Aft vs double balcony cabin

Hi everyone,

Trying to decide between cabin 4166 (DOUBLE BALCONY) or an aft rear facing VB category cabin on the Noordam.

If you prefer the aft please specify which deck and why.

any photos would be appreciated too!

Thank you

Edited by nwcruisemamma

You don't say which deck the VB is on but there are differing amounts of overhead coverage depending on the deck. This may factor into your choice. See if http://www.HALfacts.com has any photos of similar cabins. The Vista class ships are all much alike with their cabins, so a Vista other than Noordam will be very similar.

BTW, we LOVE the aft cabins, but I need sun protection myself.

Edited by 0bnxshs

JMO

But I would book either or a port or starboard side cabin any day -- preferably a port side cabin.

Again -- JMO -- aft cabins -- all you see is the wake.

We like port side as many times the ship is facing the port and we can have cocktails out on the verandah and people watch.

Hi everyone,

Trying to decide between cabin 4166 (DOUBLE BALCONY) or an aft rear facing VB category cabin on the Noordam.

If you prefer the aft please specify which deck and why.

any photos would be appreciated too!

Thank you

Double wide over an aft any day!!! Well, unless the Aft is an SB Aft Wrap:)

Seriously, you will enjoy the extra verandah space in 4166 over a VB aft which though nice, aint as great as that Double wide:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

DH and I don't like stern cabins (that aren't corners) because we like to watch forward coming into or leaving ports, and all you see from the stern is where you were. We'd take the double-wide.

Edited by catl331

I'm going to disagree with the masses and say go with the aft. We've had the double-wide and really it's just a wide balcony that you won't use much unless you plan on entertaining out there.

The aft is peaceful and tranquil and lacks wind and in the Caribbean when you see little from the ship except the ocean you don't miss much scenic stuff at all. Alaska, Panama Canal, etc I'd go with the double but where there is only water to see, give me aft.

halfacts.com will have photos of the double wide and likely a very similar aft cabin. Whichever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

I just switched over to aft (sunset)4181. I think we will like that better:)

They only had deck 4 available which I like because you don't look down at other balconies just wake. I just wonder why this is the only deck left?

Thanks for all your advice!:)

I provided pictures to Halfacts of both double wides on the Eurodam.

Personally - VB double wide vs VB aft - I'd take the double wide.

I love the aft view, but love having a lounger on my balcony more.

I've done it twice and it's heaven.

I provided pictures to Halfacts of both double wides on the Eurodam.

Personally - VB double wide vs VB aft - I'd take the double wide.

I love the aft view, but love having a lounger on my balcony more.

I've done it twice and it's heaven.

According to the pictures on Halfacts, the 4th deck aft cabins do have deep balconies with loungers. We are booked for one in Alaska next month. I like that it is partly covered and protected from the wind. And I can stare at the wake for hours :)

Yes you do see where you have been...but it is only the length of the ship after where you were going...plus both the starboard and port side are clearly visible from stern ..offering you a vista you can gaze upon considerably longer than those viewing from just one side of the ship...with the wake completing the picture.:)

• 1 year later...
JMO

But I would book either or a port or starboard side cabin any day -- preferably a port side cabin.

Again -- JMO -- aft cabins -- all you see is the wake.

We like port side as many times the ship is facing the port and we can have cocktails out on the verandah and people watch.

Your thought on the side cabins vs aft is very helpful. We had just booked our first aft being there were no side cabins available except for very small balconies. However, I to like to watch what is going on if we happen to be on the correct side while in port.

IF it were a small VB balcony say 5152 or VB 5190 which would you choose?

You have been on CC for years and helped me in the past. I appreciate your input. The only other option for our sailing is a VA under the Lido mid ship - I hate noise overhead so figured that could be a problem. The ship is heavily booked for our sailing.

THANKS