Share Your BOGO Deals

We had a PR booked on Explorer for one of the Southern Caribbean sailings next February. We had booked at 899/person, and the sale got us into an E1 aft balcony for 996/person. Plus, we got our C&A balcony discount, so it basically cost us $100 to upgrade. When we booked, the price difference between PR and D1 was more like $1000.

And DH has been dying to go on Oasis, but the price difference between her and Freedom was always prohibitive. Just yesterday, we booked a boardwalk balcony with a great view of the aquatheater for just under $1000/person in April, 2016. We paid $1300 this February for a balcony on Freedom.

So yeah, I'm a big fan of this sale. :)

On March 15th I booked 2 adjoining inside cabins on an 11 night pre-cruise cruisetour (4B) for July 13, 2015. The cost then was $9605.96.

Our TA sent new invoices to us yesterday and the total is now $7975.96. $1630 less!

That counts as savings in my book.

Still not feeling it...

The price acrually jumps during the mock booking.

Balcony price is $1071.50 pp at the point that you select your cabin. After cabin selection, you then enter the info of the party of two and it jumps a $358.50 to a new price of $1429 pp. Reviewing the summary, you get a 1/2 price on the 2nd person of the price $1429 pp, which equates to $715.

So... while it indicates a savings of $715, the overall cost of still more than the same cruise on the same date of our last cruise. I see no savings whatsoever.

I'll keep looking though.

I feel the same way about it. We are already booked at $3399 p/p. When you go to book with the BOGOHO, the price jumps to $4299 p/p. If we re-priced it today with the sale, we would save about $400. It would have been an $840 savings if I had been able to call on May 1. :rolleyes:

I just can't bring myself to re book something that expensive for a sale price that I don't understand.

The cruise is a year away, and something that works for us (discount wise) may come along. :)

Edited by Coralc

I'm not sure where all the confusion is. A savings is a savings! I'll be checking mine all month for price drops. For me m, even a $100 savings is worth 5-30 minutes on the phone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you snag a great deal? Share here.....

I was disappointed lately by royal's offerings, but I just booked an 8 day norwegian fjord cruise out of Southampton for $1000 pp (after D discount). This was even for a D1 balcony.

I think it's a good deal because anything out of Southampton is usually really expensive, plus it's a fjords cruise!

This is cheaper than booking a hotel room in Norway for two people (I have one booked for Oslo this summer and it is over $100pp per night).

This was cheaper than my summer allure cruise to the boring caribbean.

And, I was planning a driving vacation throughout England, Wales, and Scotland next summer. So this puts me in England during the time I want to be there! Excited!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just booked this same cruise today! My DH really wanted to see London, and I really wanted to do the fjords cruise, so this was a perfect option for us! I think I booked a D1 too, but I'm not positive. I was having a hard time figuring out the categories. I finally just told them which cabin I wanted.

I'm not sure where all the confusion is. A savings is a savings! I'll be checking mine all month for price drops. For me m, even a $100 savings is worth 5-30 minutes on the phone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well that's really all you can do, since the T&C's state that you are not eligible for future price changes, residency, senior, etc. rates.

I will check too, but if it doesn't get back to the initial savings, we'll pass for now. :)

And I can't stay on hold that long during work hours....one of the few times we've missed having a TA. :D

I booked a grand suite for my sister and I for 1999 per person

about a month ago. Then the price went up to 2199 per person

about 2 weeks later. Even with the higher price they went with

for the bogo we still saved 350 per person. 1650 per person for

a grand suite is sweet in my opinion.:)

In my opinion, if you are not adding balcony discount etc and just want an inside room. This deal is amazing!! Maybe I am wrong but no matter the ship or month the prices for me are lower with the 50% offer than ever before

My second leg of my b2b on the Oasis had a large jump, making the Deal more expensive than my first leg, which dropped 300. Got the deal on one, and left the second leg alone.

I just booked this same cruise today! My DH really wanted to see London, and I really wanted to do the fjords cruise, so this was a perfect option for us! I think I booked a D1 too, but I'm not positive. I was having a hard time figuring out the categories. I finally just told them which cabin I wanted.

Awesome!! Hopefully we can chat on a M&M thread :)

Well that's really all you can do, since the T&C's state that you are not eligible for future price changes, residency, senior, etc. rates.

I will check too, but if it doesn't get back to the initial savings, we'll pass for now. :)

And I can't stay on hold that long during work hours....one of the few times we've missed having a TA. :D

Well, I see that about future discounts. However, if you are out of final payment and see a price drop then you can just cancel and rebook. So it would make sense to get the lower price now and then just keep watching.

Well, I see that about future discounts. However, if you are out of final payment and see a price drop then you can just cancel and rebook. So it would make sense to get the lower price now and then just keep watching.

Unfortunately some of us can't JUST CANCEL and re-book. This is a Next Cruise booking which also has an additional $400 in OBC attached to it from a cancelled Rhapsody cruise.

