Specialty Dining Packages

I was on the phone with RCCL regarding an issue with my luggage tags and the rep mentioned somethign about a new dining package being offered. Book 3 or more specialty restaurants while on board and receive OBC. She said it was just implemented 2 days ago and they have also lowered the price for kids under 12 to $8. Anyone know anything about this? I'm more intersted in the OBC you would receive. TIA.

I recently posted this on one of my roll calls :

From reading the main board I came across this which I hadn't come across previously :

Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.

Receive a 20% onboard credit* on all Day 1 reservations.

I was on the phone with RCCL regarding an issue with my luggage tags and the rep mentioned somethign about a new dining package being offered. Book 3 or more specialty restaurants while on board and receive OBC. She said it was just implemented 2 days ago and they have also lowered the price for kids under 12 to $8. Anyone know anything about this? I'm more intersted in the OBC you would receive. TIA.

Is the $8 kids price the same at every specialty restaurant? Also, you say it's for kids under 12, but under my cruise planner it says "ages 6-12 eat for less"...just want to make sure it includes 12 y/o

Is the $8 kids price the same at every specialty restaurant? Also, you say it's for kids under 12, but under my cruise planner it says "ages 6-12 eat for less"...just want to make sure it includes 12 y/o

That would be great. $8 per kid is a great deal when we have been used to paying $30 each.

I wonder if that $8 is for the regular menu or if it is a different menu catered to kids?

Am having probs with the website tonight (surprise surprise) but managed to grab this for you

Diningpakage.jpg

My paid for drinks package has disappeared from the pre-cruise planner.... good luck with that! The OBC should be applied subsequently......

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Question ???

If I have OBC for the cruise can I book reservation ahead and have it go on the bill to use the OBC ? or do I have to wait until on board to book to have it go on the weeks bill?

No, your onboard credit will only be applied to whatever purchases or transactions are made onboard.

When you make a purchase (specialty restaurant reservation, shore excursion, etc) online before sailing, it will be instantly charged to your credit card.

If I treat 2 other couples to dinner with us in a speciality restaurant would i still get the 20% OBC?

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure the OBC deal is for booking three separate reservations (for example, a night at Chops, a night at 150 Central Park, and another night at Chops). Not going to one night at Chops and paying for 3 people (or more).

If that night where you treated the couples was one of three separate specialty restaurant reservations (nights), it would count. But it wouldn't matter whether you treated them or not in terms of getting the deal since you'd be paying for yourself anyway.

Hope that makes sense!:D

I thought the 20% off for booking 3 speciality restaurants applied to pre booking too. Do you know if this is correct?

According to the cruise planner it applies, as does the 20% off (or OBC) the first night. I didn't see anything about the 25% off for 4 restaurants though.

I cannot find on their website how to reserve??

I have 2 already booked but would love to book a third. It it's too hard, I'll just do it on board!

Log in to the RCCL site, click my cruises, then view reservation under the cruise you want. At the top, select cruise planner then "get started". It will load for 5-10 seconds, then click on Dining and choose your restaurant. From there add to cart and select # of people and times! Then all you have to do is pay!

What if you've already pre-paid for three nights of specialty dining? Should I call and cancel them and wait until I'm onboard? I cruise in two weeks.

I would print out your 3 pre-paid reservations as well as the page on the website showing the special offer. The website said that

"Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer.)"

Go to guest services if you do not see the OBC after day 1.

How far in advance of departure can you usually book specialty dining??

There's no set time. Sometimes over 5 months, sometimes less than 3. Just keep checking the website.

On the this past August 12 nite Medit. on the Serenade, RCL offered a package titled "Royal Dining" and it included 3 restaurants for $55. The restaurants were Giovanni's, Chops and $20 allowance towards Izumi. It was a good deal as Izumi was almost free. I'm trying to ascertain if there will be dining packages on Quantum.

I want to make reservations online to take advantage of this 20% onboard credit promo. It is myself, dh, dd (6) and ds (3). It states that children under 5 are free and children over 5 are charged a lower price but to inquire onboard.

I tried to book all 4 of us and it is charging for my 3 year old and full price for my 6 year old. Do I just make the reservation for myself and dh and then add the kids while onboard?