The Sea Called...We Answered! Our Week Onboard the Oasis 4/26-5/3...Western Caribbea

We sat at the bar for a few minutes to let the fact that we were finally on vacation set in! It was a few minutes before 1 when we headed to our cabin. We knew what to expect with our cabin since we had it before but walking into your cabin for the first time is always exciting.

We quickly threw on our bathing suits and headed out to the beach pool to relax in the sun and enjoy some tropical drinks before the Muster drill.

DE9D2770-13A0-4B26-BA91-074A75A79535_zpsi90dongb.jpg

I think that pool is where I want to hang out the most. Did you experience excessive chair-hogging or were you able to consistently get chairs where you wanted and when or at least close? Great photos!

I love the beach pool too--but you can't put anything on the ground--the water sloshes out and your flip flops float away!

We also went in that pool with the kids one night late and it was very neat to be in warm salt water at night--can't wait for July!

I love the beach pool too--but you can't put anything on the ground--the water sloshes out and your flip flops float away!

We also went in that pool with the kids one night late and it was very neat to be in warm salt water at night--can't wait for July!

That was my concern also my bag isn't water proof. Guess you have to keep it on the chair with you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to you review. My DH and I are contemplating either Allure or Oasis for our wedding anniversary next March.

I'd love to hear more about the process that led you to make your final cabin choice. Was the cabin you finally chose a connecting cabin? Any noise from the cabins nearby? Any problem with your oceanview? (specifically if there were lifeboats in view when you looked down to the ocean)

Can't wait to hear more of your trip.

Kathy

Yes it was a connecting cabin and we never heard our neighbors. We never even noticed the connecting door because it was perfectly placed across from the bathroom door. We did have the lifeboats directly underneath us but unless you lean on the balcony and look down you won't see it. That was a concern of mine too but we were more than pleased. We started in a interior when we booked and moved around between boardwalk, Central Park, and ocean view balconies. Some were a guarantee and some where a set cabin. I would check multiple times a day for price drops. At final payment we were booked in a Central Park balcony, the one next to the living wall that actually has a double balcony. A few days later the price of the ocean view balcony dropped and we paid the difference to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have wanted to take my wife on Oasis since it came out. We cruise whenever we can and have to save to for each that we do take. Until this most recent RCI promo Oasis has been out of our budget. I have seen so many wonderful CC reviews and pictures the past 5 years. Unknown to her, today I booked a cruise on Oasis for next August. I got a balcony overlooking Central Park for $615pp and our TA had perks giving us $150 OBC and dinner for 2 in Chops Grille which she loves.

I am so looking forward to seeing her face light up when I tell her about it. We are in our 40's and 50's but still young at heart. I can't wait to ride the zip line and the carousel that was made here in Ohio near where we live. :D:

So excited for u guys! I'm sure your wife is going to be thrilled when you tell her. It's crazy to see an actual carousel on a ship!

Very get out there!!! Fantastic pictures. Just love your step by steps. We are in a CP balcony will my cabin look like yours? You said you changed for the pool was your luggage in your cabin by 1? Or did you bring it in your carry on bags? Can't wait to hear the rest!

Yes your cabin will look the same except your bed may be near the closet instead of the balcony but it all depends on the cabin. We did pack our bathing suits in our carry ons so we didn't have to wait but our luggage did arrive pretty early probably around 2ish. Thanks for following!

Great review! We were on Oasis in 2012 and again in a few weeks. Is the desk top outlets new? I know we didn't have them last time. In 2012 we were in a balcony over the Boardwalk. Now we are in an ocean view balcony.

The desk top outlet would be a great plus.

Thanks.

I know on the allure the outlets were underneath the desktop. I preferred them on top of the desk it was more convenient that way.

Do they seat you at the Windjammer? They did on our Allure cruise last year and found it very helpful

The few times we did go to the Windjammer the only time they were seating people was disembarkment morning.

I think that pool is where I want to hang out the most. Did you experience excessive chair-hogging or were you able to consistently get chairs where you wanted and when or at least close? Great photos!

To get a seat at the beach pool you had to be there around 7-730 in the morning. The solarium we found always had an available seat. The other pools I can't really speak of cause we never sat by them.

Day 1: Muster Drill & Sail Away

Around 2:30 I ran down to our cabin and found our luggage waiting outside our cabin. I did the "Yeah our luggage made it on the ship without getting lost" happy dance and dragged it into our stateroom. I ran back up to the pool deck to tell DH about the luggage and to squeeze in some extra sun time before muster. Disclaimer: running up and down a "few" decks on an Oasis class is very different than doing that on a smaller class even for those in tip top shape lol.

