OBC for Zumba Class? Bistro? Drinks?

ClairetoCruise

After final payment free zumba is not free. $5 for Bistro is $7. Drinks included in packages paid in advance are not included.

Has anybody requested an OBC or credit adjustment on final bill from Celebrity to cover extra charges? An account adjustment similar to laundry or internet for Elites.

Do you think Celebrity will consider a good faith gesture for changes made after final payment?

Claire

After final payment free zumba is not free. $5 for Bistro is $7. Drinks included in packages paid in advance are not included.

Has anybody requested an OBC or credit adjustment on final bill from Celebrity to cover extra charges? An account adjustment similar to laundry or internet for Elites.

Do you think Celebrity will consider a good faith gesture for changes made after final payment?

Claire

Thank you for my morning chuckle....

(posted by my evil twin)

No I don't think there is any chance they will give you anything. Costs rise, prices rise, they have the right to charge anything they want for Bistro on Five.

How could they possibly determine how many times you might have eaten there or gone to Zumba or ordered a Bailey's? It's completely unreasonable to expect any kind of consideration for these increases

No I don't think there is any chance they will give you anything. Costs rise, prices rise, they have the right to charge anything they want for Bistro on Five.

How could they possibly determine how many times you might have eaten there or gone to Zumba or ordered a Bailey's? It's completely unreasonable to expect any kind of consideration for these increases

It is not unreasonable on not doable, it is a simple credit adjustment on the cabin card account aboard ship. Processed the same way credit adjustments are made for Loyalty Club perks like free laundry and internet minutes.

Claire

It is not unreasonable on not doable, it is a simple credit adjustment on the cabin card account aboard ship. Processed the same way credit adjustments are made for Loyalty Club perks like free laundry and internet minutes.

Claire

What is the calculation of the credit you propose?

It's the mechanics of it that makes it difficult. And then to be fair everyone needs the same consideration, so which person's calculation should be used?

I used my OBC in the spa for a haircut. Cruise prior, men's cut was $25, now it;'s $53, so am I entitled to $27 extra credit back to me? If I get my hair did for all 3 formal nights on a 13 day cruise, should they give me $81 back? If i visit Bistro 10 days for lunch, should I get another $20 so now they owe me $101 total? If I have 8 beverages a day that all are now $3.00 more each = $24 per day, = $312 they owe me for the cruise, so now they owe me a credit of $413, which is more than the original $300 OBC that was part of the promotion.....

And why would they override the terms and conditions in the cruise contract and the 123 promotion offer that stipulates the benefits are subject to change at any time? If they waive that, should they be able to increase the cabin fare after final payment too which was guaranteed to stay and not change after finally payment?

It's a slippery slope.

If you buy a gift card to McDonalds and then they raise the price of the burger, do you expect some compensation?

It is just impossible to calculate what you propose. And, I agree with the poster who said that it is unreasonable to expect any sort of adjustment.

Claire

Hopefully, Claire, you wil call and let us all know the outcome, so, if positive, we can all place a call to Celebrity.

When you go to a gas station and fill up your tank with 20 gallons of gas and then the next day notice that the price of gas has gone down 10 cents, would you expect a $2.00 refund? Better yet, if the price went up 10 cents would you go back and give them another $2.00. When you purchase a cruise on any line I have never seen anything in the contract that would guarantee you a set price for anything. As for Elite, Elite+, or Zenith perks, if you ever earn them you'll get them.

Claire

You're wasting your time ClairetoCruise, anyone who dares challenge Celebrities cost cutting gets shouted down by the same bunch of posters, it seems our opinion is not valid, makes you wonder if they ....... noooo that's one conspiracy theory to far surely ;)

You're wasting your time ClairetoCruise, anyone who dares challenge Celebrities cost cutting gets shouted down by the same bunch of posters, it seems our opinion is not valid, makes you wonder if they ....... noooo that's one conspiracy theory to far surely ;)

Opinions are always valid, but the reality may be often different. And often times opinions may be based on a limited or partial review of factual data, like forgetting the part of the promotions that say they are subject to change. Funny how we all remember the part where they give us the package, but conveniently forget the terms in the offer that allow it to be changed.

We hope something comes of it, but reality says it is what it is. We'd ALL love them to make adjustments, but realize it just isn't in the cards...

In my opinion, Santa Clause has screwed me over the last 35 years of my 44 years on this earth. I'm waiting on all those presents he used to give me which I had become accustomed to. Who is he to make the change of not delivering them without telling me well in advance of christmas each year? But I doubt they are forthcoming. Same deal with that bitch the tooth fairy, I got money for my teeth way back in the day, but when the wisdom teeth came out, nothing, not a dime, and those HURT!

Opinions are always valid, but the reality may be often different. And often times opinions may be based on a limited or partial review of factual data, like forgetting the part of the promotions that say they are subject to change. Funny how we all remember the part where they give us the package, but conveniently forget the terms in the offer that allow it to be changed.

We hope something comes of it, but reality says it is what it is. We'd ALL love them to make adjustments, but realize it just isn't in the cards...

