Tom's Blog...Star Princess May 23--RT from San Francisco to Alaska

trbarton

Tom,

Glad you are having a great time.

On the sea days are they offering Zumba? I just read a review of the Caribbean Princess and they didn't have Zumba on the sailing that just returned on Friday.

Thanks, Jackie

I was on that sailing on the Caribbean this week and they DID NOT have Zumba

Day 3...Sunday, May 25...Sea Day

This is the second day of little or no sunshine. Cold and windy. Some rain in the afternoon.

There was a morning lecture about port shopping which was tooo long and was putting some people almost to sleep.

Afternoon tea service was slow today as the servers didn't come around very often.

Today is the first of two formal nights. The main dinning room was a mixture of people dressed up for the formal night and people coming like it was a Smart Casual. At 7:15 they had the champaign waterfall with lots of people around and plenty of FREE champaign along with the introduction of officers.

The Princess Theatre was a show with the ship dancers called Stardust.

We went to a show with the comedian that performed a few days before.

Music in the Explorer's Lounge stops around 11:20 each night so after that it's up to Skywalkers for disco dancing. Lots of people there. Dancing at night with some people from the December holiday cruise on the Grand.

I/C always available for a snack.

Tomorrow it's a champaign breakfast which should be fun and lots and lots of food. It will be a dress warm for the breakfast.

Tomorrow our last sea day for a while.

Until then and more news.

Tom:)

Tom, If you have the chance, maybe when you get to the Alaska ports when it is free to send via your phone, can you please post the daily patters? That would be awesome! Or even just take pictures of them and upload as a jpeg. And if you could post a few of the ReMix Patters (ages 13-17), that would be so very helpful. We will be on the Star in June and I really need to prepare my son who is autistic so that he will have a good time. The more he understands what the activities are, the more likely that he will participate with his sister. Thank you in advance.

Tom, you are a peach :pfor taking the time to post for us all. Many Thanks!!!! I am curious as to what is your General feeling about the Star at this point in your journey?:confused:

Day 4...Monday, May 26...Sea Day

Another sea day. Nothing special happening.

There was a show in the Princess theatre with the singers & dancers.

Early rise for tour tomorrow morning with a boat tour.

Continuing to follow your blog/review. How do I subscribe to this thread?

Near the top of this page use the drop down menu labeled "Thread Tools" to subscribe.

You will then be notified when there is a new post for this thread.

Day 5...Tuesday, May 27...Ketchikan, Alaska

Arrived in Ketchikan with no rain. Weather was good.

We took a boat tour that took us up the channel where we saw many bald eagles. We passed the totem park and saw many houses. One house the owner decorated the outside with bowling balls that she bought from her bowling ally auction as it had become bankrupt.

The town is close to the cruise shops, all with walking distance. Besides the Star, the Princess Grand and HAL Osserdam (sp) was in port.

Tourism is the #1 business here. Many shops looking for your business.

Two shows, one with the hypnotist and the comedian, both very good.

Tomorrow we arrive in Juneau a tender port.

Until then,

Thank you for your help about subscribing. I found the thread tools. Where do I find the notification?

Here is a great link on subscribing and notification.

I will post more info there.

Now back to Toms Thread.

Bald Eagles and Bowling balls oh my! :D