Drinks Package rises and Consumer Protection legislation.

Pushka

Cluster headaches strike at night...intense for a few hours then returns the same time the next night...over and over until the cycle subsides. Yes he has meds that helps when this stikes. Yes, he knows what his triggers are. The cycles can go dormant for years and then strike again.

Took me several meds before finding one that works...but it makes me very sleepy.

I wish Celebrity would bring back the Kremlevskya vodka. (spelling?)

Specific brands do matter to some...they are only 2 vodkas I can drink that won't give me a migraine headache...I know it's weird, but it's true.

I suspect that the vodka issue has to do with the base used for making the vodka...eg. ciroc is made from grape Lees, grey goose is made from wheat and Tito's is made from corn.

There is an excellent chart at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vodkas

that might help find what causes the headaches or give you more options in Vodkas.

I suspect that the vodka issue has to do with the base used for making the vodka...eg. ciroc is made from grape Lees, grey goose is made from wheat and Tito's is made from corn.

that might help find what causes the headaches or give you more options in Vodkas.

Interesting!!!

I always thought is was due to how many times it's distilled

Edited by 20pluscruises

Wouldn't that also imply a corresponding alergy/intolerance to the base ingredient in its normal state? In which case it would be dead easy to identify which brands will cause a problem. I suspect there are other factors at play here.

Wouldn't that also imply a corresponding alergy/intolerance to the base ingredient in its normal state? In which case it would be dead easy to identify which brands will cause a problem. I suspect there are other factors at play here.

yes, it's quite possible, but I suspect that many don't realize that vodka is made from different bases.

You may right...kinda like French wine vs US wine (preservatives)

You may right...kinda like French wine vs US wine (preservatives)

Sulfites you mean? They're added to French wines too (with the possible exception of organic wines) - they're not required to label them as such however. Sulfites are also a naturally occurring substance also present in preserved and dried fruits as well as fruit juices.

Sulfites you mean? They're added to French wines too (with the possible exception of organic wines) - they're not required to label them as such however. Sulfites are also a naturally occurring substance also present in preserved and dried fruits as well as fruit juices.

Presevative was the wrong word to use...I should have said additives.

The sulfites in wine make me itch all over.

I get less itchy with cheap wines.

I mean, less than $6 a bottle on land!

Without a list, I can count on Celebrity by knowing the price per pour.

Celebrity likes me.

Some vodka give me headache, some don't.

DH gets headaches from some gin.

IMHO, Celebrity should list vodka and gin labels.

Ghstudio, thanks for the wiki.

deGuy must be cruising.

Penny

Which other cruise lines have you tried.

The list below your name shows only Celebrity cruises.

Penny

Correct. He's stated he only cruises with Celebrity but has read about other cruise lines.

Edited by Pushka
edit