Just made Diamond Plus

I probably should have added the rolleyes sarcastic Smiley to my post.

Actually I think the entire discussion about what might happen or not and when is ridiculous.

A cruiseline in this case RCI is giving us perks for either being in a Suite or having cruised with them before. Both are things at their discretion.

With Suite perks it´s part of the advertised package we buy, with C&A perks it´s something we get for free as a thank you for making Business with them. None of These are a given IMO. Suite perks are something People have paid for and they can expect it as part of the deal and it´s their decision if those are something they want to spend Money on or not.

C&A perks are a nice thing, but not the decision maker for me.

I do go to the CL/DC when I´m granted Access on occasion, but if and when they take that away from me I´ll just find something else to do with that half hour. Probably won´t be too hard and I can either buy myself a drink without breaking the bank, or just go without one and it won´t result in myself getting a Tremor.:rolleyes:

I don´t understand People being so hung up about the Lounges/Clubs and other perks.

I don't know why people can't just say congratulations without all the negativity about how "some" diamond plus can be rude. We have been diamond plus for awhile and certainly don't act any differently towards anyone in either lounge and don't find it happening very often when we are in there either. I wish you would remember that LOTS of non-diamond plus are extremely RUDE at all other venues. Why is it always the diamond/diamond plus that get called out? Jealousy,maybe? I don't think the "rank" has anything to do with rudeness, you either are or you're not...we are NOT!

CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING DIAMOND PLUS, YOU EARNED IT, YOU DESERVE ALL THE PERKS! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!

We have done both suites and D-1s since becoming d+ and, can honestly say, we still enjoy the suite perks. D+ is nice but we found last cruise that we did miss some of the more personal service offered to suite guests. We had an awesome diamond concierge though and loved every minute. We would do either way depending on the difference in pricing which pretty much always determines how we go.

I don't know why people can't just say congratulations without all the negativity about how "some" diamond plus can be rude. We have been diamond plus for awhile and certainly don't act any differently towards anyone in either lounge and don't find it happening very often when we are in there either. I wish you would remember that LOTS of non-diamond plus are extremely RUDE at all other venues. Why is it always the diamond/diamond plus that get called out? Jealousy,maybe? I don't think the "rank" has anything to do with rudeness, you either are or you're not...we are NOT!

CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING DIAMOND PLUS, YOU EARNED IT, YOU DESERVE ALL THE PERKS! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!

We have done both suites and D-1s since becoming d+ and, can honestly say, we still enjoy the suite perks. D+ is nice but we found last cruise that we did miss some of the more personal service offered to suite guests. We had an awesome diamond concierge though and loved every minute. We would do either way depending on the difference in pricing which pretty much always determines how we go.

I'm just saying how it was. I did say not all guests are rude, it's in the minority, but boy travel on a TA for 14 nights and you'll see it there I can assure you with the number of C&A Diamond and up members. However, the minority seem to be the most vocal.

Maybe because in their eyes I'm not old enough (I feel it I can assure you) to a) be Diamond verging on D+ or b) don't appear wealthy enough to afford a suite or maybe it's just homophobia, I don't know, but there was definitely a whiff of a bad smell under many of their noses when we were around.

Not a real problem as we're trying other cruise lines now, RCI penny pinching is going a step too far IMHO.

I'm just saying how it was. I did say not all guests are rude, it's in the minority, but boy travel on a TA for 14 nights and you'll see it there I can assure you with the number of C&A Diamond and up members. However, the minority seem to be the most vocal.

Maybe because in their eyes I'm not old enough (I feel it I can assure you) to a) be Diamond verging on D+ or b) don't appear wealthy enough to afford a suite or maybe it's just homophobia, I don't know, but there was definitely a whiff of a bad smell under many of their noses when we were around.

Not a real problem as we're trying other cruise lines now, RCI penny pinching is going a step too far IMHO.

Hi there my BIL was on the same cruise. And had a similar experience.

After a ship excursion he went into the CL for a coffee. On entering the CL there was a elderly plump man sitting by the door. All conversation ended by the many people seated. Then on exiting the man said loudly to the assembled in the CL "Probably borrowed somebody else's card"

My BIL had a suite.

