La Reserve

DaisyUK

I know that I cannot make restaurant reservations in a PHS until 75 days out, but what about La Reserve? Is it possible to book this in advance of the 75 days, or at least find out which evenings are allocated?

I know that I cannot make restaurant reservations in a PHS until 75 days out, but what about La Reserve? Is it possible to book this in advance of the 75 days, or at least find out which evenings are allocated?

La Reserve won't be open for every evening of your Cruise, but as soon as their schedule is announced (check the Cruise Planner page on the Oceania Site to see what that schedule will be) any passenger may book reservations immediately.

Payment is due at the time of reservation.

La Reserve won't be open for every evening of your Cruise, but as soon as their schedule is announced (check the Cruise Planner page on the Oceania Site to see what that schedule will be) any passenger may book reservations immediately.

Payment is due at the time of reservation.

Thank you. I cannot find any reference to La Reserve's schedule on Oceania's site, so maybe I am too early (for an early August sailing).

Thank you. I cannot find any reference to La Reserve's schedule on Oceania's site, so maybe I am too early (for an early August sailing).

You need to log in to ALREADY BOOKED then Add an Already Booked Cruise to your Profile

click on Manage your cruise then under Onboard Options click La Reserve

It will be listed there

Edited by LHT28

It was listed last time I looked, Daisy. We're on the same cruise and I was able to find it on the UK site several weeks ago. There were, I think, 3 evenings available in the early part of the cruise. It may be that they have already been booked. I was tempted but I think I'd have to have a sea day to recover and there are none on this cruise :) .

Thank you all. I was not looking properly. I have found it now. It was listed under 'Guest Information' and when I clicked on La Reserve, it brought up 'Onboard Options' as advised above. I'm happy now!

It was listed last time I looked, Daisy. We're on the same cruise and I was able to find it on the UK site several weeks ago. There were, I think, 3 evenings available in the early part of the cruise. It may be that they have already been booked. I was tempted but I think I'd have to have a sea day to recover and there are none on this cruise :) .

Hmm, I see what you mean. La Reserve appears to be open on 2 evenings, with 1 menu available on the 1st evening, and 2 menus on the 2nd. However, they are consecutive evenings, which seems like poor planning to me. Don't think we could eat rich food two evenings on the trot.

It's about the same on our upcoming cruise: three days in the beginning of the cruise. It's not bad planning as you are only allowed to book La Reserve once, not twice... Maybe you can book a second time onboard if seats are available, which was the case on our last year cruise. Bon appetit!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's about the same on our upcoming cruise: three days in the beginning of the cruise. It's not bad planning as you are only allowed to book La Reserve once, not twice... Maybe you can book a second time onboard if seats are available, which was the case on our last year cruise. Bon appetit!

Actually, I think you may be mistaken in that I'm almost sure you can book La Reserve more than once.

I think you can book as many times as you like as long as you pay for them

They may add extra evenings later in the cruise once they see how popular they are on that sailing

I know for sure that you can (depending on availability). The first time we dined at La Reserve a couple of years ago, another couple at our table had already been there a few nights earlier -- different menu.

Mura

I know you can book a second time, but not online, at least not on the Already booked pages. Once booked online, the link 'Add reservation' is gone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know you can book a second time, but not online, at least not on the Already booked pages. Once booked online, the link 'Add reservation' is gone.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was literally trying to do this as your post popped up!

Yes, you're absolutely right. I was literally trying to do this as your post popped up!

Seems to be a glitch in their system. I had the same problem; I called their Special Services and got them to add the 2nd La Reserve. I love the

La Reserve dinners.

The La Reserve dinners are worth the extra dollars you pay. Nothing like it on the ship-if your just thinking about-I'd do it and you'll see why once you've eaten a La Reserve.

Rick

Thanks for this. We have signed up for the Connoisseur dinner, and will also do the Discovery so long as they are not on consecutive nights...there is a glitch in the system at the moment which means they are showing both the Discovery and the Explorer on the same night (the night before the Connoissuer). Just waiting for Special Services to get back to me.

We booked La Reserve last March for our anniversary. It was a grand evening. Fabulous food/ excellent company. As the dinner went on, everyone became friendlier. In fact, we made a pair of friends at the event. Currently, we are trying to lose weight. If we achieve an acceptable level of success, we will celebrate at La Reserve. Maybe even if we don't.

Mary

OTOH, I have seem comments to the effect that they will open up on an unscheduled night if enough passengers get together to request it.

I don't know if this has really happened ... it just sounded like it was possible.

Mura

There is no obvious space for La Reserve on the "R" ships (Regatta, Insignia and Nautica) so for now the answer is no.

There has been some chatter here on the boards as to where they might do such a function on the "R" ships, but they are much smaller than Marina and Riviera so the question remains up in the air.

Two of the La Reserve meals are $95 each, I think, and the "Conoisseur" menu is $165. Don't quote me ... you can find the specific prices at Oceania's website.

Mura

Note that if they don't get at least 12 guests to sign up, they will cancel. There was only one La Reserve dinner on our last Riviera cruise.

Well, that would be a huge disappointment... Fingers crossed we get enough.