I know you would like this to be a happy, hunky-dory thread :D But is not quite as simple as you are making it out to be.

I will drop out so you can keep everything in Pollyanna land. :D:):D

Edited by Coralc

Unfortunately some of us can't JUST CANCEL and re-book. This is a Next Cruise booking which also has an additional $400 in OBC attached to it from a cancelled Rhapsody cruise.

I know you would like this to be a happy, hunky-dory thread :D But is not quite as simple as you are making it out to be.

Not sure I understand. We re-priced three 2015 cruises, and all of them originated with Next Cruise certificates. We didn't have to cancel any of them, and the original OBC remained in tact on all three. Not trying to be Pollyanna-ish, but I must be missing something here.

We just booked Oasis for next summer and saved $967. However, basing it off of the prices before the price hike it's more like a $600 savings. Either way though we are excited to be sailing Oasis for the fist time.

There would be no need to cancel and rebook later if you found a better price. The terms and conditions do not exclude you from making any further changes to your booking if a better rate comes along they only state that the BOBOHO fare will be removed from the booking. This is just so that people know that they can't get the lower rate for pax 1 and keep the BOGOHO rate for Pax 2.

*Offer applies to sailings departing Jan 1, 2015–Apr. 30, 2016; all stateroom categories. Cruise must be booked May 1-31, 2014 (the “Offer Period”). Offer provides for 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits. Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates. Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests. After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new individual and named group bookings only. Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2014 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

†Awarded by Travel Weekly readers

Not sure I understand. We re-priced three 2015 cruises, and all of them originated with Next Cruise certificates. We didn't have to cancel any of them, and the original OBC remained in tact on all three. Not trying to be Pollyanna-ish, but I must be missing something here.

Because we can't cancel and rebook the cruise orv. This was a rebuttal to sea ofwonders previous post. We've already moved it twice because of the Rhapsody cancellation. We can't cancel at all and rebook it as she so blithely suggested.

And because we can only cruise once a year from CA, we have nothing to move it to.

We could re-price the cruise, but the savings at this point aren't worth it, and have been greatly diminished by the fare increase.. I know we would keep other benefits intact if we chose to do so.

I only have 2 booked cruises eligible. Anthem not eligible. Serenade in 2016 (10 nights) got a D-1AFT for $2,000 TOTAL for the cabin, including taxes. On top of that, got $200 OBC from the TA, dinner for 2 at spec. rest, and $150 OBC for the Next Cruise Cert. Price included $350 D+ balcony discount.

We paid this much last year for a 7-nighter on the Freedom and only got $50 OBC so we are very happy.

Edited by OTownNick

Because we can't cancel and rebook the cruise orv. This was a rebuttal to sea ofwonders previous post. We've already moved it twice because of the Rhapsody cancellation. We can't cancel at all and rebook it as she so blithely suggested.

And because we can only cruise once a year from CA, we have nothing to move it to.

We could re-price the cruise, but the savings at this point aren't worth it, and have been greatly diminished by the fare increase.. I know we would keep other benefits intact if we chose to do so.

I'm not trying to keep things "polyanna-ish." Clearly, you have a unique situation that most cruisers don't. Had you said "I personally can't rebook because of my unique situation" then nothing further would have been said.

For the other 99%, it is very easy to cancel and rebook. Even with a NCC, you would just lose the $100 OBC, which may be less than any potential savings.

There would be no need to cancel and rebook later if you found a better price. The terms and conditions do not exclude you from making any further changes to your booking if a better rate comes along they only state that the BOBOHO fare will be removed from the booking. This is just so that people know that they can't get the lower rate for pax 1 and keep the BOGOHO rate for Pax 2.

*Offer applies to sailings departing Jan 1, 2015–Apr. 30, 2016; all stateroom categories. Cruise must be booked May 1-31, 2014 (the “Offer Period”). Offer provides for 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits. Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates. Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests. After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new individual and named group bookings only. Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2014 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

†Awarded by Travel Weekly readers

Good point. If the total price is lower, then you should be able to get that lower price. All that matters is the final price after taxes/port fees.

We currently have a cruise with over 1K credit from Royal and we've received multiple price drops all while retaining the credit and the OBC from a NCC and our TA benefits.

I'm not trying to keep things "polyanna-ish." Clearly, you have a unique situation that most cruisers don't. Had you said "I personally can't rebook because of my unique situation" then nothing further would have been said.

For the other 99%, it is very easy to cancel and rebook. Even with a NCC, you would just lose the $100 OBC, which may be less than any potential savings.

I said I would I would bow out. I lied. Please don't tell me what "I should have said. " :rolleyes: And let's just leave it at that please.

I notice some people here are getting the special for Alaska cruises. When I do an online booking, the special isn't coming up for Alaska. Is this special for Diamond and above only? We are Emerald.

I notice some people here are getting the special for Alaska cruises. When I do an online booking, the special isn't coming up for Alaska. Is this special for Diamond and above only? We are Emerald.

What date are you looking for?

I'll check to see if I can see it for you