Hi there my BIL was on the same cruise. And had a similar experience.

After a ship excursion he went into the CL for a coffee. On entering the CL there was a elderly plump man sitting by the door. All conversation ended by the many people seated. Then on exiting the man said loudly to the assembled in the CL "Probably borrowed somebody else's card"

My BIL had a suite.

I know exactly who that was! You see it's people like this who spoil it for everyone else with their attitudes. Goes along with 'how many points do you have? I'm Pinnacle you know'. Doesn't matter how many points I have, I was in a suite, you're not!

I know exactly who that was! You see it's people like this who spoil it for everyone else with their attitudes. Goes along with 'how many points do you have? I'm Pinnacle you know'. Doesn't matter how many points I have, I was in a suite, you're not!

Don't you just want too say, "Pinnacle, huh? Great screen name. I'm emeraldcity!"

OMG!:eek:

My BIL also mentioned a person known to many as the queen, or her highness, as she made a point of giving it large to all and sundry around the ship.

Do you know her as we'll?

OMG!:eek:

My BIL also mentioned a person known to many as the queen, or her highness, as she made a point of giving it large to all and sundry around the ship.

Do you know her as we'll?

The person you initially referred to is a different person from the one you have just mentioned, but yes, she is known to ask how many points you have and tell all who will listen that she is Pinnacle, and yes I know of her. :D

Well done.

This next one will get us to D and we'll be asking this same question ourselves a few years down the road-- provided nothing major changes in the program. We too also go GS for the double points and added perks. Every Pinnacle we chatted with in the CL said "you're doing it right." At least to our faces :p

The person you initially referred to is a different person from the one you have just mentioned, but yes, she is known to ask how many points you have and tell all who will listen that she is Pinnacle, and yes I know of her. :D

OMG:eek:

How did you, and possibly all the nice people, manage to dodge the man in the CL and her highness. It must have been horrendous to always be on guard.

It paints a picture of all the nice people playing hide and seek throughout the ship!;)

peteukmar, I am sorry you have encountered that and feel the need to move to other lines. I really wish people could just be nice. I know there are jerks at all levels, luckily, we have been able to ignore them and have a wonderful time. I don't know why they feel like the rest of us actually care about their opinions on who is in the CL or why becase we sure don't. If I see you in the CL, I will have a smile on my face and a drink in my hand and will be happy to share time with you. We love meeting everyone.

OMG:eek:

How did you, and possibly all the nice people, manage to dodge the man in the CL and her highness. It must have been horrendous to always be on guard.

It paints a picture of all the nice people playing hide and seek throughout the ship!;)

Yep, it was a bit of hide and seek, but it got easy because you could always predict where they'd be and therefore, avoid them!

peteukmar, I am sorry you have encountered that and feel the need to move to other lines. I really wish people could just be nice. I know there are jerks at all levels, luckily, we have been able to ignore them and have a wonderful time. I don't know why they feel like the rest of us actually care about their opinions on who is in the CL or why becase we sure don't. If I see you in the CL, I will have a smile on my face and a drink in my hand and will be happy to share time with you. We love meeting everyone.
Don't get me wrong, we can ignore them, but I have had previous instances where some 'entitled' high level C&A members have even threatened to ruin my cruise because I don't agree with their attitude. We also had it mentioned to us about certain Pinnacles ruining a lunch with their bragging about their status and how they got the cruise line to pander to their every whim, including demanding and getting upgrades.

My Wife and I are considering doing our first TA next year, and are somewhat saddened by the actions of these self opinionated, not very nice, people, as We come from an "Old School" cruising background where etiquette and good manners were the norm.

It would appear from your genuine posts, that you and Peter would appear the type of people one would enjoy the company of in the CL. But sadly nice people seem to voting with their feet.

