Ok Florida peeps, I'm in a pickle-I switched cruises!!

So I had it all planned perfectly, I was flying in to FLL on Sat., 2 days before my Monday cruise on Freedom for 5 days, flying home Sat.

I had my 2 night reservation at Embassy FLL, my fav. hotel.

Then I read a review of The Breeze and became obsessed, only to find out that I could switch to Breeze and get an extra night at sea with an extra stop in Cozumel for only $80 more, which actually comes out as LESS $$ when you figure I had the extra night at Embassy. I had Embassy for $141 a night, and since my booking only went up $80 for the extra night at sea, I actually saved about $60 by upgrading??:eek:

Here's my pickle. I still fly into FLL, but now my cruise is from Miami. That's no biggie, I've done it before, the pickle is I can't decide if I should still stay the Sat. night I arrive at Embassy in FLL then just taxi to the port of Miami Sunday morning when I leave, or should I cancel the entire Embassy FLL reservation and find a place to stay the night in Miami??

I arrive Sat. night in FLL at 6:30pm.

Suggestions?? Thanks.:)

Since you asked - I would find a hotel that is closer to port and under $141 in Miami.:D

Then you start the cruise in a relaxed state. Check hiltonfamilymvp.com or lmtclub.com for lower rates on hotels.

And enjoy the Breeze!!

So I had it all planned perfectly, I was flying in to FLL on Sat., 2 days before my Monday cruise on Freedom for 5 days, flying home Sat.

I had my 2 night reservation at Embassy FLL, my fav. hotel.

Then I read a review of The Breeze and became obsessed, only to find out that I could switch to Breeze and get an extra night at sea with an extra stop in Cozumel for only $80 more, which actually comes out as LESS $$ when you figure I had the extra night at Embassy. I had Embassy for $141 a night, and since my booking only went up $80 for the extra night at sea, I actually saved about $60 by upgrading??:eek:

Here's my pickle. I still fly into FLL, but now my cruise is from Miami. That's no biggie, I've done it before, the pickle is I can't decide if I should still stay the Sat. night I arrive at Embassy in FLL then just taxi to the port of Miami Sunday morning when I leave, or should I cancel the entire Embassy FLL reservation and find a place to stay the night in Miami??

I arrive Sat. night in FLL at 6:30pm.

Suggestions?? Thanks.:)

We are also flying into, Ft. Lauderdale for a Miami cruise, I am and suggest staying the night in Miami. I "assume" you will find a hotel similiar to the Embassy Suites. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy Miami the evening before your cruise. The Hampton Inn, Brickel is in the heart of Miami, lot's to do and see in the area, as well as great dinner options. Nice to try something different (IMO) sometimes.

While I like to be optomistic, who knows what the AM traffic will be like, if the cab will come on time, etc. You can feel relaxed and leave in the morning from a hotel close to the port with minimum stress and experience a new adventure.

Enjoy your cruise.

A quick check shows availability at Intercontinental, Courtyard Marriott Downtown, Hyatt Regency Downtown, River Park Hotel, and Hilton Miami Downtown. All for less than the $141 at Embassy FLL.

I tend to think of "Downtown" anywhere as a bit sketchy. I'm from LA, Downtown LA is NOT where I'd want to stay if I were visiting here. Are any of these hotels particularly in better or worse areas, better or worse restaurants/shops??

Thanks. I know FLL, know nothing of Maimi. :D

A quick check shows availability at Intercontinental, Courtyard Marriott Downtown, Hyatt Regency Downtown, River Park Hotel, and Hilton Miami Downtown. All for less than the $141 at Embassy FLL.

I tend to think of "Downtown" anywhere as a bit sketchy. I'm from LA, Downtown LA is NOT where I'd want to stay if I were visiting here. Are any of these hotels particularly in better or worse areas, better or worse restaurants/shops??

The very heart of Downtown Miami in which the hotels you list above is actually quite a bustling area. Of course like any city, venture over on the west side a few blocks and it gets a bit dodgy.

All the hotels listed above are fine, EXCEPT River Park, which is a total dump, although it is right next door to the Hyatt Regency, which is very nice. Most people opt for the Intercontinental because of its proximity to the port, Bayside, Mary Brickell Village, etc.

I feel like if I switch I'm somehow cheating on my wife in FLL with some exotic mistress I keep stashed away in Miami. :eek:

I've been so loyal to Embassy over the years, (in fact I'm headed to an Embassy this weekend!!) how can I leave her like this when she's been so good to me. She ALWAYS makes me breakfast the morning after...:cool:

The very heart of Downtown Miami in which the hotels you list above is actually quite a bustling area. Of course like any city, venture over on the west side a few blocks and it gets a bit dodgy.

All the hotels listed above are fine, EXCEPT River Park, which is a total dump, although it is right next door to the Hyatt Regency, which is very nice. Most people opt for the Intercontinental because of its proximity to the port, Bayside, Mary Brickell Village, etc.

River Park=OUT!!!:D

Thanks. I tend to lean towards Hiltons and Hyatts when I'm not in an Embassy.:)

If you chose the Hampton Inn in Brickell, it's not sketchy over here at all. It's part of the Hilton chain so since you like those it's a great spot. There will a lot of places to walk to in the evening and plenty of choices to eat at. It's a short cab ride (a few miles) to the port and costs around $13.

As someone else said, the River Park is a dump so don't go near it. The area around the Intercontinental is fine, it's right on the water and really close to the port. The Hyatt Regency is fine too.

I've stayed at Intercontinental before and if your lucky enough to get a room looking to the port it is an absolute gorgeous view to wake up to.

We took a cab from Miami airport to a Dania beach area hotel last year and the cab fare was $75.00. May not be as much from FLL to POM, so I would check the other transportation forms suggested above.

Both choices you have are good, so you can't go wrong.

Greetings

Just do whichever your happiest with. It's less than 30 miles from FLL to the Port of Miami so travel the morning of your cruise should not be an issue. They are too close to one another to worry either way. Even if there is an accident on I-95 you can take the surface streets and still get between the two in a hour or so.

Good Sailing

Tom