Princess with kids and teens ?

Perez1992

I am starting to get a little worried that my siblings might now have have fun on our cruise has anyone traveled with kids and teens and can you give me a review?

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

There were lots of kids on our mid-March 7-night W. Caribbean cruise out of Houston. Lots of kids' and teen activities took place in the Centrum, and there seemed to be a nice little kids' area with cool riding toys, in the open air but "fenced" in by a sturdy netting -- folks could see in and kids could see out, but not get out. Plus one or two nice kids' pools.

Edited by SeagoingMom

e

There were lots of kids on our mid-March 7-night W. Caribbean cruise out of Houston. Lots of kids' and teen activities took place in the Centrum, and there seemed to be a nice little kids' area with cool riding toys, in the open air but "fenced" in by a sturdy netting -- folks could see in and kids could see out, but not get out. Plus one or two nice kids' pools.

Great we will be going march 15, 2015 and we will also be leaving from Houston, were from Fort Worth Tx the kids ages 8, 13, 16

All I know is I was Born To Cruise..

Love,

Miranda

I am a college student planning a trip for a family ages 46-8 so I have to worry about making sure everyone will have a good time last trip I got stuck with the 8 year old pretty much connected to my hip .

Love,

Miranda

I went on two princess cruises as a teenager. These were both about ten years ago, but I met and hung out with many of the other teens on the ship. There were about ten on both cruises that I was on. These were both Caribbean cruises in June. Were leaving on another one in a few weeks with three teenagers so i an always report back then.

I went on two princess cruises as a teenager. These were both about ten years ago, but I met and hung out with many of the other teens on the ship. There were about ten on both cruises that I was on. These were both Caribbean cruises in June. Were leaving on another one in a few weeks with three teenagers so i an always report back then.

Thanks that would be very helpful!! I just want everything to be great.

Love,

Miranda

The kids clubs are fantastic so much so I struggle to get my four year old out of them.

They will have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do your children enjoy the shows?

Love,

Miranda

The 8 year old should be happy with the children's program. Just make sure to take her the first time so she'll quickly meet friends and want to go back. :)

LuLu

Thanks I thought maybe he would enjoy doing science experiments

Love,

Miranda

My mom told me it might be good to point out that I will be incharge of watching the kids most of the time so my parents can have the alone time they need almost like a nanny .

Love,

Miranda

What's the Centrum?

I am starting to get a little worried that my siblings might now have have fun on our cruise has anyone traveled with kids and teens and can you give me a review?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Don't know which Princess ship you're going on (it helps to state which one when asking questions because sometimes there's differences among the various ships). But on our Princess cruises, my daughter was 5, 7, 8, 13 and 15. (she already had been on a few Carnival cruises)

You can look on the Princess website for the exact breakdown for age groupings (which can be different if you're going at a time when there's fewer kids on board --when school is normally in session). Generally the younger kids from 3 to maybe 6 or so are in Pelicans. Older than that up to 12 are in Shockwaves. The teen center is called Remix and is for the 13 to 17 group.

When you first get onboard, there should be a packet of info for the youngest and a packet for the teens, with info about signing up and a day-by-day listing of activities. A parent needs to go to the registration meeting which will be the first night. The kids should also go that night to meet the other kids in their group. That's important even for the teens because that's when they join up in subgroups (my daughter found some girls her age to hang with... they usually would meet up there on sea days and then decide where to go from there. We had a lot of sea days -- about 10 -- and they probably saw a ton of movies while enjoying the pool; on our latest cruise, one of her friends from the previous cruise -- they friended each other on FB -- said she was repeating that cruise like us -- and they made plans to meet up the first day. They ended up forming a group with a third girl and three boys their age).

There are often singles mingles listed in the Patters (the daily newsletter). There are activities for people of all age such as trivia (even though mostly adults participate, but on my last cruise I formed a team that included a kid and we actually tied for first). The big production shows are appropriate for all ages, but not everyone is interested in singing and dancing.

Again, check the Princess website and you'll find a lot of great info.

Don't know which Princess ship you're going on (it helps to state which one when asking questions because sometimes there's differences among the various ships). But on our Princess cruises, my daughter was 5, 7, 8, 13 and 15. (she already had been on a few Carnival cruises)

You can look on the Princess website for the exact breakdown for age groupings (which can be different if you're going at a time when there's fewer kids on board --when school is normally in session). Generally the younger kids from 3 to maybe 6 or so are in Pelicans. Older than that up to 12 are in Shockwaves. The teen center is called Remix and is for the 13 to 17 group.

