Tom's Blog...Star Princess May 23--RT from San Francisco to Alaska

trbarton

Tom thanks for the generous helping of photos! Ultimate Balcony Breakfast looked like a fine way to start the day.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Star.

Norris

A suggestion to CC people, print out any important papers for activities and post them in your stateroom wall using refrigerator magnets that you bring which will act as a reminder.

Tom:)

Also maybe just post the activities on the roll call. Easy to access that way. It is also nice to have a roll call list with people's name and whatever other information they feel comfortable posting. Don't need to post personal information if some don't want it.

Edited by O2Bcrusin

Great shots, looking forward to more if you have the time, patters, menu's, and more. So excited!

For the Patters please go to the thread for our cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42993768 as someone posted that they will post the Patters. Perhaps someone will have copies of the menu's. I will post more photos soon.

Tom I really love your photos but for life of me can't figure out how you get them to embed in the post. If you could drop a few pointers on how this works I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tom I really love your photos but for life of me can't figure out how you get them to embed in the post. If you could drop a few pointers on how this works I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

Here's what you do. I use a site called photo bucket. I've uploaded my photos there. When I want to post a photo I go to the photo that I want to post and click on the photo which gives me a large image. On the right hand side of the page you will see a box that says IMG. When I click with the left mouse button on the IMG box it says "Copied". I then paste the link into the CC page. You'll see the image below after I posted the link.

DSC_0336_zps86ac0c81.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Day 9...Saturday, May 31...At Sea

Captain mentioned that they are going to continue there special cleaning until we get back to SF. It sounds like around 60 people sick including crew.

I would guess that there was much less than that since the highest that the captain mentioned was 1.2%. It started with 0.6% and then was contained with 1.2%. The crew did a fantastic job with sanitation. So many were complaining about it being a pain, and I get that, but would much rather them keep everything sanitary vs. the dreaded norovirus.

Tracy arm

DSC_0567_zps1ae74169.jpg

Large chucks of ice prevented going to the original glacier.

DSC_0570_zpsa04bce7b.jpg

We continued up the Fjord and this was a close as we could get.

DSC_0573_zpsf34e3741.jpg

DSC_0574_zpsd683b313.jpg

DSC_0592_zps43338a38.jpg

Another view of the glacier...Notice all of the ice

Edited by trbarton

For the Patters please go to the thread for our cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...php?p=42993768 as someone posted that they will post the Patters. Perhaps someone will have copies of the menu's. I will post more photos soon.

Tom

Tom, why don't you go ahead and post them. We didn't get home until 2:00 am on Wednesday and arrived to over a foot of grass in the yard. I am booked solid the rest of the week. Haven't even begun to download all our pictures from our 21 days of travel, so it will be quite a while before I get to posting the Patters.

As for the cruise itself, I will be writing reviews, but I can sum up my feelings pretty quickly. Disappointed. We're going back to Celebrity.

Mary

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody will post the Patters soon. It will be a great help for me in preparing my son for the trip. Please and Thank you.

Tom,

Glad you are having a great time.

On the sea days are they offering Zumba? I just read a review of the Caribbean Princess and they didn't have Zumba on the sailing that just returned on Friday.

Thanks, Jackie

We were on the Star May 23 - June 3. There was Zumba every morning at 9 AM in the Vista Lounge.

Colibri93

• 4 weeks later...
Please enjoy my photos.

DSC_0003_zpsaaf660d7.jpg

Trident Grill...Burgers, Chicken sandwiches etc.

DSC_0005_zps313bb261.jpg

Deck area around Calypso pool

DSC_0007_zps4c9a1928.jpg

Calypso pool & MUTS screen

DSC_0012_zpsd872ebde.jpg

Nerptune's Pool...This pool is usually covered

DSC_0015_zpsd19e6ce5.jpg

Horizon Buffet

Tom (or anyone else),

Why is the indoor pool "always covered"? My kids were looking forward to swimming. Is the outdoor pool heated sufficiently for swimming?

Thanks!

Tom (or anyone else),

Why is the indoor pool "always covered"? My kids were looking forward to swimming. Is the outdoor pool heated sufficiently for swimming?

Thanks!

Because if it weren't covered, it wouldn't be an indoor pool?

No, seriously, I think you're misunderstanding what he meant by "cover." He means the roof of the open space -- that glass roof you see which can be opened but rarely is. The pool itself is nearly always available for swimming; it's netted over only on very rough days or for cleaning. No need to worry; your kids will have ample opportunity to use it.

The outdoor pool may or may not be heated. Virtually never on warm-weather itineraries, as my still-thawing-out extremities can attest. But I think they do sometimes heat it in colder weather.

Thanks for your upcoming Live. If you get a chance, could you find out if the CD will be continuing on the next sailing or will there be another CD? We got the email from Princess about our CD and where a name should be there was nothing and the link for more information went to a blank page. Are they doing the CD shuffle on the Star?

Jackie

Just heard from our favorite CD/ACD; Colin Banyard-He will be joining the Star, in Juneau on July 10th as Assistant CD-thru December