Thank you, Upgrade fairy!

I guess if one stares at a cabin every day, somehow RCCL knows. Just got upgraded on Grandeur May 30 from D1 to JS 7650- our very favorite cabin on the ship. I looked at it constantly and wanted it so much. Ecstatic!

I guess if one stares at a cabin every day, somehow RCCL knows. Just got upgraded on Grandeur May 30 from D1 to JS 7650- our very favorite cabin on the ship. I looked at it constantly and wanted it so much. Ecstatic!

May I ask how you had your upgrade preferences set on Royal's website?

webteach, are you coming to the Meet & Mingle? I owe you a drink!

I read this post, and thought, "Dag, why did THEY get an upgrade and *I* didn't????"

So I went into My Cruises and .........................................

SCORE!

Upgrade from D2 to JS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both Webtech and Marion_Mom for getting JS upgrades! Enjoy your cabin and the cruise! Hope to someday be as fortunate as both of you are.....and if I'm not.....I will still be happy for all of my fellow cruisers who do get the upgrades! :)

Hey! I always wanted to meet you, Merion Mom. No Meet and Mingle but we'll be in Diamond or Concierge Lounge every night.

I thought you got a JS when the sale was good? No? Well- now we are both set. Aft- right?

Edited by webteach

May I ask how you had your upgrade preferences set on Royal's website?

Just said go ahead and upgrade- no permissions, no qualifications. We had this cabin last summer-wondering if they saw that?

Hey! I always wanted to meet you, Merion Mom. No Meet and Mingle but we'll be in Diamond or Concierge Lounge every night.

I thought you got a JS when the sale was good? No? Well- now we are both set. Aft- right?

No, opted for the cheap balcony cabin. ;)

See you in the lounge(s)!

:D

Deck 8 aft, but not "on" the aft. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

webteach, are you coming to the Meet & Mingle? I owe you a drink!

I read this post, and thought, "Dag, why did THEY get an upgrade and *I* didn't????"

So I went into My Cruises and .........................................

SCORE!

Upgrade from D2 to JS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade, Carol!!! Enjoy the cruise.

Steve & Mike

LOL I'll have to adjust my settings. D+ and not one upgrade yet:(

D+ with settings adjusted, 40+ cruises on Royal and never had one single upgrade so we have given up the hope that the upgrade fairy will ever visit us overseas......

Congratulations Webteach and Merion Mom, enjoy your JS and have a great cruise!

Some years ago- before Diamond or Diamond Plus- I was upgraded to an owner's suite on some ship . I think this may have been karma for cruising with old mama and slightly demented brother. It was beautiful. Only downside was two people had to sleep together in one non-separating bed. I became even closer to my mom as we shared the wonderful queen-sized bed!

very nice, i am assuming they upgrade the diamond plus and so on first?

That's what is supposed to happen with C&A upgrades. Before C&A gets to upgrade people, the revenue dept. does their upgrades, and anything can happen with the revenue upgrades.

That's what is supposed to happen with C&A upgrades. Before C&A gets to upgrade people, the revenue dept. does their upgrades, and anything can happen with the revenue upgrades.

sorry maybe dumb question but what is a revenue upgrade?

sorry maybe dumb question but what is a revenue upgrade?

Someone from the revenue dept. calls and offers you the chance to upgrade for a price. Usually a pretty good deal and a whole lot less than what it would cost to upgrade on the website. Not free but the next best thing.