princess guarantee cabin question

dimiegirl

Hello, We have received an inside guarantee cabin for our upcoming cruise. I was wondering what others' experience has been with regards to receiving cabin assignment.. Is it before final payment, after, or even later? Just wondering how it works with princess.. Thanks:)

Hello, We have received an inside guarantee cabin for our upcoming cruise. I was wondering what others' experience has been with regards to receiving cabin assignment.. Is it before final payment, after, or even later? Just wondering how it works with princess.. Thanks:)

It could be before or after final payment, it could be one month or one week or even one day before the cruise or it could even be assigned at check in at the port before boarding. People on these boards have reported all kinds of scenarios with guaranteed bookings. Good luck and have a great cruise. :cool:

There is no set way it happens, as stated it could be done very close to sailing.

I booked a Alaskan cruise on the Pacific Princess for July through a TA. I have paid for the cruise and have a stateroom assigned on deck 7. My boarding pass and luggage tags all have that stateroom on them. So, are you saying that they could still change my stateroom before the cruise?

Dumb question probably, but hey, I am new to this.

We did the same last summer but booked past final pmt. We booked a guarantee inside and were assigned our cabin about 2 weeks after booking (about 6 weeks before sailing) and it was an upgrade to a midship obstructed OV! We were very happy since the cruise was so very inexpensive (629 pp for 14 day AK)

Edited by sept10dsm

I booked a Alaskan cruise on the Pacific Princess for July through a TA. I have paid for the cruise and have a stateroom assigned on deck 7. My boarding pass and luggage tags all have that stateroom on them. So, are you saying that they could still change my stateroom before the cruise?

Dumb question probably, but hey, I am new to this.

Yes, some have been changed/upgraded once assigned.

Just got mine today for our July 6 cruise. We are 45 days before the cruise, obviously after final payment.

I'm on the Coral Princess July 5th to Alaska and booked 2 guaranteed lowest category inside rooms last August. I'm still waiting for cabin assignments. I'm an advanced planned and not knowing which room or deck we will be on sucks! Lol. When I call Princess they said that we'll probably get an assignment a week or 2 before sailing. We booked directly through Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got mine today for our July 6 cruise. We are 45 days before the cruise, obviously after final payment.

Which ship are you on? The Grand? I'm on the Coral leaving July 5 and still haven't gotten an assignment. We're you upgraded?

Which ship are you on? The Grand? I'm on the Coral leaving July 5 and still haven't gotten an assignment. We're you upgraded?

Royal Princess. I originally reserved deluxe balcony and was given opportunity to upgrade to mini suite at no cost. I wound up getting a mid-forward mini suite and I'm happy with it.

• 2 months later...
Whoa!

What if I want a particular cabin? It's an Alaska cruise, and I don't want just any cabin in that price category.

Most of the time you can book a specific cabin in a category. Sometime, however, there are not any specific cabins available and Princess offers guarantees. There are times when both specific cabins and guarantees are available in a category. People book a guarantee in hopes of getting an upgrade. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they end up in a higher category but not a great location--such as above the theater or under the fitness center.

My only experience booking an inside guarantee was for a July 1st sailing this year, booked about one month prior to sailing.

Checked obsessively every day and finally four days before sailing got assigned to a balcony. Worth the wait for sure.

Last year, we booked an interior guarantee 4 months ahead of sailing and we received a cabin in the same category 5 days before departure. Interior cabins were sold out on the website over a month in advance, so there must have been a lot of guarantees to assign.

This year, we booked an interior guarantee 11 months ahead of sailing and we did not receive our cabin assignment yet. I'm not surprised, since we have another 5.5 months to go!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Whoa!

What if I want a particular cabin? It's an Alaska cruise, and I don't want just any cabin in that price category.

Don't book a gty. Book the specific cabin you want and then have the booking marked "NO UPGRADE". You won't be upgraded but you also won't be moved to a different cabin. All Princess bookings are open to upgrade by default.

We book guarantee cabins all the time. We have NEVER been upgraded out of our original cabin guarantee catagory. We are Elite. I believe Princess upgrades others who are 1st timers or non Elite. We are very satisfied with the guarantee program.