What happened to afternoon tea?

Montana

April cruise did not have afternoon tea in the buffet area. I miss a few cookies and tea sandwiches. However, I did see the VIP lounge had these amenities. We were in a sky suite and not eligible for these amenities. I felt a little like a child outside of a candy shop with no money for entry.

April cruise did not have afternoon tea in the buffet area. I miss a few cookies and tea sandwiches. However, I did see the VIP lounge had these amenities. We were in a sky suite and not eligible for these amenities. I felt a little like a child outside of a candy shop with no money for entry.

Whaaaaaaat!!! Is afternoon tea now gone? Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

OP talking about tea stuff in buffet not in suites. Can't remember the hours that the tea stuff is served in the buffet = 3-4?

That's how I read it...oops. I hope they keep the buffet afternoon tea I would really hate to see that gone. :eek:

I am certain I saw it listed on the Celebrity Today on Solstice Honolulu - Vancouver, just ended. We never did go. Missed the Elegant Tea also as Liars Club was scheduled the same time.

Had scones, jam, whipped cream, mini sandwiches, and cookies every afternoon in the buffet on Century in late April. We did have access to Michael's Club, but never had afternoon tea there.

We had afternoon snacks, scones and sandwiches, on the Infinity in April.

In the sky suites they bring them to your room.

Had scones, jam, whipped cream, mini sandwiches, and cookies every afternoon in the buffet on Century in late April. We did have access to Michael's Club, but never had afternoon tea there.

Dont tell me they are using whipped cream. They should be serving clotted cream. Richard:(

I've never seen clotted cream either. I've seen people call it clotted (on the same cruise) but it's not it's whipped :)

So no drama, short comings, disasters, or calamities, afternoon tea IS still served with it's usual cream :D

(Just pointing this out before someone posts that they will never sail X again and their life is ruined due to lack of cream)

I've never seen clotted cream either. I've seen people call it clotted (on the same cruise) but it's not it's whipped :)

So no drama, short comings, disasters, or calamities, afternoon tea IS still served with it's usual cream :D

(Just pointing this out before someone posts that they will never sail X again and their life is ruined due to lack of cream)

Brilliant, LOL!

Never heard of clotted cream before, but I looked it up....interesting, I would like to try it some day.

Never heard of clotted cream before, but I looked it up....interesting, I would like to try it some day.

Oh it's VERY nice. I can get it easily but I put 2lbs in weight on just lifting it out of the chilled cabinet in Marks and Spencer's :o

Oh it's VERY nice. I can get it easily but I put 2lbs in weight on just lifting it out of the chilled cabinet in Marks and Spencer's :o

I agree. Wish M&S hadn't closed down in Canada.

I do not think cruise ships would have clotted cream but if you get the chance try it with your scones as it is soo much better that the cream on the ships. I may be wrong but as most cream has a short shelf life I always assumed that cruise ships could only use the more artificial stuff ?

In saying that it does not stop me eating scones with cream on a cruise !

Scotslizzy

I am certain I saw it listed on the Celebrity Today on Solstice Honolulu - Vancouver, just ended. We never did go. Missed the Elegant Tea also as Liars Club was scheduled the same time.

They didn't run Liar's club on the previous cruise Sydney - Honolulu.

Is it only run depending on the cruise director?

Afternoon tea time was 4-5 p.m on that cruise.

Edited by The_Big_M

We've never seen clotted cream on Celebrity' date=' only whipped cream. While not traditional, it is very delicious![/quote']

You get clotted cream with the champagne tea in Murano. This is much more of an occasion than afternoon tea in the buffet; unfortunately it's $25 a head.

Do you have it Devon or Cornish style? a whole other debate :)

As I live in the West Country in UK. I am afraid I have it cornish style. lol Husband from Dartmouth in Devon has it Devonshire way.

Just think it is a matter of which way you like best.!

Brenda x