Drinks Package rises and Consumer Protection legislation.

Pushka

Anyone seen a Premium Package update yet ? Responding to the Classic Package outcry and not reacting in good time and in similar fashion for those who purchased the Premium Upgrade is what bulls do after a big feed.:eek:

The last update was saying that they were still gathering information about it.

Hi

Travelling on the Eclipse in August, can anyone confirm the price of a Pina Colada is low

enough to be included in the Classic package ?

It was in February, but I'm pretty sure that I have read on here that the price has gone up and it is now not covered. Not the be all and end all but I'm pretty disappointed as it's the one cocktail I love to have early evening.

It was in February, but I'm pretty sure that I have read on here that the price has gone up and it is now not covered. Not the be all and end all but I'm pretty disappointed as it's the one cocktail I love to have early evening.

As you know there is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding. Personally I am confident that a Piña Colada is less than $8 without the gratuity thus included.

Its my DW favorite, so would be great if included !

Anyone seen a Premium Package update yet ? Responding to the Classic Package outcry and not reacting in good time and in similar fashion for those who purchased the Premium Upgrade is what bulls do after a big feed.:eek:

LOL. Do bulls just sit?

Sometimes all the pitchfork waving and fire scares the locals away. :D

Hi

Travelling on the Eclipse in August, can anyone confirm the price of a Pina Colada is low

enough to be included in the Classic package ?

They were 6.50 in April. I think it likely they will be included after the hike.

Piña colada was included on the classic package on Eclipse in May, the only trouble was the only decent one was in the Ensamble lounge.

Last year on Equinox we had the best cocktails in the sky lounge, they had a blender on the bar and we enjoyed many different ones

This time on Eclipse we found that a lot of the bars didn't seem to have a blender and the cocktails were just not the same

We did of course have a fantastic barman on the Equinox, maybe that made a big difference

Sometimes all the pitchfork waving and fire scares the locals away. :D

I wish I got this - as I generally like your posts !:D

Dont forget to post the news whenever Celebrity get around to finding the time to decide which wines are included in The Premium Package.;)

==== Originally Posted by cle-guy

==== Sometimes all the pitchfork waving and fire scares the locals away.

I wish I got this - as I generally like your posts !:D

Dont forget to post the news whenever Celebrity get around to finding the time to decide which wines are included in The Premium Package.;)

It's a reference to the old movie "Frankenstein".

Poor Frankenstein was just a product of someone else and wanted to make people happy, but the villagers didn't care much and were so scared of him they chased him out of town with pitchforks and fire torches.

Perhaps the forum has scared the official celebrity rep away from this and similar threads where they can't do anything right to make people happy, so best to simply retreat from the drama... :D

As to wines, my reply will simply be to confirm or correct that wine up to whatever dollar amount are included in which package and what those dollar limits are.

I'm on the side of the argument that it would be improper and misleading to post any sort of itemized specific list of anything in any package knowing that the specific brands are subject to change anyway, so no need to to keep a list going. But for there having been a prior specific suggested list of brands, these arguments wouldn't even be happening.

So long as classic has

• a vodka
  • a gin
  • a rum
  • a white wine
  • a red wine
  • etc.,

it's fine, specific brands don't matter. Same for the Premium, and same for wines.

Edited by cle-guy

A couple of points Curt -

Ignoring the fact that the analogy was a poor one and if the comment regarding scaring away the Celebity Rep was meant to be tongue in cheek - ( not that I am sure that is the case ) - then hardy ha-hah.

Your suggestion that choice is not necessary or important is a little surprising --- well , bewildering .

Your quote --

"it's fine, specific brands don't matter. Same for the Premium, and same for wines."

Did you really say specific brands don't matter ?

I do agree with you that it is "improper and misleading to post any sort of itemized specific list of anything in any package knowing that the specific brands are subject to change anyway" That is what Celebity have done . I purchase a Premium Beverage Package having seen the wines included within that price point , and then these wines are made more expensive after the fact , denying me access to them after my in good faith purchase. No mention of replacements offered as you might expect?