In my opinion, Santa Clause has screwed me over the last 35 years of my 44 years on this earth. I'm waiting on all those presents he used to give me which I had become accustomed to. Who is he to make the change of not delivering them without telling me well in advance of christmas each year? But I doubt they are forthcoming. Same deal with that bitch the tooth fairy, I got money for my teeth way back in the day, but when the wisdom teeth came out, nothing, not a dime, and those HURT!

Thanks for my daily chuckle! ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

When you go to a gas station and fill up your tank with 20 gallons of gas and then the next day notice that the price of gas has gone down 10 cents, would you expect a $2.00 refund? Better yet, if the price went up 10 cents would you go back and give them another $2.00. When you purchase a cruise on any line I have never seen anything in the contract that would guarantee you a set price for anything. As for Elite, Elite+, or Zenith perks, if you ever earn them you'll get them.

Funny as it may seem, I own an oil company and we get customers calling in to ask this all the time. They bought fuel today, the price dropped 10 cents tomorrow or the next day they call in upset wanting the lower price. They say we should have known the price was going down (on the stock market mind you) and warned them to wait to order fuel. If I have to talk to them directly (elevated from the office talking to them) I am always nice and explain how prices work with fuel. I always have to add in, if we do this one time for you and give you the lower price, the same will hold true for your account next time. Meaning if you got fuel and the price goes up 10+ cents a gallon up to two days after wards you will be billed for the extra you owe us.

I have yet to have somebody take us up on the offer. Very rarely if its a customer we have had for 20 years I might just give them a credit on their account just to make them happy. But I try my best not to do that. 1, they would expect it all of the time. If prices went up then prices went up, not in my control. 2 if they share it with other customers and people that we did that - we would have to do it for everyone (which we can't).

20 years ago the fuel prices would change 1/2 a cent every 2-3 weeks. Now 3-8 cents per day 5 days a week up or down is the norm.

No clue how X does their pricing. They probably talked about it for months and knew they were doing the increases this month. Rather then do a little at a time, they picked to do a one time hit and just let the fallout happen and then get on back to business. Whenever we have to change a company policy or way we do things, we just do it, notify customers of what we did, we lose some customers but over time it just becomes part of the company and how we do things.

Edited by forceten

Claire

Without even looking, I bet that there is a clause (or two) in your cruise contract that allows them to change pricing, features, etc. at their own whim with no compensation to you, the cruiser...

Steve

My time is not wasted if a cruiser approaches Celebrity about the upcharge after final payment. This only presents as a problem to Celebrity in the determination of who gets a credit to the onboard account and who doesn't.

Evidentally, any person making final payment after the upcharges have knowledge before final payment. Any person making payment now that the charges are effective get no refund on zumba, pulled drinks from pre-paid packages, or upcharge at Bistro.

If I buy a shirt at full price because tailoring is included, then I should not be required to pay for the tailoring, as the store has a good reputation and stands by their promise. They can change their policy on the next shirt; but my tailoring should be written off.

If I purchase a car with leather seats and it arrives with cloth after full payment (yes, I pay in full) then I can either get a refund on the car or a refund on leather seats.

Now put the flags down and read without the distraction.

This post is not a waste of my time, it's helpful. If it does not apply to you, don't waste your time posting.

Then again, let me know why it can't happen. I believe Celebrity will stand my it's product, it's advertising, it's marketing, and customer satisfaction.

Thank you for your interest.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

I would suggest you go back and read the several hundred posts over these issues in the last week or so. Most of the regulars are ticked off and certainly not supporting Celebrity. Your comment is just not accurate.

Edited by dkjretired

Not true, the concern is valid. Now if the OP would have said I CALLED Celebrity and here is what they said, then that would be different. Otherwise they are just adding additional comment that have been posted 100 times in the last month.

But I know from my point of view I am just getting tired of all the talk (whining)about cost cutting. I mean how many times can folks bring this up? Look at the main page and how many posts are about this same subject, almost every 3rd post. But to just post the 100th "what if" about cost cutting then there is not much value.

Nothing personal Claire as you are probably a nice person but this is just one in 100 lately that just stir up negative conversations.

Duane

Edited by Duanerice1

Not true, the concern is valid. Now if the OP would have said I CALLED Celebrity and here is what they said, then that would be different. Otherwise they are just adding additional comment that have been posted 100 times in the last month.

But I know from my point of view I am just getting tired of all the talk (whining)about cost cutting. I mean how many times can folks bring this up? Look at the main page and how many posts are about this same subject, almost every 3rd post. But to just post the 100th "what if" about cost cutting then there is not much value.

Nothing personal Claire as you are probably a nice person but this is just one in 100 lately that just stir up negative conversations.

Duane

Thank you Duane. The thread is not negative if Celebrity reads there is a way to improve. One step, IMHO, is to give more adjustments to those who have made final payment before learning of the new "Modern Luxury" idea that has changed just in 3 months.

