new buy one get one 1/2 off deal

Just had both of my B2B cruises adjusted. I did lose an early booking discount, but the final price is still lower. For the B2B, I saved $1,750 (875 pp.).

Your port charges and taxes might change. Mine did.

Here's what confused me: When you go to the RCI web site and do a dummy booking, the first page will show you the price per guest for that category of staterooms. When you go to the next page and click on the explanation of charges, you have to add both base fares together and then subtract the discount on the second guest to come up with the base fare on the first page.

For future references, if the base fare drops, you can get a reduction, but make sure your total cost will be lower as you do lose the discount if you apply a price drop at a later date.

Could be a bogus restricted discount code. When I called, on the first reservation the C&A rep told me there was a discount code already applied. We then went through all of the possible combinations - she actually read off the entire list - she determined that there weren't any restrictions, and she adjusted the price. The other two were easy after that. I've noticed that on all of my 2015 bookings there was paragraph that showed up on the reservation screen that read like I had a military or police discount applied, even though I am neither of those categories.

I would have them check what they're seeing before giving up on the discount

My TA got the discount. She just kept calling back until she got someone who said yes. Saved over $1200 on two cruises!

My TA got the discount. She just kept calling back until she got someone who said yes. Saved over $1200 on two cruises!

Hey Bob, did your TA have to cancel and rebook? I just talked with mine (who is also calling Royal now) and she said that's how they do it - cancel and rebook. I ask because it seems like some folks here on CC are just calling Royal (or their TA) and asking for the discount and getting it applied to a previous booking without cancelling.

Edited by joepeka

Hey Bob, did your TA have to cancel and rebook? I just talked with mine (who is also calling Royal now) and she said that's how they do it - cancel and rebook.

No cancel and rebooking for our cruises. We have the same booking numbers and the same OBC from Next Cruise certificates.

No cancel and rebooking for our cruises. We have the same booking numbers and the same OBC from Next Cruise certificates.

Thanks Bob. I have my TA working on it so hopefully I will get some good news from her tomorrow morning. :)

Was starting to get worried when you of all people were one of the few who was having issues in getting the promo applied. With those savings you could book another cruise.:)

Hey Bob, did your TA have to cancel and rebook? I just talked with mine (who is also calling Royal now) and she said that's how they do it - cancel and rebook. I ask because it seems like some folks here on CC are just calling Royal (or their TA) and asking for the discount and getting it applied to a previous booking without cancelling.

Not Bob, but dis not have to cancel and rebook. Kept my OBC for booking on board another ship

I must be missing something. When I went online to look at a couple cruises it raised the base price on both so that when the bogo 50% discount hit my price actually went up. I fail to see how this is a deal. For example, a $636 cruise was raised to $849 so I paid $213 more for the first person and $212 less for the second person which meant my cruise was $1 more. Wow what a steal- not.

Was starting to get worried when you of all people were one of the few who was having issues in getting the promo applied. With those savings you could book another cruise.:)

I guess my TA initially got someone who wasn't up with what was going on. These cruises that are covered by the promo are way far out, so anyone can cancel and rebook. Some us us would lose OBC from Next Cruise certificates, but I'd gladly lose $150 OBC for an $800 price drop. It makes sense that Royal just gives the price drop on existing bookings.

I am sure you can. May not save you any money.

Our family of 4 is sailing in August (7 nights NOS), and we have two rooms reserved (Balcony D2 and Interior N). We booked a month or so ago on the kids are free promotion for $3060. Just priced this promotion and the price is $3471 for the same rooms.

I must be missing something. When I went online to look at a couple cruises it raised the base price on both so that when the bogo 50% discount hit my price actually went up. I fail to see how this is a deal. For example, a $636 cruise was raised to $849 so I paid $213 more for the first person and $212 less for the second person which meant my cruise was $1 more. Wow what a steal- not.

It just depends on the ship and the date. Our 2015 cruise actually went up too, but we were able to obtain a $229 per week savings on our 2016 B2B - this is for the same ship, Jewel out of San Juan.

Just called and saved another $316 on our 2015 Serenade B2B. Did not have to re-book, they just applied the buy 1 get the 2nd 1/2 off discount to the existing booking. All together with four other price drops since booking last year, I've saved $1,055. :cool:

Saved $1k here. Plus kept my NCC OBC and diamond balcony discount.

Same here, except for the Diamond balcony discount, as I don't qualify for that one.

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

I was away from home all day & couldn't check the boards. Just after I walked in,

the cruise agent called to say he saved us big bucks today & for me to look for new paperwork. When DH & I looked at them, we had just saved right at

$5000!!! We book JS' s and we had booked two B2B's for 2015 & 1 for 2016.

To say we're happy doesn't even reach how excited we are.

Yea for Royal Caribbean!

I am sure you can. May not save you any money.

Our family of 4 is sailing in August (7 nights NOS), and we have two rooms reserved (Balcony D2 and Interior N). We booked a month or so ago on the kids are free promotion for $3060. Just priced this promotion and the price is $3471 for the same rooms.

This sale is for 2015. The one you got is for 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I found " Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada." in the fine print :(.

No love for the europeans... :D

Amazingly, we here in Australia have received the BOGO 50% off email as well.

1) South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand cruises for 2014/2015 season.

2) Worldwide excluding Quantum & Anthem departing from 1.1.2015

When I did a dummy booking, prices worked out about the same as the New Year Specials I've already booked so happy with that!

Gae

Not all cruises will benefit from the savings with the 50% second person promo.

Our Oct 2015 Jewel has a low rate and the rates have sky rocketed since we booked about a month ago so the promo did us no good at all.

We did save over 700 dollars on our Alaska cruise even with a slightly higher rate making it worth it to use the promo.

So as I see it, In the end it just depends on your original rate! :)

a lot of royal carib people here are saving a LOT of money and thats awesome but at the end of the day its still expensive.

ive never cruised when the average daily was over $50pp.

carnival - 8 day was $400, 7 was $350

you can say its because it was carnival but im going on royal VOS for 4 days, $225. it was B1G1. this deal isnt that good. ill wait.

im looking for something on oasis/allure or FOS for $50+ a day. theyre all over 100.

anyone use a site like cruises .com or straight to royal.com? whats a perk of a TA? never used 1, ever.

Edited by vnyislesv