Insignia First Looks

Yankeeclipper1

New to Oceania here - what was the 2 year charter she was on? Was this a private charter? Thinking royalty chartering her....

No royalty. She was charted to Hapag Lloyd - an upscale German cruise line.

Love the Barristas

Not sure I could spend much time in Waves area :D

She is beautiful otherwise

Lyn

The new Waves certainly is eye-popping; I definitely will not have to worry about nodding off there!:)

Thanks. Can't wait to sail her in August. Love the addition of the grill in the Terrace (placed differently than on Marina, I see), Baristas (love illy coffee - hope they have decaf or I will be in trouble!) and the Artists Loft in Horizons. (I assume there will be a separate work space there for it, unless they plan to have us just sit around doing needle point! Most of the activities they've had on Marina seem to be things that need tables and space - and can get messy!! Since our next cruise has 2 at sea days, I'm looking forward to the addition of the Artists Loft.) Baristas looks a lot larger than the one on Marina. Sure hope the outdoor seating at the back of the Terrace is still there. That's one of my favorite spots on all the ships.

Decor changes look beautiful. I actually like Waves, but it's true - we won't fall asleep there! The yellow and red and old fashioned paintings in the Upper Hall aren't my thing, but to each his/her own...

Thanks for posting.

Edited by roothy123

Wonder what happens to Baristas in the evening. Does it revert to the Grand Bar?? Would be ashamed if it did not since it usually handled the overflow in the evening from Martinis. Also was a quiet place to gave a drink before dinner.

Wonder what happens to Baristas in the evening. Does it revert to the Grand Bar?? Would be ashamed if it did not since it usually handled the overflow in the evening from Martinis. Also was a quiet place to gave a drink before dinner.

YES

A while back FDR said Barristas would close at 6pm then the bar opens for the evening

Now whether this is still the case time will tell

YES

A while back FDR said Barristas would close at 6pm then the bar opens for the evening

Now whether this is still the case time will tell

Yes Lyn, Barristas reverts to being a Bar (and serving cocktails) in the evening.

OceaniaInsignia-Baristas.jpg

Baristas looks much more elegant than on the O ships but I suppose that's because it becomes a bars again at night. All in all Insignia looks beautiful.

AFTER-BEFORE

oceania-insignia-baristas.jpg163601.jpg

The new look is fun and has a youthful sporty vibe, I particularly like what they have done with the Morris chairs. It's amazing how the right color has revived them.

I'm also LOVING the round red leather Corbusier seating areas and stools!

Otherwise, except for those chrome coffee contraptions (not bad for off the cuff for alliteration :rolleyes: ) on the wall behind the bar, and the gorgeous new marble floors, I don't see a World of difference.

Edited by JimandStan

When O first came to being, Insignia was the first of O ships on which we sailed, and it was to South America. We are so excited to sail on her again at the rechristening times and see the changes. I am sure they have done a fantastic job.

Because of that first experience, we have sailed her many, many times.

We will be on her June 30th. Can't wait.

Had to go to a Marble floor. Just imagine what coffee would do to those rugs :(

Hope Nautica looks similar. That big contraption takes up the space my Hendricks would be sitting in.

Read and enjoyed MVPinBoynton's review of Regatta - Pre-Facelift. Looking at his picture of the pool area I see lovely teak double loungers. In the new pics of the Insignia deck I see those Balinese? Loungers. Personally my wife and I hated those loungers on the Marina. They were only good for sunning and we thought even laying down on them was uncomfortable They were not adjustable and you could not sit up and read. (unless there was some mechanism we missed)

The double teak chairs look so much more comfortable for sitting next to your cabin mate - hope they kept some of them - but it looks like - not. From pictures it looks like they had a mixture of teak and aluminum chairs - now it appears that any teak furniture around the pool is all gone.

AND - Definitely IMO the new marble flooring in the Grand Bar makes it look cold and uninviting, but I have seen neither in person - old and new - so TBD.

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_8095.jpg

1399570471005-Pool-Deck-Insignia-002.jpg