When you first get onboard, there should be a packet of info for the youngest and a packet for the teens, with info about signing up and a day-by-day listing of activities. A parent needs to go to the registration meeting which will be the first night. The kids should also go that night to meet the other kids in their group. That's important even for the teens because that's when they join up in subgroups (my daughter found some girls her age to hang with... they usually would meet up there on sea days and then decide where to go from there. We had a lot of sea days -- about 10 -- and they probably saw a ton of movies while enjoying the pool; on our latest cruise, one of her friends from the previous cruise -- they friended each other on FB -- said she was repeating that cruise like us -- and they made plans to meet up the first day. They ended up forming a group with a third girl and three boys their age).

There are often singles mingles listed in the Patters (the daily newsletter). There are activities for people of all age such as trivia (even though mostly adults participate, but on my last cruise I formed a team that included a kid and we actually tied for first). The big production shows are appropriate for all ages, but not everyone is interested in singing and dancing.

Again, check the Princess website and you'll find a lot of great info.[/thanks for all your help you gave some awesome info

Love,

Miranda

A bit of advice-since this is supposed to be a family cruise,perhaps you should ask each member of your family what they would like to do on a cruise and where they would like to go.

Once you have decided on the area that you would like to visit,go on the Princess web site and chose a ship that has the itinerary that you would like to follow.

Then,check out the ship using the Princess web site.

Once you have the information regarding which Princess ship you would like to take and where you are going,then you may be able to post focused questions on this forum that will help you further plan your trip.

Right now,your questions are vague and difficult to answer.

Almost as though you have no real plans and are dreaming of a family cruise?

Another bit of advice-if this is the first family vacation you are planning,perhaps finding a good travel agent would be most helpful for you.

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

My kids weren't crazy about the kids clubs or Princess in general. They liked the pool areas, but were pretty bored on days at sea.

When we go with our teens now, it's Royal Caribbean. That's the one line that keeps everyone in the family happy. When it's just us parents, we're happy to be on Princess (where there are less kids running around too ;) ) Edit - I see they don't cruise from Houston, only Galveston.

Edited by hubofhockey

A bit of advice-since this is supposed to be a family cruise,perhaps you should ask each member of your family what they would like to do on a cruise and where they would like to go.

Once you have decided on the area that you would like to visit,go on the Princess web site and chose a ship that has the itinerary that you would like to follow.

Then,check out the ship using the Princess web site.

Once you have the information regarding which Princess ship you would like to take and where you are going,then you may be able to post focused questions on this forum that will help you further plan your trip.

Right now,your questions are vague and difficult to answer.

Almost as though you have no real plans and are dreaming of a family cruise?

Another bit of advice-if this is the first family vacation you are planning,perhaps finding a good travel agent would be most helpful for you.

I already have a cruise booked I've been on many cruises just not with princess right now we are planning to be on the Emerald march 15,2015

Love,

Miranda

The venue where they hand out multivitamins?

The Atrium

:D

Maybe that second poster is thinking of the wrong cruise line, but the only kids' activity I've seen in the grand atrium (Piazza) on a Princess ship was when Santa handed out gifts to the kiddies on Christmas. I seem to remember that on every Princess ship we've been on, the kids' area was on a high deck, usually at the aft section. Pointing this out to the OP so that she'll know that most of the time when the kids are signed in to the program, they're in the Pelican/Shockwaves/Remix rooms most of the time. The only other locale I can think of right now is when they have their kids' "private party" dinner in the Horizon. (maybe another place they go to is the disco for a private mocktail party)

On our first Hawaiian cruise, the staff did take the kids down a deck so they can view the volcano lava flow. So maybe they do this too if there's a lunar eclipse or other special activity.

Generally the staff doesn't take the kids to a place where they will be amongst the general passenger population (easier to keep track of them). And certainly not to the pools -- that's when parents need to take them (hopefully if they're younger than teenage hood).

Our kids were 2, 8, and 10 on our last cruise which had a total of 19 sea days. They were never bored. The olders' favorite activities included swimming, eating (buffet and poolside especially) the UKP and all the mocktails they could drink, the kids' club, and MUTS. They never went to shows in the theatre with us because they preferred to play with their friends in the kids' club. Our toddler loved afternoon tea (not kidding). It was more challenging to keep her occupied, but toddlers are challenging in general and at least I was on vacation and not having to cook or clean up. I still think cruises are the easiest possible family vacation.