I agree with petemcruk and know exactly who her Majesty is. We know quite a few Pinnacles, and the majority are really lovely and good friends, however Her Majesty is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Nobody cares how many points they have - but THEY do, and keep tabs on others points as well and get very upset if someone gets above them in the ranks. They try to aim to be top cruisers whenever they are onboard. Sadly it doesn't always work out for them. ;)

port royal, we don't let anyone force us away. We make our own fun and they can watch from the "throne". If they look down on us, we just have more fun! It must be sad to have to hold your status above everyone especially since WE DON'T CARE! We just ignore those people and move on and we have met people we love to be with every single cruise! Hope we will meet in there some day. Deb

I agree with petemcruk and know exactly who her Majesty is. We know quite a few Pinnacles, and the majority are really lovely and good friends, however Her Majesty is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Nobody cares how many points they have - but THEY do, and keep tabs on others points as well and get very upset if someone gets above them in the ranks. They try to aim to be top cruisers whenever they are onboard. Sadly it doesn't always work out for them. ;)

Hey Sue! Long time - hard to believe it has been 6 years since the Panama Canal cruise. Hope you both are well.

We will be one of the dreaded Suite people in the CL in November, only being D. :eek:Have met D+ folks on previous cruises that came into the DL because they said the people were nicer. Really too bad that everyone can't just enjoy their vacations and allow others to do the same. Sounds like I will just have to toughen up, since it is a 16 day TA:p

Norma

Edited by tootts

Hey Sue! Long time - hard to believe it has been 6 years since the Panama Canal cruise. Hope you both are well.

We will be one of the dreaded Suite people in the CL in November, only being D. :eek:Have met D+ folks on previous cruises that came into the DL because they said the people were nicer. Really too bad that everyone can't just enjoy their vacations and allow others to do the same. Sounds like I will just have to toughen up, since it is a 16 day TA:p

Norma

Hey Norma, shame we haven't met up with you and your gang since then. I remember you liked RCI, we have cruised exclusively with them since we moved over from Celebrity. Good luck on your TA - but to be honest, the D lounge will be fine as long as they use a lounge big enough (or it's Oasis/Allure then you will be fine). They sometimes close the CL completely depending how many of those "special" people are onboard. LOL We were in a suite and D+ on this AOS transatlantic - standing room only in the CL (no chance of a seat due to the chair hoggers) - the D lounge was closed and they moved it to the Imperial lounge. It was fine though and the service there was very good. Nice to hear from you. :)

Hey Norma, shame we haven't met up with you and your gang since then. I remember you liked RCI, we have cruised exclusively with them since we moved over from Celebrity. Good luck on your TA - but to be honest, the D lounge will be fine as long as they use a lounge big enough (or it's Oasis/Allure then you will be fine). They sometimes close the CL completely depending how many of those "special" people are onboard. LOL We were in a suite and D+ on this AOS transatlantic - standing room only in the CL (no chance of a seat due to the chair hoggers) - the D lounge was closed and they moved it to the Imperial lounge. It was fine though and the service there was very good. Nice to hear from you. :)

Always hoped we would see you again. Glad to hear you are on RCi now.

We are in a GS on the Serenade in November. Ought to be interesting.

Sorry folks for the hijacked conversation :)

Norma

Edited by tootts

BTW no congrats from me to D+ for the OP. I don´t see any C&A Level as an achievement. I don´t cruise for Status Level or cruisepoints. I cruise to have a good time, visit nice places, have a Relaxing´vacation time to be ready for a stressful Job again. If there´s some perks or Points or Levels are thrown at me for doing this - fine. But that´s not the reason for me to cruise.

What a kill joy! Can't you just say congratulations and move on? Or ignore the thread all together. MY MY MY

Congratulations!

Edited by ShipRiders

...BTW no congrats from me to D+ for the OP. I don´t see any C&A Level as an achievement. I don´t cruise for Status Level or cruisepoints. I cruise to have a good time, visit nice places, have a Relaxing´vacation time to be ready for a stressful Job again. If there´s some perks or Points or Levels are thrown at me for doing this - fine. But that´s not the reason for me to cruise.

"con•grat•u•la•tion/kənˌgraCHəˈlāSHən,-ˌgrajə-/noun;an expression of praise for an achievement or good wishes on a special occasion; the act of congratulating."

We offer congratulations when someone achieves a milestone in their "hobby" or interest or on any occasion that is special to another person.

Why not congratulate someone who becomes a D or D+ or Pinnacle. Maybe not to you, but it is a special occasion to them.

So “CONGRATULATIONS! RCI CRUISERS OO4”

:D