RCCL Norwegian Fjords-Have you been?

We have been to the Norwegian Fjords on the Brilliance of the Seas in 2012.

It was beautiful. The ship is very classy and the ports (and the way to these ports) simply breath taking. If you have the chance to do it, you won't regret it.

I'll second that comment. We did the Norwegian Fjords on Brilliance in 2002 when she was a brand new ship. We really didn't know what to expect, but were blown away by the beautiful scenery and experience. If you have the chance, definitely go for it, as the fjords have to be seen to be believed!

We did the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords on Splendour in 2000. It was an Awesome trip. The Fjords are spectacular!!!!

Lisa

Edited by lisaf1
Fix spelling error.

Guest maddycat
We did the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords on Splendour in 2000. It was an Awesome trip. The Fjords are spectacular!!!!

Lisa

We did the same cruise in 1999. Fantastic cruise. We didn't know what to expect on the Norwegian segment of the cruise. We were blown away.

In 2006 we did a British Isles/Norway cruise on Jewel of the Seas out of Harwich. It was a fantastic cruise - a perfect blend of history, culture and great natural beauty. It was such a wonderful cruise we have been looking ever since for a similar one but they are very few and far between and the times have not worked for our schedules.

We would go back to Norway in a second. Just take lots of money with you. :)

We just got off of the Legend This was my first time to Norway, and WOW, there is nothing more beautiful that I have seen. We are already looking at booking another Fjords cruise for next year.

I am scanning the cruise compasses now to post on my blog and will post several blog entries with photos and stories over the next week, if you are interested.

We did the Fjords last year on the Independence and loved it so much that we booked to go again this year on the Adventure and next year with P&O. It is a wonderful, relaxing cruise as you sail through the majestic fjords.

We're booked for June 2015 on NCL Star. We have to go in June and there weren't any other options. I'm super excited though! Oh, and we're booked on the Allure 2 days later for a Med. I'm hoping we can get the money saved by then...

I did the fjords on Brilliance from Amsterdam in 2012. Here's my (pretty long) review with lots of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653948

Don't think about it, just go do it :)

David,

Oh, what a memory - Norway, Denmark, Norway.....lol :D. We enjoyed ourselves so much on that cruise, we decided to go back this year :) (Iceland included too this time).

I did the fjords on Brilliance from Amsterdam in 2012. Here's my (pretty long) review with lots of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653948

Don't think about it, just go do it :)

We’ve been looking for a RCCL fjord cruise out of Amsterdam for 2015 but could not find any. Reason why we are looking at Amsterdam is because our Rhine River cruise (Basel to Amsterdam) finishes in Amsterdam on Oct 2 2015 and we are hoping to follow-up with a Norwegian fjord cruise. Haven’t been to this part of Europe in October. Would it be too cold to do a fjord cruise in October? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have been in Norway for several times, and IMHO it is one of the greatest destinations ever, with fabolous landscape and fascinating fjords!!

My recommendations: Take a look at the 11-night-Artcic-Circle in Serenade (June 06, 2015), 14 night Iceland and Norway (Celebrity Eclipse, June 27, 2015) or several 7 nighters with RCI Serenade!!!

• 3 months later...