Hangers?

whatevergoes

In Concierge class ( not sure if that matters) and want to know if I need to bring extra hangers from home or if I can ask the room steward and he can easily get them for me? I like to hang most things up because if wrinkles. Also, ate extension cords allowed? :)

In Concierge class ( not sure if that matters) and want to know if I need to bring extra hangers from home or if I can ask the room steward and he can easily get them for me? I like to hang most things up because if wrinkles. Also, ate extension cords allowed? :)

I usually bring extra pants hangers because when I was for extras, they are the thin metal hangers.

Monica

There are lots of hangers but if you require more, the steward will happily get them for you. We have often seen wire ones hanging on the rail along the hallway on embarkation day when they have been removed from rooms and we have been given permission to take them. We brought extension cords and they were not confiscated as some have reported.

Your steward will gladly bring you as many hangers as you may need. No need to bring from home. I am not sure if extension cords are actually "allowed" or not, but we always bring one and have never had an issue. Enjoy

Extension cords and power strips are specifically in the prohibited items list as are irons and steamers.

However as a practical point, I have yet to have had extension cord or power strip taken from me.

See "What not to Pack" here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

Extension cords and power strips are specifically in the prohibited items list as are irons and steamers.

However as a practical point, I have yet to have had extension cord or power strip taken from me.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

Interesting that you say power strips are specifically in the prohibited items list. What am I missing here???

Per your link:

What not to Pack

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas

Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Electrical Extension Cords, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint

Alcoholic Beverages**

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Nowhere do I see any specific reference to power strips! It is also strange that in all of my cruises with a power strip in tow, not once has it been confiscated or even questioned.

Edited by gimletgal

I just got my edocs for July 4, 2014 Reflection and there is no mention of steamers being prohibited, just that irons are not allowed. I know it has been stated in many posts that steamers aren't allowed, but it is not in the documentation. If it isn't stated, will they still confiscate a steamer?

I just got my edocs for July 4, 2014 Reflection and there is no mention of steamers being prohibited, just that irons are not allowed. I know it has been stated in many posts that steamers aren't allowed, but it is not in the documentation. If it isn't stated, will they still confiscate a steamer?

You are correct. Steamers are not on the list. You will be fine.

You are correct. Steamers are not on the list. You will be fine.

Thank you! That eliminates a lot of problems. I was trying to think of creative ways of eliminating wrinkles, like using my blow dryer, but that probably wouldn't work. In any event, I'm glad I can take a steamer!

Interesting that you say power strips are specifically in the prohibited items list. What am I missing here???

Per your link:

What not to Pack

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Candles & Incense

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

HAM Radios

Alcoholic Beverages**

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Nowhere do I see any specific reference to power strips! It is also strange that in all of my cruises with a power strip in tow, not once has it been confiscated or even questioned.

Every power strip I have has a cord extending its length, an extension cord. Otherwise it's a 3-way adapter if it has no cord, if we want to split hairs....

I've been able to get extension cords on with no issue too. I've been able to get 4 bottles of champagne on when embarking, I've been able to bring 3 bottle of port on and to my cabin during a port of call. Doesn't mean it's acceptable, but does mean it's loosely enforced. I doubt one would win the argument should they pull the power strip in an examination.....but as with most things, YMMV.

Perhaps the use of the word SPECIFICALLY throws some people :D But it is a extend cord normally, right?

My DH is a strict rule follower and when I told him about bringing a power strip, he checked and saw that it was on the what not to pack. Although that contradicted other things I read. So I called CC and asked.

The agent was surprised and said she doesn't see it listed on her list. And said that they do provide extension cords for people who use CPAP machines. I told her were my husband saw it and she called over to the web desk. They knew where it was and said that it was out of date. She came back and told me it was fine and that they did open a ticket to update the website. I see that it's still not updated though.

I had called two weeks ago.

I am aware of three different lists of what not to pack, and there may be a 4th within the edocs. Since I don't have a cruise coming up soon, I have no edocs to refer to. I will however share the three lists I am aware of. Extension cords are on the first list and the third list. Steamers are on the second list. Power strips are not mentioned on any of them. The third list, according to Guest Relations, is "official policy". It seems to be an internal document and is posted at the entryway to the ship.

Here is the list of what not to pack, from their website:

Candles & Incense

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

HAM Radios

Alcoholic Beverages**

---------------------------------------------

Additionally, you will find on the website the following statement in the FAQ

"Is my stateroom furnished with amenities that I don’t need to pack?

……Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard."

------------------------------------------------

At the entrance to the ship, you may find a document posted. You may have walked past it a hundred times and never noticed it.

Prohibited Items SQM 5.12.3 R12

The following items are prohibited aboard all Celebrity ships. (see exceptions, section 5.12) For questionable items not on the list, the Staff Captain and the Security Officer will determine what is or is not allowed onboard.

Sharp Objects

All knives, regardless of blade length, including disguised knives such as belt buckles, walking canes, pens, et cetera

Box Cutters

Ice Picks/Ice Axes

Meat Cleavers

Razor Type Blades, such as box cutters, utility knives and razor blades not in cartridge. Note: shaving safety razors are allowed.

Sabers

Swords

Scissors with blade length 4 inches or greater

Guns & Firearms

All firearms. Note: including rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers et cetera

BB Guns

Compressed Air Guns, including paint ball guns

Flare Guns

Gun Lighters

Gun/Firearms Parts

Pellet Guns

Starter Pistols

Realistic Replicas of Firearms

Sporting Goods

Baseball Bats

Bows & Arrows

Cricket Bats

Hockey Sticks

Skateboards

Disabling Chemicals and Other Dangerous Items

Chlorine

Bleach

Spray Paint

Tear Gas

Transformers

Electrical Extension Cords

Spillable Batteries

Note: Wheelchair batteries are permitted

Small Compressed Gas Cartridges

Other Compressed Gas Cylinders

Fire Extinguishers

Other Compressed Gas Cylinders

Note: Dive tanks are permitted if they are empty

Note: Medical gas bottles are permitted

HAM Radios

Explosive Materials

Blasting Caps

Dynamite

Fireworks

Hand Grenades

Plastic Explosives

Bomb Making Components

Realistic Replicas of Explosives

Gun Powder

Flammable Items

Candles

Clothing Irons

Hot Plates

Incense

Tea Cup Immersion Heaters

Aerosols, except for personal care toiletries which are permitted

Fuels, including cooking fuel and any flammable liquid

Gasoline

Gas Torches

Lighter Fluid

Torch Lighters Note: common lighters are permitted

Strike Anywhere Matches

Flares

Flammable Paints

Turpentine and Paint Thinner

Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries

Martial Arts and Self Defense

Billy Clubs

Black Jacks

Brass Knuckles

Kubatons

Mace/Pepper Spray

Martial Arts Weapons

Night Sticks

Nunchakus

Stun Guns/Shocking Devices

Throwing Stars

Handcuffs

Tools

Axes and Hatchets

Cattle Prods

Hammers

Drills and Drill Bits

Saws

Tools Greater than 7 inches in length (Wrenches, Pliers, Screwdrivers, et cetera

----------------------------

Edited by cruisestitch