I have not read over 100 post on the topic. My life is elsewhere, but I do see the need for a thread with a solution to disappointments over new charge for (free)Rumba and an increase to dine in Bistro. The thread titles read that drink packages are not clear upon boarding and after final payment has been made.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

Thank you Duane. The thread is not negative if Celebrity reads there is a way to improve. One step, IMHO, is to give more adjustments to those who have made final payment before learning of the new "Modern Luxury" idea that has changed just in 3 months.

I have not read over 100 post on the topic. My life is elsewhere, but I do see the need for a thread with a solution to disappointments over new charge for (free)Rumba and an increase to dine in Bistro. The thread titles read that drink packages are not clear upon boarding and after final payment has been made.

Claire

I certainly didn't take your post as negative, I took it as if you were asking a questions and am really interested in knowing what Celebrity tells you, since I'm hoping that you will call them.

If you had purchased something (a class, a haircut, a drink) in advance and them found that there was a higher price than what you paid and you would get charged the difference, yes, you would have a legitimate gripe. But you did not purchase a Zumba class, or a beverage, and Celebrity would have no way to confirm that you intended to.

Take this a bit farther. What's to stop someone from saying "I intended to take two Zumba classes a day, I intended to drink a Baileys every day, I intended to go to the hair salon every other day, I intended to eat at Bistro every day so now Celebrity owes me XYZ dollars. Never mind that I never did any of those things on ant previous cruise. This time I intended to and now I can't because the price went up.

It just doesn't wash.

If you had purchased something (a class, a haircut, a drink) in advance and them found that there was a higher price than what you paid and you would get charged the difference, yes, you would have a legitimate gripe. But you did not purchase a Zumba class, or a beverage, and Celebrity would have no way to confirm that you intended to.

Take this a bit farther. What's to stop someone from saying "I intended to take two Zumba classes a day, I intended to drink a Baileys every day, I intended to go to the hair salon every other day, I intended to eat at Bistro every day so now Celebrity owes me XYZ dollars. Never mind that I never did any of those things on ant previous cruise. This time I intended to and now I can't because the price went up.

It just doesn't wash.

You missed my pitch. If you prepay for 10 haircuts w/shampoo and blow dry for $30 each and learn after the shampoo that you are charged an extra $12 for the cut (think Zumba), or an extra $2 (think Bistro), or you learn the 10 haircuts don't include the shampoo or blowdry (think drink package), don't you think you should get those services based on what you paid rather than be billed the up charge (read as Celebrity is doing).

Edited by ClairetoCruise

You missed my pitch. If you prepay for 10 haircuts w/shampoo and blow dry for $30 each and learn after the shampoo that you are charged an extra $12 for the cut (think Zumba), or an extra $2 (think Bistro), or you learn the 10 haircuts don't include the shampoo or blowdry (think drink package), don't you think you should get those services based on what you paid rather than be billed the up charge (read as Celebrity is doing).

The problem with your argument is that Celebrity's cruise contract doesn't promise that there will be free Zumba, or that certain beverages will always be available in a particular package, or that prices of onboard restaurants won't change. Celebrity can make changes to all these things and more because their contract states that onboard amenities and services are subject to change. You've essentially only paid for a cruise of X days in at least the cabin category you paid for, and if these are not provided, then you can reasonably expect compensation. And remember, these are all optional extras, and the whole point of them is to make a profit. You don't have to go to Zumba. It's not like they suddenly started charging for the buffet. I'm not saying you shouldn't let them know that you are dissatisfied with the changes, but expecting them to cough up cash to cover the extra money you spent is a little out of bounds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

The problem with your argument is that Celebrity's cruise contract doesn't promise that there will be free Zumba, or that certain beverages will always be available in a particular package, or that prices of onboard restaurants won't change. Celebrity can make changes to all these things and more because their contract states that onboard amenities and services are subject to change. You've essentially only paid for a cruise of X days in at least the cabin category you paid for, and if these are not provided, then you can reasonably expect compensation. And remember, these are all optional extras, and the whole point of them is to make a profit. You don't have to go to Zumba. It's not like they suddenly started charging for the buffet. I'm not saying you shouldn't let them know that you are dissatisfied with the changes, but expecting them to cough up cash to cover the extra money you spent is a little out of bounds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

VirginiaLucy, thank you for posting. What you write makes sense to me. Truthfully, I've never read all the small print in the passenger contract. We tend to go with the flow. My thread is in the hope that people travelling in the next couple of months could appeal to Celebrity regarding their disappointments after final booking changes.

The accounting portion, asking Celebrity to pony up some credits to the shipboard account, is something done on every cruise as benefits for loyalty.

GHStudio will appreciate my remark that Celebrity wants customer satisfaction as they must fill their cabins going forward.

Have a lovely day.

Claire

Please accept my apology for wasting your time.

I just found the thread "Drink Package rises & Consumer Protection Legislation" initiated May 11 on this board.

I was expressing an idea.

May you have many cruises ahead.

Claire

You didn't waste anyone's time. I give you a lot of credit, because you didn't just come on complaining, you suggest a solution. It is easy to just complain, but it takes a lot to come up with a plan that you feel, even if others don't, would work to satisfy customers.