WOW $ Off promotion?

Is this promo going to be going on for a few days? We need to get our ducks in a row for the actual date. Wonder if you can switch it to another date later on?

It's good through the end of May

I think in the fine print you cannot switch cruises after you book. Not 100% sure but I think thats what I read.

I can see the savings when I went through and did a trial booking. Some great deals out there. Can't wait to book one in the next week.

Steph

and saved $500.88 total on my cruise, but lost the prepaid gratuities for the both of us and a $50.00 on board credit given by the TA company. Still thought it was worth the call. :D

I think in the fine print you cannot switch cruises after you book. Not 100% sure but I think thats what I read.

I can see the savings when I went through and did a trial booking. Some great deals out there. Can't wait to book one in the next week.

Steph

You can switch, but once the promo ends (May 31?), you won't be able to keep the 50% off the second guest.

This wow sale isn't that great. I booked a cruise for January 2015 and the price was cheaper then than it is now ven with the half off second person. Now, if they let me get half off the second person on my original reservation, now that would be great.

This must be my lucky day! Not only did my husband and I save almost $500 on our Oct. 2015 Grandeur sailing, but somebody answered on the first ring and I didn't even have the long hold time I was braced for.

Those with existing bookings are making out on this deal but looking at new bookings there is something fishy going on. Gives you one price when you sign into the website and it changes and goes up if you enter a C&A number. Price of 1st person jumps substantially and 2nd person is half of that. Take out the C&A number and you get standard rates. Rates are same for both person and total is exactly the same as the supposed 50% off promotion to the penny. In short, there is no deal. Did this on multiple cruises and its exactly the same cost in the end.:mad:

i tried this too and it said 419 then when i selected the cabin, it says 599 per person and the 50 percent off the second, so not sure if its a bait and switch or what.

Sorry - I am cutting and pasting a post I started. I really wanted some feedback from some of the people on this post.

It sounds like everyone is saving so much money.

I just priced out an interior L cabin on Liberty 10 Night cruise in May 2015. It goes to Bermuda & Eastern Caribbean. For 2 with taxes and port fee's the total is 2256.00.

Does this sound like a good deal? Sometimes with the sales the prices get inflated and I didn't have this cruise priced out before the sale started.

I appreciate your feedback.

I had 2 people respond to my other post and they both thought this was not such a great deal, especially for an interior cabin.

Yes, you must contact your travel agency and ask for them to check for a lower price on your 2015 cruises. The promotion only applies to cruises that start in 2015 and 2016.

Only good to US & Canada citizens.

I booked a JS on the Liberty for May 2015 2 weeks ago. Called my TA and we saved $1260 on the JS and only lost $100 OBC thru the TA. It is like hitting the lottery.

Hi Redsox04 - what sailing are you on in May? How much did you pay for 2 in a JS? Unless the prices have went up since you made your changes shouldn't I be able to get the same price?

Thanks for your help.

I booked a 14 day cruise out of Sydney for Feb 5, 2015. Got an aft cabin. About 3 weeks ago I seen where the priced droped. Call my TA and he got me $503.00 off. That made me happy. Today I was checking the price again and seen where it droped again. Call my TA and he was out of town. I talked to one of the other TA there and now I get an E-mail saying they got me another $574.00 off for a savings of $1077.00. The airfair cost more then the trip. 14 day cruise for only $2,912.00. Now that is a big WOW:o

ok i called just now the advertised price say 419 per person is with the discount already before taxes :mad:

What ship, what cabin category, what dates, how long is the cruise? That sounds like a good deal to me even not knowing any of that information.

What ship, what cabin category, what dates, how long is the cruise? That sounds like a good deal to me even not knowing any of that information.

yeah its not a bad deal ,i just thought it was 419 pp and then 50 percent off passanger #2 plus taxes.

Grandeur of the seas 8 nights oct 24th 2015 interior room of course at that price.

Oh...! In this case for me it's only the 3rd cruise (5days) but maybe I will try and ask to agency.

Ciao and thanks again.

Please have your agency check all your cruises as we just had a reduction in price for a cruise at the end of this year. It was not as great a sale as 2015 sailings but have them check anyways.

Edited by ShipRiders

The half off the second person resulted in a $100 INCREASE from the price we paid two months ago. They increased the base fare by over $300 per person, took away the residency discount of $200, then took off $700 for guest #2. Great sale.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

The half off the second person resulted in a $100 INCREASE from the price we paid two months ago. They increased the base fare by over $300 per person, took away the residency discount of $200, then took off $700 for guest #2. Great sale.

I feel better now. I called about our other reservation and saved $350.

yeah they just jacked up the base fare to make up for the 50 percent off the #2 fare. its like when stores do a half off sale but jack up the original price first. sneaky

yeah they just jacked up the base fare to make up for the 50 percent off the #2 fare. its like when stores do a half off sale but jack up the original price first. sneaky

I was sceptical too. Not Now. Nothing sneaky about it at all because in my pocket is a savings of $2545.00 on all of my existing bookings.

Thank you cruise critic for letting us know about the program and for the advice on how to get the best results for our overall savings. Well done cruise mates. Not a scam, it is the real deal. Got the new documents with the new lower prices in my hands. :p

Oh and all the OBC is still there! Well done RCI

Edited by Larry5440

Do you have to rebook or do you get original price that we booked prior to this sale if I must rebook it isn't a good deal because price has increased but if we get original price then it's a deal