Pre Cruise Hotel Ft. Lauderdale

Hello, we are flying into Miami in November for our cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale and are thinking of changing our hotel reservation from Miami to be nearer the port the following day.

If anyone has any recommendations for a hotel, would be lovely to here from you.

Many thanks

K&A:)

Edited by North&South

We have stayed many, many times at the Embassy Suites over the years.

Full complimentary breakfast. Free complimentary managers cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30.

The Harbor Shops are right behind the hotel -- restaurants, wine shop, Publix for anything you may have forgotten.

I'd have to say Embassy suites on 17th too. Originally I wasn't overly impressed with it but I stayed at the Hyatt Place based on info I've seen here. It was likely one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in the last few years. It was more like a motel 6 than a Hyatt.

You can also look at Hyatt Place North which is min. from Embassy Suites and if you book on Valuetrips.com will run about $129 in Nov.

Both hotels are close to restaurants and last minute shopping at Harbor Shops including the Total Wine store. And both are popular with cruisers for one night stays. Only a $12 cab ride or so to the port. Don't bother with shuttles if offered.

You can also look at Hyatt Place North which is min. from Embassy Suites and if you book on Valuetrips.com will run about $129 in Nov.

Both hotels are close to restaurants and last minute shopping at Harbor Shops including the Total Wine store. And both are popular with cruisers for one night stays. Only a $12 cab ride or so to the port. Don't bother with shuttles if offered.

See my post #6. I wouldn't stay there again if the hotel was $12. Location was good and that is it.

Totally disagree with your opinion of the Hyatt. We have stayed there twice and found it to be fine. Not crazy about the breakfast, but great cruises on the Maasdam and Noordam took care of the food problem. We took the shuttle both times and enjoyed of the folks who joined us. The Embassy is a good choice too, but we like the Hyatt.

Edited by boards

Totally disagree with your opinion of the Hyatt. We have stayed there twice and found it to be fine. Not crazy about the breakfast, but great cruises on the Maasdam and Noordam took care of the food problem. We took the shuttle both times and enjoyed of the folks who joined us. The Embassy is a good choice too, but we like the Hyatt.

My toilet handle was broken first thing it the morning. Not cool. There was a crack in it so why not repair it before it causes problems? I had to wait until someone came into work to fix it. The remote control was also broken. The breakfast was just nasty. I bought a muffin and fruit to eat from publix on the second day. In my mind that is not a good hotel. I would not want to take that risk if I was the OP but that is their decision. I just like them to have any info that's available.

Does anyone know what the Embassy suites cost in November, and do they have a view?

I would go to their website and try to book it. I'm also looking for November 14 - 16 and they want $250 a night. Pretty high. The room I had there had a beautiful view of the parking lot or something similar. I'm looking at booking the riverside now for $179 a night.

I would go to their website and try to book it. I'm also looking for November 14 - 16 and they want $250 a night. Pretty high. The room I had there had a beautiful view of the parking lot or something similar. I'm looking at booking the riverside now for $179 a night.

What a difference a few days make. I booked for Nov 9 and 10 at $151.00 awhile ago and see it's $159 now but $250 a few days later? Wow.

I think that particular Embasy Suites is OFTEN overpriced. However because it is close to the port, lots of cruisers like to book it. Personally I find the location on a very busy street pretty boring. We would MUCH rather stay at one of the hotels on/across from the beach. (Look at pricing at Bahia Mar in the tower rooms for great views at a moderate priced hotel.)

Head over to the Florida deprtures board and you will find so much helpful info.

Edited by eandj

Why? Good view? Transfers? Great room? Great price?

Riverside had very nice rooms, was a short walk to shops and restaurants and the water taxi.

Hyatt Pier 66 has great views of the port and the ships and a water taxi stop right on the property.

I have a room booked at Embassy Suites in November, at $179 per night, senior pricing. I booked about 3 months ago, so maybe lead time has something to do with getting the lower rate. Even when we've paid more, we like that we're not forking out $40 per day for breakfast at the hotel - like we've had to at a couple of the others.

I have a room booked at Embassy Suites in November, at $179 per night, senior pricing. I booked about 3 months ago, so maybe lead time has something to do with getting the lower rate. Even when we've paid more, we like that we're not forking out $40 per day for breakfast at the hotel - like we've had to at a couple of the others.

To be honest I'd rather pay for my breakfast and get what I want. I had brekie at the Embassy suites and they didn't have regular coffee ready. That is cruel and unusual punishment:D. I also don't like standing in huge lines just because it's free. My comfort is worth more to me than money and no I'm not rich.

Riverside had very nice rooms, was a short walk to shops and restaurants and the water taxi.

Yes. Riverside is located on Las Olas Blvd. Nice for a one night stay because of the little shops and restaurants available right outside the hotel. (see site below) Book the rooms in the "newer" bldg to get a nice view and more updated rooms. Riverside is a taste of Old South Florida which is apparent in the public rooms. Pretty atmosphere. Easy couple block walk to the water taxi if interested.

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Riverside doesn't provide free shuttle service from aiarport or to port. Cabs less than $20 to and from either.

Edited by eandj