A few questions about Cupcake Cupboard?

This will be our first time on Liberty of the Seas. How are the cupcakes at Cupcake Cupboard? Has anyone done the decorating class? Do kids and adults do the same class or is there a separate one for adults?

Thanks,

Loralie

We did the cupcake class on the Oasis. Adults and children were in the same class which worked for us since I had both my daughter and my niece. It was a lot of fun and the girls enjoyed it. It is a little pricey but you are on vacation and they will probably never experience anything like this at home. The cupcake we made was done to look like a cheeseburger and fries and it looked exactly like it.

Definitely do it. It is worth it. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a photo for you to see.

On our Liberty cruise, there were special classes for kids. My 10yo daughter did the class and made two cupcakes ... A lion and a frog. I thought it was a bargain for $15. She had a great time, and the crewmember who conducted the class was great with the kids.

My husband and I snapped a few pics, then watched her from a table at sorrento's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cupcake class is a good side event on a sea day.

We have done the classes and enjoyed them plus we have eaten the cupcakes.

they are good....it appears they bake them then cool them so you are purchasing a fairly cold cupcake when you purchase them.

In the classes they warm up somewhat before you go to work on them.

One other point, there are classes for kids and one for adults...also different pricing.

Definitely a good group experience. Thats what we have done and plan to do when we are on Oasis in two weeks.

Try it at least once.

As a self proclaimed cake aficionado it is my duty to report that I find the cupcakes onboard lacking, especially since you have to pay for them (they really should be good). Let's put it this way I had to tell them "uh, this isn't red velvet" to which I was told that it's basically white/vanilla cake w/ red food coloring. Tsk tsk.

However, yes, go do the class - it's a fun memory worth making. I loved doing the Izumi roll your own sushi event on Grandeur.

Judy

Can kids go to the adult class? My kids are 11 and 9 and would like to do the class with their grandmother and myself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That should be fine. I've done the class 3 times (once on Oasis and twice on Liberty), and 2 of the 3 times there were kids probably about 10 years old or so. They may have to pay the higher price to do the adult class, but I'm not sure (IIRC, the adult class was $22 and the kids' class was $15). Just FYI, the adult classes do either the dog or the hamburger and fries, both of which are pretty cute. :)

Although I knew about the cupcake decorating class we did not try it, but two days we purchased cupcakes and each was delicious!

I have to be gluten free and they also provided me with the most excellent gluten free cupcake I ever had it in my life.

When you go to the cupcake cupboard, the left side changes daily different cupcakes, and the right side is always the same.

I am sorry I don't look and noticed the prices...I believe they are around $3.50-$5.00. Well worth it delicious.

I don't remember exact prices, but there are cake pops and mini-cupcakes for less than that.

We did the cupcake class on LOS last month and loved it! My dd is 11 so we both did the adult class. I would recommend the adult class to kids 10 and up - as long as they are taking the class with a parent. There were two sisters taking the class on their own (no parent in sight) and they had to have a little help from the other adults in the class.

We made the coolest "cheeseburger" cupcake! The class was led by one of the chefs onboard. He was very funny and everyone enjoyed it. My dd is a big "Cake Boss" fan had a great time working with the icing and fondant! Worth the money, IMO.

I'm not a big cupcake eater - I ate a couple bites of my creation and it tasted pretty good!

This will be our first time on Liberty of the Seas. How are the cupcakes at Cupcake Cupboard? Has anyone done the decorating class? Do kids and adults do the same class or is there a separate one for adults?

Thanks,

Loralie

Cupcakes are pretty good - the orange one are my favorite. I also prefer the small sized ones - great for a sweet snack. The normal sized ones were just a bit too large for me.

We did the cupcake class on the Oasis. Adults and children were in the same class which worked for us since I had both my daughter and my niece. It was a lot of fun and the girls enjoyed it. It is a little pricey but you are on vacation and they will probably never experience anything like this at home. The cupcake we made was done to look like a cheeseburger and fries and it looked exactly like it.

Definitely do it. It is worth it. I'm trying to figure out how to upload a photo for you to see.

I'll second that, my wife did it on Allure. From memory we scheduled it ahead of time and there was a youth oriented class, but the other one didn't say anything about adults only. We saw a lot of family members together.

friday2.jpg

Thanks,

Loralie

IIRC, the manager both times we sailed the Liberty was Melvin- really nice guy. We never took a class, but enjoyed stopping by and talking with him while having two mini-cupcakes.

(and I do admit that they are not the best of the best- they are good. thankfully, he and the others there really treat us nice, and makes it worth it)

I neither bought the cupcakes nor took the class on Oasis... but I'm happy to hear this is on Liberty, too -- I'm going on that ship for the first time next fall out of NYC!

Here are a few more photos from it on the Oasis, don't know how similar this is to the one on Liberty:

20131213_144708.jpg

Decorating Class

20131213_144730.jpg

Items for sale in the shop

20131213_144741.jpg

Pics of the cupcakes themselves

20131213_144757.jpg

More items for sale

FYI, I paid close attention during the (very entertaining) cupcake decorating competition between the Captain, the Hotel Director and the Chef...

Fp6O1yfNC2hwpYCgJ8qezE4efbdtqYUVWVD6kYY0uSw=w880-h660-no

As you can see, they created GIANT cupcakes (I guess so everyone could see) that looked like hamburgers. I followed their procedure very closely, and made SLIDERS for my daughter's birthday the week after the cruise at home!!

Ariel+birthday+cupcake+sliders.jpg

Some more fun shots from the cupcake decorating event:

20131213_112117.jpg

20131213_112914.jpg

20131213_113840.jpg