As you say , I guess - 1 wine would be OK in the end? A white wine - A red wine - can we have A sparkling wine ? Please.

Would anyone seriously consider this?

I do appreciate the fact that you acknowledge you are a Celebrity Shareholder - hat switching is sometimes difficult.

So long as classic has

• a vodka
  • a gin
  • a rum
  • a white wine
  • a red wine
  • etc.,

it's fine, specific brands don't matter. Same for the Premium, and same for wines.

Except that's not what's advertised.

It sounds like that's your version of what you think would be an acceptable set of products.

While I would have no issue if that suddenly became available, was offered and then people can make their own mind up about its value and merits, it does not bear any relationship to what people HAVE purchased and booked to date.

I'm on the side of the argument that it would be improper and misleading to post any sort of itemized specific list of anything in any package knowing that the specific brands are subject to change anyway, so no need to to keep a list going. But for there having been a prior specific suggested list of brands, these arguments wouldn't even be happening.

So long as classic has

• a vodka
  • a gin
  • a rum
  • a white wine
  • a red wine
  • etc.,

I think without a guide/list to the typical/current inclusions will punters want to take the risk, the uptake of the packages will plummet.

Celebrity have just released the 123Go offer again starting June 1. if you enjoy a drink I think they will remain pretty popular as an option....I think it's not so hard to work into whatever is available vs trying to nitpick what is not. It's a great value add, and even if choosing to pay for the upgrade to premium that's still good value in my books - even the if there are still some( but fewer) restrictions. But boy what options it gives me, do I rally need to be bothered working out what it 'doesn't' give me?? I suppose it depends if you are a cup is half full or half empty kinda guy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So long as classic has

• a vodka
  • a gin
  • a rum
  • a white wine
  • a red wine
  • etc.,

In the past I would have agreed with you but on our last cruise my OH who drinks rum & coke tried various types of rum. The difference was stunning!

We find the same with wine, except that with wine it is more of a personal preference rather than brands.

It's a reference to the old movie "Frankenstein".

Poor Frankenstein was just a product of someone else and wanted to make people happy, but the villagers didn't care much and were so scared of him they chased him out of town with pitchforks and fire torches.

Perhaps the forum has scared the official celebrity rep away from this and similar threads where they can't do anything right to make people happy, so best to simply retreat from the drama... :D

As to wines, my reply will simply be to confirm or correct that wine up to whatever dollar amount are included in which package and what those dollar limits are.

So long as classic has

• a vodka
  • a gin
  • a rum
  • a white wine
  • a red wine
  • etc.,

Specific brands do matter to some...they are only 2 vodkas I can drink that won't give me a migraine headache...I know it's weird, but it's true. I can also taste the difference when a restaurant tries to short change me with a cheaper brand...kinda like coke vs pepsi taste. Some can def tell the difference.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Specific brands do matter to some...they are only 2 vodkas I can drink that won't give me a migraine headache...I know it's weird, but it's true. I can also taste the difference when a restaurant tries to short change me with a cheaper brand...kinda like coke vs pepsi taste. Some can def tell the difference.

My husband is the same way with certain beers - he suffers from cluster headaches and drinking certain beers with certain ingredients can trigger a cluster cycle of migraines that can last up to a month. He has to be careful; can't drink just anything.

My husband is the same way with certain beers - he suffers from cluster headaches and drinking certain beers with certain ingredients can trigger a cluster cycle of migraines that can last up to a month. He has to be careful; can't drink just anything.

One month? YIKES!!! Three days in bed for me. Has he found a med that works?

With such a severe problem - I would just drink something else rather than risk it.

Edited by helpthejuggler

One month? YIKES!!! Three days in bed for me. Has he found a med that works?

Cluster headaches strike at night...intense for a few hours then returns the same time the next night...over and over until the cycle subsides. Yes he has meds that helps when this stikes. Yes, he knows what his triggers are. The cycles can go dormant for years and then strike again.