Passenger injured on the Majesty of the Seas

I hope they are alright.

See everyone, 32 years old, you never know what is in store for you or what situations you encounter. I hope this guy has travel insurance so he and his family do not have to worry about major expenses at this time.

I hope they are alright.

See everyone, 32 years old, you never know what is in store for you or what situations you encounter. I hope this guy has travel insurance so he and his family do not have to worry about major expenses at this time.

Do you know how insurance would work for a Swedish Passenger such as this?

I noted this has not been reported in Swedish media yet. I hope he has a full recovery.

He is a Swedish citizen, as am I, and has basic 45 day coverage included automatically, but hopefully does have a supplemental policy. It is very common in Sweden that residents can add a basic supplemental travel insurance to their home or renters insurance and this insurance is required by law. This added 'peace of mind' is one of the reasons that Swedes are so well traveled.

I imagine there are travel policies available in various countries for citizens to purchase to protect themselves financially in an unfortunate situation such as this. My point is, no one expects or anticipates bad things to happen, and they can occur even at a young age on vacation when your normal medical insurance may not be in play. I sincerely hope this man recovers and I also sincerely hope they are protected from a major expense.

I noted this has not been reported in Swedish media yet. I hope he has a full recovery.

He is a Swedish citizen, as am I, and has basic 45 day coverage included automatically, but hopefully does have a supplemental policy. It is very common in Sweden that residents can add a basic supplemental travel insurance to their home or renters insurance and this insurance is required by law. This added 'peace of mind' is one of the reasons that Swedes are so well traveled.

That is great. His family can focus on his treatment.

That is great. His family can focus on his treatment.

Well, it is not ideal in the USA as any patient there would be required to settle payment privately and then be re-immersed by the insurer in Sweden. Travel in other regions is quite often provided based on contract. When I was hospitalized briefly in Argentina they had an agreement which meant that I incurred no personal charges, whereas in the USA I would have to pay first and then deal with things. I do not want to paint an incorrect impression, but hopefully he does have this supplemental policy as they then take over and have assistance worldwide.

I am just happy to hear he is being well taken care of as it sounds.

It might actually be as serious as it sounds. I recently had a head injury (six staples in my skull). They performed a CT scan, but I doubt they have that tool available on the ship. Fortunately I had no swelling or bleeding in my brain, even though I had a very bad concussion that took weeks to recover from. On the ship they don't likely have a CT machine, so they probably watch for signs of internal head trauma.

Most likely the symptoms got worse (mine did) and he was offloaded so they could do a CT scan. It's quite possible that he has nothing other than some stitches or staples and a bad headache, nausea, and dizziness, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

hope he is ok ,looks serious. i wonder what happend no reports i saw as to how it happened.

Majesty%20of%20the%20Seas%20Injury.jpg

It can happen from slipping in the shower. Falls are a leading cause of injury in adults.

It can happen from slipping in the shower. Falls are a leading cause of injury in adults.

.......it can also happen slipping off a bar stool too..........:eek:..........We were on the Splendour years ago and a kid, jumping off the bed, hit his head and from then on it was full speed ahead to wards Corfu......luckily he was all right.....

.......it can also happen slipping off a bar stool too..........:eek:..........We were on the Splendour years ago and a kid, jumping off the bed, hit his head and from then on it was full speed ahead to wards Corfu......luckily he was all right.....

I think one is far more likely to slip in the shower or in the pool deck than to fall off a bar stool.

I think one is far more likely to slip in the shower or in the pool deck than to fall off a bar stool.

...Oh I agree....but put the age of the victim with the ship he was on and I suspect the bar stool incident.....:D......plus Mrs. Plum did it with the candle stick in the library...........;):D

And your minimum wage is 16 dollars per hour. :)