The Muster Drill was scheduled for 4:30 so around 3:45 we headed back to our cabin to unpack our luggage. Within 15 minutes from being in our cabin our cabin attendant came knocking on our door telling us we had to leave right away for the drill. I asked why so soon and she told me we had to go ahead of time before the alarm sounded. We located our muster station on the back of our cabin door which stated we would be gathering in the Opus Dining Room deck 5. This class of ship has the most organized muster drill in the fleet. Once you arrive to your station, after being directed there by crew, a crew member will greet you and scan your sea pass card. No writing down cabin numbers or counting heads. Life jackets are kept at the muster station. Once everyone was seated the alarm sounded. 7 short blasts followed by 1 long. We then watched a video on the tv screens located on the dining room walls. The video was of the captain describing what would happen in a real emergency. Those tv screens then turn into virtual artwork when the video was over.

After muster we decided to head back to our cabin to watch sail away from our balcony. We had 6:15 reservations at Chops so we had to start getting ready as well. We waited and waited for the horn to blow, but it never came. The Liberty of the Seas though had a blast blasting

theirs!

Liberty headed out first followed by us. The Independence, we had found out, was waiting on a single piece of luggage to load on to the ship and it caused a delay in their departure.

Views from our balcony

09D901E0-22EA-4E9E-A90E-C2D736AD738A_zpsqrxf08q3.jpg

B04C49A0-B6A6-4413-B3B1-48EF293A4380_zpsia4wzdrb.jpg

imagejpg12_zps09359435.jpg

imagejpg9_zps50e2d8c2.jpg

imagejpg10_zps180ebc71.jpg

Up Next: Chops & Hairspray

Following!!! We are on OOTS for Western route in just under 2 weeks, cannot wait!!! Your review is getting off to a great start!

We are cruising with our daughters, 6 and 8, and it will be their first cruise ever. My wife and I have been on 3 other cruises with RCCL, but never on Oasis. So your review will help us figure out the 'must do' activities!

Perfect!! Where are the life vests stored? You don't bring it with you? Are any people out on the decks for the drill?

Life vests are stored near the life boats.

To get a seat at the beach pool you had to be there around 7-730 in the morning. The solarium we found always had an available seat. The other pools I can't really speak of cause we never sat by them.

Thank you. That is what I figured and those are the two pools I'll probably use most, though I may swim laps at some point. I love your photos. Was there a chair hogging problem?

Not trying to be negative, the one thing I Don't like about the Solarium is that it's so blasted hot with all the glass surrounding it.

Agree! We did pick and choose the days and times to go in there because of that issue. We always managed to get a seat close to the glass because they have sliding windows u can open and get a breeze.

Perfect!! Where are the life vests stored? You don't bring it with you? Are any people out on the decks for the drill?

There was a closet full of life vests at our muster station.

Following!!! We are on OOTS for Western route in just under 2 weeks, cannot wait!!! Your review is getting off to a great start!

We are cruising with our daughters, 6 and 8, and it will be their first cruise ever. My wife and I have been on 3 other cruises with RCCL, but never on Oasis. So your review will help us figure out the 'must do' activities!

That's awesome! I bet your family is so excited : ). Your daughters will be given wristbands by the adventure ocean staff at the pier to wear all week.

Thank you. That is what I figured and those are the two pools I'll probably use most, though I may swim laps at some point. I love your photos. Was there a chair hogging problem?

The sports pool early in the morning offers lap swimming. The pool staff was strict when it came to chair hogging.

Day 1: Chops & Hairspray

We headed into Central Park around 6:15 for dinner at Chops. On all of our cruises we have never dined at Chops. For one reason or the other we never got around to it but with all the talk on CC about the old and new menus I was kind of curious. Also I figured if we weren't crazy about the food the atmosphere would make up for it. Well my DH and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

imagejpg1_zps9288e98c.jpg

2906507B-63C3-43AA-AED1-DBF157B224D1_zpss8sauezk.jpg

A view from our table. We tried to dine alfresco as much as we could throughout the cruise!

I did enough homework before boarding to know the ship still carried the "old menu".

F41D1550-5939-48C3-804C-A956E834C25A_zpsfinjz212.jpg

1E637F03-D39F-48BD-9974-B74134F89C22_zpsojky8cge.jpg

FC8FCD3A-7633-44DC-BA75-B647969AEC14_zps4dzzeabw.jpg