hotel choice FLL

CU64

Please pick between Renaissance FLL Cruise Port Hotel

or

Hyatt Place FLL Convention Center

One night precruise/we will be arriving late after 6 hr flight

Thanking you in advance.

I can't answer your question but on the Cruise Critic main/home page there is a forum entitled "Florida Departures" where there are a TON of comparisons and opinions on these exact two hotels. If I were you I would go to that forum and put in a search for each of the hotel names. I've gone there a lot to research other port city hotels.

Your question will eventually be removed to that forum by a moderator anyway.

We always select a Marriott property when there are options. That's why we always stay at the Renaissance. The location is great...taxi is so easy to grab anytime we are ready to go.

They may have shuttle, we just haven't bothered for a long time. They pack 'em in like sardines, which my DH wouldn't get on if it were free!

Right across street from Walgreens too. Plenty of walkable restaurants.

Dawn

Just stayed at Hyatt pre and post cruise. Got $99/night through value trips. It was nice. Decent free breakfast. Went into Embassy suites while there. It looked awesome inside but did not see a room, just lobby. Not sure what the cost is. Several restaurants and stores a close walk including publix and total wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please pick between Renaissance FLL Cruise Port Hotel

or

Hyatt Place FLL Convention Center

One night precruise/we will be arriving late after 6 hr flight

Thanking you in advance.

Open your minds to something a little higher. The Westin Diplomat in Hollywood Florida.:D

Our preferred hotel in the area is the Embassy Suites on 17th street

Us Too!!!!

Clean, nice suites.

Awesome pool!!!!!!!! with patio seating area.

Free cocktails in the evening.

Free breakfast........everything and I mean everything.

Close to the Publix and wine store to get Austi:D and last minute items.

Close to some restuarants.

We take a taxi for the 3 of us to port at the time we want and with tip pay about $20. It would cost more to use their shuttle and then you have to wait for people, and I am not a patient person:eek:.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Just stayed at Hyatt pre and post cruise. Got $99/night through value trips. It was nice. Decent free breakfast. Went into Embassy suites while there. It looked awesome inside but did not see a room, just lobby. Not sure what the cost is. Several restaurants and stores a close walk including publix and total wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Embassy Suites is just that...suites, so to speak. You have a large bedroom with TV and everything and then another large room with another TV and plenty of seating and table and chairs. They have a free happy hour and an extensive breakfast. The cost is probably a bit more than what OP is looking at--usually about $169-$219 range, depending on season.

Embassy Suites is just that...suites, so to speak. You have a large bedroom with TV and everything and then another large room with another TV and plenty of seating and table and chairs. They have a free happy hour and an extensive breakfast. The cost is probably a bit more than what OP is looking at--usually about $169-$219 range, depending on season.

Wow we are lucky.

Our TA booked the Embassy Suites for this upcoming July last October and got a rate of $129.00, plus tax.

Sea Ya

We've stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, and yes it is fabulous, but just not worth the money for someone staying only one night, and arriving after six pm. For the OP, go with the Embassy or the Hyatt Place. I prefer the Embassy, but that is just personal preference for having an actual suite, with two separate rooms. If that's not a plus you want, the Hyatt should be just fine (Sorry, no experience with the Renn.)

We've stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, and yes it is fabulous, but just not worth the money for someone staying only one night, and arriving after six pm. For the OP, go with the Embassy or the Hyatt Place. I prefer the Embassy, but that is just personal preference for having an actual suite, with two separate rooms. If that's not a plus you want, the Hyatt should be just fine (Sorry, no experience with the Renn.)

Fair point!

If it is just for one night arriving late with little frills then the Lago Mar should be considered. A nice clean simple hotel.

While the Hyatt may not be considered a suite, it is pretty close. You walk into a living area with large adjustable sofa and ottomans, to the right is a desk and a small kitchen with small fridge, sink and coffee maker, no microwave. Then you have a semi divided off bedroom, sink and vanity area and toilet and shower room.

For one night and arriving late, it is a good place. If I could get embassy suites for $129 and I arrived earlier (we did not get to hotel until about midnight) I would take that. I would not pay $200 for embassy. BTW it was just two of us, Hyatt room was more than enough room for two people.

Our preferred hotel in the area is the Embassy Suites on 17th street

I do not recommend this hotel if you want any sleep. We just left there an hour ago and they had music playing by the pool area just outside our window, 12th floor past 1am. We left the hotel this morning at 5.30 for a 7.20 flight back home. Try sleeping with music playing, they would do nothing about the volume.

Thank you

Good to know about the pool music.

Never knew about it, we request a ship view, and it was awesome to get up and see the ships come in from your little balcony and never heard a sound, slept like a baby.

I will make sure we request that view again.

Sea Ya

Anyone have any hints/timeframes for booking a decent rate at the Embassy? The hotel availability just opened up for our May 17th 2015 sailing but Embassy is well over $300, and the average hotel is at least around $200 for a non-refundable. Valuetrips don't have their 2015 availability yet, but hoping the same deal is available for next year?

I do not recommend this hotel if you want any sleep. We just left there an hour ago and they had music playing by the pool area just outside our window, 12th floor past 1am. We left the hotel this morning at 5.30 for a 7.20 flight back home. Try sleeping with music playing, they would do nothing about the volume.

You should have called the police. There is a noise ordinance and since the hotel would not do anything, the police will.

To the OP, of the two you asked about, I would go with the Renaissance. It is much nicer.

The Hilton Marina--if we stayed there does nayone know if you can leave your car parked there during the cruise? Heard on this thread that it is right across from pier..

Know you would still need a taxi to get to the ship--anyone know approximately how many minutes it will take? Though things can be "right across the street" or "nearby" I know a "5 minute thing" can turn into a "25 minute thing". yikes!!