Is there a Minimum Age Requirement for a Kid to be in a Pullman Bed?

That sounds about right to keep the kid from falling out and cracking their head open. Of course, they don't actually check on you once you are all tucked into the bed for the night, so it's really up to you to decide who sleeps where in the cabin. If your kid(s) are used to sleeping in the upper bunks without falling out, then you can make your own decisions.

Mine are 4 years old and in no way do I want them up there. I currently have a sofa bed room reserved but I just wanted to verify that this was true. My sister needed to now as well.

Anyone have a picture of the pullman bed? I believe I read that our balcony cabin has one (AOS aft cabin 8690)

We have a 4 yr old that sleeps in an upper bunk at home

Anyone have a picture of the pullman bed? I believe I read that our balcony cabin has one (AOS aft cabin 8690)

We have a 4 yr old that sleeps in an upper bunk at home

May not look exactly like this, but gives you a good idea:

bd1cabin.jpg

When my son was 6, we were told by Royal Caribbean that he could not sleep in the Pullman bed, but my daughter could. She was 8 at the time. That was two years ago, so maybe they have changed things, but that was the rule back then.

THX for the pic, I thought a pullman meant that the sofa opened up LOL but I'm guessing she will probably not sleep up there and I'm sure she will be right in between hubby and I in our bed :)

Just wanted to point out that the pullman bed will look quite different depending on the cabin. We have always had an interior cabin and the lower beds were separated. In that case a kid would NOT fall on the lower bed but on the ground/night stand. Not something you want to have happen.

May not look exactly like this, but gives you a good idea:

bd1cabin.jpg

I wonder if a person brought a roll of Duct Tape :eek: if they could tape the ladder to the bed and make a railing. Of course its a pain to take it off every morning but it might help. And it might only work if the person using it doesn't have to get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

• 1 month later...
We are in a room for 4 with Pullmans and two twin beds. Are the Pullmans long enough for adults? 10 year old wants to sleep in the bed, not the upper bed Pullman.

My 6' tall 16yr old slept in it fine but I would not want to. it seemed much closer to the ceiling than the picture. He could not sit up at all kinda had to belly crawl to the end to get to the ladder or just jump.